Garmin nüvi 65LMT

Garmin nüvi 65LMT

2.8

Hopalong

HopalongSydney NSW

Large and clear display but maps and speed data hopelessly out of date.

I had a Tom Tom for many years. The display eventually faded and the maps got out of date so I bought the Garmin for the cost of the updates required for the Tom Tom. The free updates and extra details the Garmin provided was a clincher. However, the maps are years out of date and speed limits are not accurate even after updating. Garmin has not heard of school holidays. Unit constantly makes "bong bong" noises even when I am under speed limit. I can turn it off but then I can't hear the warning noise when approaching a speed camera which is an important reason for purchase. Can not be relied upon so is unusable.

Garmin

We purchased a Garmin GPS the usb inside socket had a manufacturing fault sent it away to be fixed cannot repair refused to refund,repair,or replace , had lifetime maps cannot upload at all. They wanted us to pay for a refurbished unit will never buy a Garmin product again terrible company to deal with never again. However The Good Guys were terrific and offered a credit towards a new GPS Garmin would not credit any money at all.
    guess what won't be buying a new Garmin.!!!

Not happy Jan

Garmin is not listening to their customers at all after reading these reviews !!!

WMbundaberg

Great unit outdated maps

I recently purchased a Garmin 65 LMT after already owing a few different brand GPS's.While the unit operates correctly and is easy to use,it is badly let down by the maps.The latest maps have streets missing that are 15 years old and the POIs list businesses that have been closed for over 20 years.
    The map problem seems to be with all brands as they seem to use the same map supplier.Getting an answer from the maker is near impossible but I have sent an email just in case.

WM

I sent Garmin an email and they quickly responded and gave me a link to the mapping company to resolve the issue.Have since found out that the GPS is faulty and very happy with the new one.

GPS Navigation Systems

Find out how Garmin nüvi 65LMT compares to other GPS Navigation Systems

Tommy Y

Tommy YSydney

Perfect GPS

Bought this Garmin (first time) from JB HIfi for a discount. Despite great discount, relatively infamous brand in Australia, the GPS is actually response fast and accurate on road! The update is easy like 123 and fast as well, compare to my previous NAVMAN 400lmt which sucks at update or 0 updates after purchased for 6 months. Will choose Garmin again.

rayc101