Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S

Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S (page 3 of 3)

61 LMT-S, 51 LMT-S

• Battery Life
  • Route Choice
  • GPS Location Accuracy
wedgetail
wedgetailClunes

Ideal for what I need

Updated to the Garmin Drive smart 61 LMT-6 Got it at a competitive price from Harvey Normans. Good quick response when activated, nice large easily readable screen, clear voice command, easy to install very pleased with the devise. Following needs improvement, the supposed gas stations are invariably non existent, the speed zones are often incorrect. Apparently this is common in most name gps`s as they install the same map apps, despite these " issues " I am happy with the overall performance of the device. Word of warning device is NOT compatible with (hard wiring) direct to battery, causes malfunction !!!
Regards Wedge Tail

john wilson
john wilsonGold Coast

A really great product

I purchased this unit for my wife's Range Rover after being lead on a 15klm. trip around the outskirts of Bundaberg instead of 4klms through the center of town by the inbuilt unit.This isn't the first time that this has happened. My wife who is technology challenged fitted the unit and programed it, while I was away for a week, it's that easy, her own words. She has been for several fact finding trips with this unit, she couldn't be happier it does everything she has asked of it, I am looking forward to using it myself.

Baz
BazForrestfield

A big disappointment.

The find gas station feature is a joke. Crossing the nullarbor where fuel is only avail every 300 kms or so the garmin keeps telling me fuel is avail at truck stops. These are usually a small gravel parking are with a rubbish bin. When I tried to put in Nundroo where fuel is available it could not find it. Tried Nullarbor roadhouse which was about 60 k ahead and was told it was 500 plus k behind me. No where near as good as my old tomtom. Could lead inexperienced travelers into big trouble.

GPS Navigation Systems

Find out how Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S compares to other GPS Navigation Systems

Greg
GregWattle Glen Victoria Australa

Best yet

I have had other garmin sat nav’s, nothing wrong with just upgraded each time. I have found this new model to be nothing but fantastic, larger screen & map detail easier to read & keep eyes on the road rather than looking down to use the Nissan Xtrail in car model
Connects easily to my smartphone for the other features & notifications

Not worth it!

This is the 2nd Navman I've had in 3 months! Both have just died on me without any reason! Horrible product , never purchasing a Garmin again! Looks good but works horribly, maps arnt in date , hardly any signal strength , absolutely terrible! Will be going with tomtom or Navman next!

Frustrated
FrustratedMelbourne

Worst product I have ever purchased.

Will not update software.
Takes forever to find satellites (usually never unless multiple restarts).
Will not connect to phone.
Voice commands do not work.
Manuals worse than useless
Support incomprehensible, uncontactable
I have never had such a frustrating product in 30 years of using high end tech. Usually such products are ok, connect and do what they should. This thing - terrible. But it isn't only the device, everything about Garmin appears to be impossible. Manuals, support, everything.

Great product - could be better

William S
William SAdelaide

Worst GPS I have ever owned

One, the maps are very old and WRONG, if you use your gps for a 5 km trip...the directions will probably end up a 10 km trip...it might look flash...but very poor in my opinion, will never buy Garmin again after the experience with this one... and will go back to either Navman or Tomtom...they may not look as flash... but at least give decent directions

Joc
JocVictoria, 3585

Its a great little set up well worth the money.

This is great we have owned a tom tom and a navman and have never been overly impressed with these but I have now updated to this Garmin drive smart 61 LMT-S and its great maps are easy to download and it shows parking spots and heavy to light traffic I'm so glad we bought this.

GPS Navigation Systems