Garmin Dash Cam

Garmin Dash Cam Questions & Answers

55, 66W, 45, etc...
Brand Manager for Garmin? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3 questions from our users

Marty h
Marty hasked
Dash Cam

Every time I start the car I have to agree to terms and conditions, can I make it start without having to do that? Otherwise it's useless !

Anthony T.
Anthony T.

Mine needs all the basic setting each time I start the car after the last software update. For example kilometres or miles, which language, whether audio is wanted, etc. etc. The Garmin call centre claim they're not aware of the problem, but their website says they had a "fix" for it about two years ago and since then I've seen reviews from buyers who've had the problem when first purchased. I've bought a Blackvue and I'm going to throw the Garmin in the rubbish bin!

Phil R.
Phil R.asked
Dash Cam 55

No problems with the picture quality, the red light and speed camera work as they should but the lane departure is completely useless. Have had the camera exchanged for a new and both have been the same. Own a Mazda BT50 and it matters not a jot if I program the Garmin for high or low. Very disappointing.

Davidasked
Dash Cam 55

Why, why will it only work with the supplied cable? Had it for two months now and still can not get it to do anything? It keeps turning itself off? What a waste of money, for a supposedly good unit. Do you need to go to night school for six months to use it? Is there an online course?

Garry J
Garry J

Sounds like mine....propriety cables I believe. Both mine used to work until they stopped completely and wouldn’t turn back on - poor batteries/charging management in my opinion.

David

Why do this? In the pursuit of extra profit they make a unit very ordinary to own and operate.

Garmin Dash Cam