Garmin nüvi Essential Series

50, 40, 65LMT, etc...

Paul4534

Paul4534Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Best GPS I have ever had ,easy set up and free up dates

Warnings are fantastic ,speed is spot on plenty of notice before you have to turn etc.
Very happy with my Garmin,highly recommend.Very easy set up great clear voices. notifies when up dates are available speed camera warning school warning police camera in area warning and changes color if you over speed .10/10

First GPS and I'm impressed

Got this little tech at DSE in David Jones Melbourne CBD with a price match at $138. Obviously no other store has it and stocks are running low (due to discontinued model?). I am impressed with the responsiveness of this little machine and how accurate it calculates the routes (only few tho since I just bought and tested for 2 days). I do NOT complain about the non-retina grade screen or 'poor' design of the interface compared to Tomtom. Garmin got this thing going firmly well by keeping the essential part-route guiding, smooth. I have not got into downloading any new map but will try on that. Very satisfied for now!

Tommy Y

Tommy YSydney

Perfect GPS

Bought this Garmin (first time) from JB HIfi for a discount. Despite great discount, relatively infamous brand in Australia, the GPS is actually response fast and accurate on road! The update is easy like 123 and fast as well, compare to my previous NAVMAN 400lmt which sucks at update or 0 updates after purchased for 6 months. Will choose Garmin again.

GPS Navigation Systems

Find out how Garmin nüvi Essential Series compares to other GPS Navigation Systems

sirfixit

Bang for buck

SambOz

SambOz

Garmin Nuvi50

The first car GPS we have had. $88 delivered by mail from JB Hifi. Amazed at the product and technology for that price. Been in regular use for last 2 months, has not faltered. User friendly and wish we had one earlier when travelling in Melbourne or interstate. Adapts to a new route if you go off the 'go to' route initially given to you. Looked yesterday to buy another one but don't see them at $88 anymore.

world_traveller

world_travellerSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent, Simple to use.

hillbilly456
hillbilly456

Strange I had a Nuvi and dumped it for a far better TOMTOM. Everyone to their own I guess

Shellie
Shellie

easy to use not as good as my old tom tom was and now has lines through screen not real impressed not worth the money.

BrianW51SA, 5159

User friendly GPS

Needed a new GPS that was straight-forward, inexpensive and easy to use. The Nuvi 50 meets all of these requirements, coupled with a lifetime (of the GPS, not yours) map. In particular, my wife wanted a simple to use GPS that just got her from a to b without a whole lot of bells and whistles. I was able to get just the model, with the large screen so it's easier to see, for a very competitive price at No Frills, who delivered very promptly and did a follow up inquiry to make sure everything was okay.
Easy to use - intuitive, large screen, competitively priced

BrianW51

I haven't struck a problem, but maybe I'm just not really noticing if it's there. I don't think they have the ads though, even though I haven't done an update for some time, it all seemed pretty smooth.

See all Garmin nüvi Essential Series reviews