Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S

Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S (page 2 of 2)

61 LMT-S, 51 LMT-S

• Battery Life
  • Route Choice
  • GPS Location Accuracy
Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great GPS for the price.

Hans Ignals

Hans Ignals

Overall, pretty good, but POI data inaccurate

Maps are fine, although they cannot be completely up to date every time there’s an update.
Easy to install, bought a reversing camera to go with it, which is pretty useful. However the warning message at the bottom of the screen obscures the view of my tow ball which is handy when connecting a trailer. The warning should be at the top of the screen out of the way.
Much of the POI data is wrong. Schools showing up that were closed down many years ago. Petrol stations listed at private home addresses, in newsagents, rest areas, and places where there are no petrol stations. Railroad crossings show up even though the railway was dismantled and no longer operational.
Quality of sound when using Bluetooth phone connection is mediocre.

Angela K

Angela KPerth, WA

This is great

Bought this to take on holiday in our hire car and now we have put it in my husbands car and so far it has been amazing, better than the in built navigation system in my car.
Very impressed so far and would buy another of this brand if we ever needed one.

GPS Navigation Systems

Find out how Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S compares to other GPS Navigation Systems

Kev H

Kev HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Value

Garmin excellence again

Also fitted to Range Rover. Excellent for long trip planning due to large number of waypoints that can be stored. LR unit only stores 5 waypoints. Maps great but off road coverage is poor to hopeless.
Voice command is average. Overall though is great GPS and is my fourth Garmin unit. I think off-road maps can be purchased from Garmin.

Darryl

DarrylSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for the price.

Great GPS with lots of extras. Speed check ... free lifetime maps ... easy to understand voices ... The interface is pleasant to look at ... It shows places to eat ... where to buy fuel ... so many extras to mention. The detailed maps are easy to follow. I paid under $200. Great value for money.

ThePeoplesChamp

ThePeoplesChampCanberra Central 2601, ACT

A great gps let down by terrible update utility.

Purchased in May 2016 for $300.00.

Features / Functions
Battery Life
Route Choice
GPS Location Accuracy
John13

John13Perth, WA

Overrated and overstated with many hidden shortfalls.

Notoca

NotocaPerth, WA

So Far So Good

wedgetail

wedgetailClunes

Ideal for what I need

Updated to the Garmin Drive smart 61 LMT-6 Got it at a competitive price from Harvey Normans. Good quick response when activated, nice large easily readable screen, clear voice command, easy to install very pleased with the devise. Following needs improvement, the supposed gas stations are invariably non existent, the speed zones are often incorrect. Apparently this is common in most name gps`s as they install the same map apps, despite these " issues " I am happy with the overall performance of the device. Word of warning device is NOT compatible with (hard wiring) direct to battery, causes malfunction !!!
Regards Wedge Tail

john wilson

john wilsonGold Coast

A really great product

I purchased this unit for my wife's Range Rover after being lead on a 15klm. trip around the outskirts of Bundaberg instead of 4klms through the center of town by the inbuilt unit.This isn't the first time that this has happened. My wife who is technology challenged fitted the unit and programed it, while I was away for a week, it's that easy, her own words. She has been for several fact finding trips with this unit, she couldn't be happier it does everything she has asked of it, I am looking forward to using it myself.

Baz

BazForrestfield

A big disappointment.

The find gas station feature is a joke. Crossing the nullarbor where fuel is only avail every 300 kms or so the garmin keeps telling me fuel is avail at truck stops. These are usually a small gravel parking are with a rubbish bin. When I tried to put in Nundroo where fuel is available it could not find it. Tried Nullarbor roadhouse which was about 60 k ahead and was told it was 500 plus k behind me. No where near as good as my old tomtom. Could lead inexperienced travelers into big trouble.

Greg

GregWattle Glen Victoria Australa

Best yet

I have had other garmin sat nav’s, nothing wrong with just upgraded each time. I have found this new model to be nothing but fantastic, larger screen & map detail easier to read & keep eyes on the road rather than looking down to use the Nissan Xtrail in car model
Connects easily to my smartphone for the other features & notifications

Not worth it!

This is the 2nd Navman I've had in 3 months! Both have just died on me without any reason! Horrible product , never purchasing a Garmin again! Looks good but works horribly, maps arnt in date , hardly any signal strength , absolutely terrible! Will be going with tomtom or Navman next!

Frustrated

FrustratedMelbourne

Worst product I have ever purchased.

Will not update software.
Takes forever to find satellites (usually never unless multiple restarts).
Will not connect to phone.
Voice commands do not work.
Manuals worse than useless
Support incomprehensible, uncontactable
I have never had such a frustrating product in 30 years of using high end tech. Usually such products are ok, connect and do what they should. This thing - terrible. But it isn't only the device, everything about Garmin appears to be impossible. Manuals, support, everything.

GPS Navigation Systems

Great product - could be better

William S

William SAdelaide

Worst GPS I have ever owned

One, the maps are very old and WRONG, if you use your gps for a 5 km trip...the directions will probably end up a 10 km trip...it might look flash...but very poor in my opinion, will never buy Garmin again after the experience with this one... and will go back to either Navman or Tomtom...they may not look as flash... but at least give decent directions

Joc

JocVictoria, 3585

Its a great little set up well worth the money.

This is great we have owned a tom tom and a navman and have never been overly impressed with these but I have now updated to this Garmin drive smart 61 LMT-S and its great maps are easy to download and it shows parking spots and heavy to light traffic I'm so glad we bought this.

Henry