Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx

Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx

See the Best Handheld GPS Units in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Elwood guy

Elwood guyAU

Terrible service.

I bought Garmin and tried to download the maps following instructions in their sites. It was misleading and i got wrong maps that couldn't fit the tool. Tried to call them or email them and was appalled by the service. Still searching for a solution...
try yourself to call the service in australia and see for yourself how much time you are going to wait...

don't buy

I have had two of these units in two years. The first stopped working after about four days. It was replaced under warranty. The second lasted about the same amount of time. Both failed to accure satelites after very short period of time. Garmin will not fix them. Even though I had these units for two years they spend most of there time in the box. Must be bad luck they say.
Good while it worked
Very expensive when they don't last and can't be repaired.

Brenton Jones

I think they have had such a huge failure rate, they are just getting out of the problems anyway they can. Avoid all Garmin products until the company comes good.

A warning about Garmin GPS

David
David

I had a similar problem that was due to some software called "Spotlight" that appeared to have been auto loaded onto the sim after I had plugged it into my PC. I accessed the sim via My Computer and deleted the software files. It works fine again.

review42

review42

It is one tough and accurate little device. Mine took a tumble from my mountainbike at 60km/h on a rocky mountain road. When I found it amongst the stones, it had a few scratches but is still in perfect working order. The battery also lasts very long provided you buy the most expensive batteries you can find.
It is incredibly accurate. User interface is very intuitive. It is as tough as nails. The software works well. It downloads onto Google Earth, and then you can do playback!
It does not come with Australian maps: You have to buy those extra at an expensive cost.

Adam1

Adam1

I have been using this unit for 10 years for enginneering work, mountainbiking, skiing, motorbiking, 4wd adventures, overseas travel. It is accurate, shockproof and weather proof. I hope new models with more modern interfaces live up to the the 60CSX.
Accuracy, Simplicity, usefulness across so many activities.
Searching for Waypoints and POI's could be a little better. Basemaps are aweful. Shame on Garmin for still using these basemaps. Recommend using with Tracks4Australia Maps or buying a routable mapset.

nailer

nailerSydney, NSW

Great unit for bush and even city