61 LMT-S, 51 LMT-S

• Battery Life
  • Route Choice
  • GPS Location Accuracy

Cant find home

I have lived at my current address for 13 years.When I enter my address,it replies that it cant be found.After 13 years and many map updates,It still cant find me.

Purchased in July 2019 at Canadian Tire for $300.00.

John Sowle

John SowleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible user features

Cannot remove direction banner, speed camera alert shrinks before reaching the camera. Cannot turn off school alerts or any of the other alerts, despite there being a setting to do so. FPS rate on camera gives jittery playback. Wish i had reviewed it before i bought it. I live near a school,and so does my girlfriend, so the school alerts go off, non stop even in the driveways.

Purchased in March 2020 for $495.00.

DRCSydney

DRCSydneySydney, NSW

Garmin 51 LMT-S is not fit for purpose

I've had this Garmin for two years and tested it through much of Sydney, particularly in places I know well. It finds maddening routes from one place to another (eg back streets instead of direct routes); the pronunciation of street names is often ridiculous (eg River Road West is River Request); even on straightforward routes it does unnecessary diversions (eg heading south on Burns Bay Rd from Lane Cove to Drummoyne it takes me up the ramp to Church Street, Hunters Hill, then back down the ramp on the southern side to rejoin the main road). It has to be one of the worst products I've ever purchased.

Purchased in February 2018 at Johnny Appleseed GPS Physical store for $199.00.

GPS Navigation Systems

Find out how Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S compares to other GPS Navigation Systems

Duncan

DuncanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely the worst

Purchased in December 2015 for $350.00.

David L.

David L.South East Queensland, QLD

Piece of Junk

Purchased in September 2019 for $279.00.

jb4105Downer 2602, ACT

in Hindsight Not my best purchase

First problem I noticed the 12v lighter plug means I can have no other device in use at the same time. So cannot charge my phone if required. I could use the USB plug provided with my two plug port but the cord is too short.
The maps have taken me in the wrong direction and also wanted me to make a right turn onto a road with only a left turn. The pronunciation of street names and suburbs needs a big improvement. Yesterday it told me I was going the wrong way in a one way street I drive down every week. Also every time I drive I have to agree to drive safely.

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $200.00.

Unable to load pois, for campsites, giving it untill next , if it cant be sorted then its on ebay

Can not load pois, have tried every way to do it poi loaders club loaders file transfer you name it I have tried. Unfortunately garmin accept no responsibility. It mostly crashes on no usb connection, yet have tried all sub modes in catorgaries

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $239.00.

Complicated to setup and, apparently, no capacity for the "lifetime free maps updates"

Purchased in September 2018.

Ruthie

RuthieHolt 2615, ACT

saving my history

I have had previous Navman GPS and have been able to go into my past history of the last few months. This one doesnt seem to have the facility for this. I need this service and use it constantly

Purchased in January 2019 for $300.00.

ThePeoplesChamp

ThePeoplesChampCanberra Central 2601, ACT

A great gps let down by terrible update utility.

Purchased in May 2016 for $300.00.

John13

John13Perth, WA

Overrated and overstated with many hidden shortfalls.

Baz

BazForrestfield

A big disappointment.

The find gas station feature is a joke. Crossing the nullarbor where fuel is only avail every 300 kms or so the garmin keeps telling me fuel is avail at truck stops. These are usually a small gravel parking are with a rubbish bin. When I tried to put in Nundroo where fuel is available it could not find it. Tried Nullarbor roadhouse which was about 60 k ahead and was told it was 500 plus k behind me. No where near as good as my old tomtom. Could lead inexperienced travelers into big trouble.

Not worth it!

This is the 2nd Navman I've had in 3 months! Both have just died on me without any reason! Horrible product , never purchasing a Garmin again! Looks good but works horribly, maps arnt in date , hardly any signal strength , absolutely terrible! Will be going with tomtom or Navman next!

Frustrated

FrustratedMelbourne

Worst product I have ever purchased.

Will not update software.
Takes forever to find satellites (usually never unless multiple restarts).
Will not connect to phone.
Voice commands do not work.
Manuals worse than useless
Support incomprehensible, uncontactable
I have never had such a frustrating product in 30 years of using high end tech. Usually such products are ok, connect and do what they should. This thing - terrible. But it isn't only the device, everything about Garmin appears to be impossible. Manuals, support, everything.

William S

William SAdelaide

Worst GPS I have ever owned

One, the maps are very old and WRONG, if you use your gps for a 5 km trip...the directions will probably end up a 10 km trip...it might look flash...but very poor in my opinion, will never buy Garmin again after the experience with this one... and will go back to either Navman or Tomtom...they may not look as flash... but at least give decent directions

See all Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S reviews