MPN: KHGFEN5XSEGRY
See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Garmin? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.5
  • Battery Life
Craig S.
Craig S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Built Like a Rock

I have had one of these watches for a long time and I wear in every minute of the day (except when charging) and it is a beast. Great features for day to day life, sports and best of all it has been bashed, crashed and smashed but not a scratch. I couldn't be happier.

Purchased in April 2017 at 2XU Online store for $979.00.

DOMENICO C.
DOMENICO C.

Amazing

I got this watch as Christmas present because my wife knew I was chasing it since 1 year . The size 51mm of the watch is great . It works perfectly , connect to the phone very easy . You get lots of info which makes your life easier . The 2 apps are fantastic , you can change faces so you don t get bored of it .
Great watch
Absolutely suggest it

Purchased in December 2019 at Rebel Sport.

Greg
GregSydney, NSW

A perfect product for daily use

Love the quality and features of this watch. Battery lasts for 10-12 days after 2 years, GPS works perfectly and I don't have almost anything to complain. Sadly I bought it and in 2 months they released a model with NFC and I cannot allow myself to spend another 1,500 to get another watch just for NFC. I think they should've done NFC from version 3, not to wait to release 5x then 5x plus.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,000.00.

hiker63Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Good outdoors watch, with health benefits!

Purchased in August 2018 at Rebel Sport for $1,000.00.

hiker63

Sorry, I mean 'connectivity to smart phone...'

Product_Reviewer
Product_ReviewerBrisbane

5X Plus, best watch I have owned.

After years of wearing Suunto Ambits I made the switch to the Garmin Fenix 5X Plus a few months ago.
An expensive purchase, but well worth it.
Have worn it through the mud of 2 Spartan races without a drama.
Holds charge well.
Quick change bands are great, I swap them often to match my outfit.
I did prefer the Suunto movescount system with the calendar layout, but maybe thats because I'm used to it after using it for so many years.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Austin
AustinCLOYNA

Garmin fan for life

Love it... use it everyday. I have no complaints.Brilliant watch. Battery life 7 days+. I use for running, hiking and Mountainbiking. Heart rate, sleep and stress tracking also very insightful and seems pretty accurate. Motivated my wife to get into shape. Works well with the MyFitnessPal app she was already using.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Pearl
PearlPerth

Garmin Fenix 5x

Bought this watch in June and am very happy with my purchase. Has very good battery life and the functions are useful for my everyday life. I would highly recommend this watch despite its high price compared to other watch models. It looks slightly bulky if your wrist size is small but its still worth it if your not too fussed on the size.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Top 5 Smart Watch Brands for Women

Smart Watches are a convenient and stylish way for women to keep track of their health, socialise with friends and family, and stay organised amid the business of life. Now there are more smart watches designed for women than ever before.

Isabella G.
Isabella G.30 Nov 2020
top-5-smart-watch-brands-for-women
PWC
PWC

best item I have purchased in a long time

Have had for 7 months now, puchased it for few features & has so many more features that I dont even use. Had never owned a fitness device like this before & is making me do a lot more walking, improving golf. Puchased Sapphire version & looks as good as the day I brought it.
absolutely love it!!!!!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Claudia
ClaudiaGlenview

The best Fitness Watch / buddy/ motivator ever!!!

Rob
RobSydney

Overkill for most, but a great watch

This is a fantastic watch. I'm glad I got the 5X as I've found the mapping capabilities useful a number of times.

You can download lots of useful watch faces and apps, like a surf tracker.

The Garmin Connect desktop app isn't great, but you can do most things with the mobile app (wireless) + third party apps.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Tony S.
Tony S.South East Queensland, QLD

Great Multisport Watch

I've had nearly every Garmin multisport watch they've released and the Fenix 5X is the best so far.

I've used it for running, cycling, swimming, gym and golf and it's performed impeccably. HR works well, though it's not as accurate during HIIT style weight training.

I love the look and feel, though it is definitely a BIG watch!

My only critique would be that the digital watch face isn't too bright, particularly indoors.

Overall its great!

Date PurchasedSept 2017
NeoSamuraiEltham, Victoria

Poor battery life, extremely erratic track/record when set to 'Smart' mode.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Big Red
Big RedMelbourne

The watch I never even knew I needed and can no longer live without

At the start of 2018, I swore I would take the opportunity to live better. As a symbol of this promise, I was given this watch to help motivate and measure my success.
What I did not know is how amazing this bit of kit is. From customization to comfort to the sheer number of available features, this unit is beyond amazing! I joined up a few challenges and found this has had a major impact on my motivation. Since having the watch, I've lost four kilograms and walked more and done more most days.

Stylish in design and beyond functional, this wrist worn GPS unit is a must have for the adventure enthusiast.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Luke M
Luke M

Sensational Watch

I love this thing.
Was looking for a watch that was able to give me a day to day date like a fitness tracking device with steps and HR however with the same tech to be able to track performance more specifically when training or competing. The Garmin Fenix 5X can do it all and hits all of the sports I use it for and has app ability for those that are a bit more obscure, yet to do something I couldn't track.
Battery Life is great and the Golf features usually found only in Golf tech as well as maps on the go are great.
Has a price tag to it but would recommend to anyone

Date PurchasedOct 2017