Garmin Instinct Original

See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Garmin? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.4
  • Battery Life
tinkertoy
tinkertoyNSW, 2000

Great watch

I previously had the Samsung s3 which was good but the battery life was pathetic.
I wanted a fitness tracker which provided tracking functions for heart beat, calorie burn, steps etc. with a battery life to match.
This watch is great.
I don’t have it connected all the time to my phone and it usually lasts me around 2 weeks.
The technology used by Garmin on the screen is awesome. You can point the watch to any light source and you can easily read the info on the screen. I think it reflects light which makes the stuff on the screen visible and legible.
It does however have a backlight function.
I bought a Garmin vivo active 4 but I was quite disappointed with it.

Purchased in September 2020 at Officeworks.

Mic M.
Mic M.Sydney, NSW

This is a good affordable watch

I bought a Garmin Instinct mainly because I wanted to keep track of my heart rate post surgery.
Apart from that, the list of features it has, is astounding!
This has all the features that more expensive watches have but not at the expensive price tag.
Oh, did I mention that it looks really good too.
I'm more than happy.

Purchased in June 2020 at Rebel Sport.

rit
ritSydney, NSW

The watch is okay but still on the fence

Previous to this watch I had the Garmin Vivoactive HR. It was promoted as 5 ATM, meaning that it should have been fine going swimming or snorkelling in shallow waters. But disappointingly it died on a swim and Garmin will only offer a replacement for a reduced price, as it was outside the warranty period. I was reluctant to get another Garmin but it is one of the small number of brands which connects to certain apps like strava. It doesn't have touchscreen like the vivoactive HR but setting the alarm or changing the layout of the screen are easy to work out.

Luke
LukeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great initially....build quality is questionable

Purchased in May 2019 for $349.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Instinct Original compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Ty Locky
Ty LockyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect smartwatch for outdoors

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $299.00.