61 LMT-S, 51 LMT-S

• Route Choice
  • GPS Location Accuracy

Engima2Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Unit

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $208.00.

DRCSydney

DRCSydneySydney, NSW

Garmin 51 LMT-S is not fit for purpose

I've had this Garmin for two years and tested it through much of Sydney, particularly in places I know well. It finds maddening routes from one place to another (eg back streets instead of direct routes); the pronunciation of street names is often ridiculous (eg River Road West is River Request); even on straightforward routes it does unnecessary diversions (eg heading south on Burns Bay Rd from Lane Cove to Drummoyne it takes me up the ramp to Church Street, Hunters Hill, then back down the ramp on the southern side to rejoin the main road). It has to be one of the worst products I've ever purchased.

Purchased in February 2018 at Johnny Appleseed GPS Physical store for $199.00.

jb4105Downer 2602, ACT

in Hindsight Not my best purchase

First problem I noticed the 12v lighter plug means I can have no other device in use at the same time. So cannot charge my phone if required. I could use the USB plug provided with my two plug port but the cord is too short.
The maps have taken me in the wrong direction and also wanted me to make a right turn onto a road with only a left turn. The pronunciation of street names and suburbs needs a big improvement. Yesterday it told me I was going the wrong way in a one way street I drive down every week. Also every time I drive I have to agree to drive safely.

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $200.00.

GPS Navigation Systems

Find out how Garmin DriveSmart 51 / 61 LMT-S compares to other GPS Navigation Systems

Complicated to setup and, apparently, no capacity for the "lifetime free maps updates"

Purchased in September 2018.

George

GeorgePerth, WA

Great GPS especially for overseas

Purchased in November 2018 at Johnny Appleseed GPS Online store for $329.00.

Ruthie

RuthieHolt 2615, ACT

saving my history

I have had previous Navman GPS and have been able to go into my past history of the last few months. This one doesnt seem to have the facility for this. I need this service and use it constantly

Purchased in January 2019 for $300.00.

MansfieldJohno

MansfieldJohnoNortheast, VIC

Never get Lost Again

Best thing I have ever bought for the car. No more getting lost or searching thru maps and taking the wrong road. Easy to set up. With lifetime free maps. Comes with built in dash cam as well. Sooooo easy to use. Paid $170 on Ebay. Brand new unit. included free Garmin high speed multi charger. All with 12 months replacement warranty

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great GPS for the price.

Angela K

Angela KPerth, WA

This is great

Bought this to take on holiday in our hire car and now we have put it in my husbands car and so far it has been amazing, better than the in built navigation system in my car.
Very impressed so far and would buy another of this brand if we ever needed one.

Darryl

DarrylSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for the price.

Great GPS with lots of extras. Speed check ... free lifetime maps ... easy to understand voices ... The interface is pleasant to look at ... It shows places to eat ... where to buy fuel ... so many extras to mention. The detailed maps are easy to follow. I paid under $200. Great value for money.

john wilson

john wilsonGold Coast

A really great product

I purchased this unit for my wife's Range Rover after being lead on a 15klm. trip around the outskirts of Bundaberg instead of 4klms through the center of town by the inbuilt unit.This isn't the first time that this has happened. My wife who is technology challenged fitted the unit and programed it, while I was away for a week, it's that easy, her own words. She has been for several fact finding trips with this unit, she couldn't be happier it does everything she has asked of it, I am looking forward to using it myself.

Baz

BazForrestfield

A big disappointment.

The find gas station feature is a joke. Crossing the nullarbor where fuel is only avail every 300 kms or so the garmin keeps telling me fuel is avail at truck stops. These are usually a small gravel parking are with a rubbish bin. When I tried to put in Nundroo where fuel is available it could not find it. Tried Nullarbor roadhouse which was about 60 k ahead and was told it was 500 plus k behind me. No where near as good as my old tomtom. Could lead inexperienced travelers into big trouble.

Greg

GregWattle Glen Victoria Australa

Best yet

I have had other garmin sat nav’s, nothing wrong with just upgraded each time. I have found this new model to be nothing but fantastic, larger screen & map detail easier to read & keep eyes on the road rather than looking down to use the Nissan Xtrail in car model
Connects easily to my smartphone for the other features & notifications

Joc

JocVictoria, 3585

Its a great little set up well worth the money.

This is great we have owned a tom tom and a navman and have never been overly impressed with these but I have now updated to this Garmin drive smart 61 LMT-S and its great maps are easy to download and it shows parking spots and heavy to light traffic I'm so glad we bought this.

Henry