Garmin nüvi Essential Series

Garmin nüvi Essential Series

50, 40, 65LMT, etc...

MichelleS

MichelleSClayton Bay

Beware: Garmin Mapping problem on Nuvi devices..maybe on all?

Hopalong

HopalongSydney NSW

Large and clear display but maps and speed data hopelessly out of date.

I had a Tom Tom for many years. The display eventually faded and the maps got out of date so I bought the Garmin for the cost of the updates required for the Tom Tom. The free updates and extra details the Garmin provided was a clincher. However, the maps are years out of date and speed limits are not accurate even after updating. Garmin has not heard of school holidays. Unit constantly makes "bong bong" noises even when I am under speed limit. I can turn it off but then I can't hear the warning noise when approaching a speed camera which is an important reason for purchase. Can not be relied upon so is unusable.

pipingmad

pipingmadAU

Device is good, maps are hopeless

I find the 67LMT quite fast and easy to use. But, the maps are hopeless. It displays and tries to get me to take roads that are not there, it tried to send me down a no entry road and also does not recognise a road I take that has been made for over 2 years.
I have logged various 'map error' reports on the Garmin website, but do not hear anything back.
I have Heremaps on my phone, but wanted a designated unit so I could still take calls. Think I will take it back and stick to the phone.

GPS Navigation Systems

Find out how Garmin nüvi Essential Series compares to other GPS Navigation Systems

AGT

AGTBrisbane

Didn't last as long as expected

Bought in Sept 12, but only used from Oct 15 onward. Stopped working recently so got it checked by specialist retailer who confirmed it was a write-off. Garmin offered reconditioned replacement for $84.60 delivered, but mine returned to them at my cost ($10). Bought Navman for $119. Unable to update.

olly

ollygunnedah nsw

crap compared to navman

have had 4 navmans over the years,decided to give garmin ago,purchased a 65lm,found out,speed,red light cameras and school zones are extra to downloads to buy,comes standard in the mapping system with navman.updated to lmt version,not much better,may be good for the states no good for Australia.going back to navman a far better product.but found all gps systems are far behind "where is "mapping as far as up to date and accurate mappind and warnings,was told it is updated every 5 minutes,may buy a smart phone instead

rayc101

rayc101

Hopeless charging

See all Garmin nüvi Essential Series reviews

Jaqui V.

Jaqui V.asked

nüvi 55LM

Does it have bluetooth for hands free phone

Bill
Bill

No, it doesn’t.

Colin

Colinasked

nüvi 40

what maps and able to be upgraded

Vicki80

Vicki80asked

nüvi Essential Series

Doesn't Garmin have much support? I noticed all the Navman queries were responded to by Navman support staff, whereas I don't see any Garmin staff responses to the Garmin queries. This is worrying.... may help me in deciding my next gps I think.

Compare all 15 Garmin nüvi Essential Series

Garmin nüvi 42LM

Garmin nüvi 52

Garmin nüvi 52

2.0
CategoryGPS Navigation SystemsGPS Navigation SystemsGPS Navigation SystemsGPS Navigation Systems
Display TypeVGA