Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S

• Battery Life
  • Route Choice
  • GPS Location Accuracy

Cant find home

I have lived at my current address for 13 years.When I enter my address,it replies that it cant be found.After 13 years and many map updates,It still cant find me.

Purchased in July 2019 at Canadian Tire for $300.00.

John Sowle

John SowleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible user features

Cannot remove direction banner, speed camera alert shrinks before reaching the camera. Cannot turn off school alerts or any of the other alerts, despite there being a setting to do so. FPS rate on camera gives jittery playback. Wish i had reviewed it before i bought it. I live near a school,and so does my girlfriend, so the school alerts go off, non stop even in the driveways.

Purchased in March 2020 for $495.00.

Duncan

DuncanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely the worst

Purchased in December 2015 for $350.00.

GPS Navigation Systems

Find out how Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S compares to other GPS Navigation Systems

David L.

David L.South East Queensland, QLD

Piece of Junk

Purchased in September 2019 for $279.00.

Unable to load pois, for campsites, giving it untill next , if it cant be sorted then its on ebay

Can not load pois, have tried every way to do it poi loaders club loaders file transfer you name it I have tried. Unfortunately garmin accept no responsibility. It mostly crashes on no usb connection, yet have tried all sub modes in catorgaries

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $239.00.

ThePeoplesChamp

ThePeoplesChampCanberra Central 2601, ACT

A great gps let down by terrible update utility.

Purchased in May 2016 for $300.00.

John13

John13Perth, WA

Overrated and overstated with many hidden shortfalls.

Not worth it!

This is the 2nd Navman I've had in 3 months! Both have just died on me without any reason! Horrible product , never purchasing a Garmin again! Looks good but works horribly, maps arnt in date , hardly any signal strength , absolutely terrible! Will be going with tomtom or Navman next!

Frustrated

FrustratedMelbourne

Worst product I have ever purchased.

Will not update software.
Takes forever to find satellites (usually never unless multiple restarts).
Will not connect to phone.
Voice commands do not work.
Manuals worse than useless
Support incomprehensible, uncontactable
I have never had such a frustrating product in 30 years of using high end tech. Usually such products are ok, connect and do what they should. This thing - terrible. But it isn't only the device, everything about Garmin appears to be impossible. Manuals, support, everything.

GPS Navigation Systems

William S

William SAdelaide

Worst GPS I have ever owned

One, the maps are very old and WRONG, if you use your gps for a 5 km trip...the directions will probably end up a 10 km trip...it might look flash...but very poor in my opinion, will never buy Garmin again after the experience with this one... and will go back to either Navman or Tomtom...they may not look as flash... but at least give decent directions

See all Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S reviews