Garmin DriveSmart 65 & Live Traffic

• GPS Location Accuracy
Chhitij

ChhitijSydney

Would not recommend.

Recommends wrong turns. Not all businesses show up on search. Hassle to search/type in the address on the device. Maps are unreliable, often taking to the loading dock of the businesses you want to go to.

Purchased in November 2020 at Amazon for $299.00.

PeterFD

PeterFDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Downgraded software

Purchased in May 2020 at Johnny Appleseed GPS Physical store for $348.00.

GPS Location Accuracy

No point to this use your smartphone

Can’t get live traffic without smart phone
Why not just use smart phone
It says all over box live traffic, it should say live traffic with your own smartphone
I’ve got a TomTom 5 years old that gives me live traffic
Very very disappointed
Also when you ring Garmin they no very little on own products

Purchased in October 2020.

GPS Navigation Systems

Find out how Garmin DriveSmart 65 & Live Traffic compares to other GPS Navigation Systems

gypsyJ

gypsyJSydney, NSW

Software upgrade degraded it

It was really good but then I upgraded the software. Now I can't turn off speed zone change alerts. It will flash and beep that I'm in a 40 school zone when it's 9pm at night? Called customer support and they told me I shouldn't be speeding?? I can be driving under 60 and it will flash and beep that I'm approaching a 60 zone. Very distracting. I can turn off all alerts, but then I don't get speed camera alerts, I can't turn them off selectively anymore. The hardware is really good but software ruins it.

Purchased in August 2019 at Ryda.com Online store for $297.85.

Stu7Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The Rolls Royce of GPS’s

What a great GPS, awesome screen size, tons of features, great traffic notifications and I love how your text messages and emails are displayed on the screen. Highly recommend this Rolls Royce of GPS’s.

Sonia

Soniaasked

I am so happy with this GPS so reliable and easy to use. I would like to know if there is a way to purchase different voices and car icons for my GPS?

Stu7

Hi there, I have no idea I have never tried doing this. I had a quick look on the internet but could not find anything. Best you contact Garmin direct to ask them https://support.garmin.com/en-US/
Good luck,
Cheers - Stu :)

Bob

Bobasked

I have purchased one of the Garmin Drive Smart 65 ; in all honesty I love it.
This is my third Garmin unit; this is the best of the three.
My problem is that even when the sound is on full volume its takes some concentrating to hear the directions. Meaning if the car radio is on soft and or their is general traffic during the day I really have to listen. I would say that this unit when on full volume is equivalent to around 60 percent of the sound volume of my last unit. The last unit I had, 3790 was almost too loud on full volume. I am not deaf nor need to wear an hearing aid. Garmin have asked me to record a video of the volume at its fullest and then the same with the 3790 model. Not so easy but will do it. Anyone of you tech people have an answer. I have updated the unit. Cheers Bob

Stu7

Sorry Bob I cant help you I use mine with the volume off and just rely on visuals.
Cheers - Stu