Garmin Vivoactive

Garmin Vivoactive

Great product for everyday use

Great product fo reveryday use. Ive had this product for over 2 years and it still works a charm. It does not have a heart rate monitor but could be paired if you buy the strap. The face can be customised and the step counter is useful. The watch also syncs to my android phone notifying me of my messages.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Great watch, crap band!

My Partner and I both have the Vivoactive watch and they have been great, easy to use and operate however don't expect the band to last long, both ours broke just over a year old outside of warranty and is $20 to $40 to replace the band and can only purchase on Garmin website so beware..

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Incredible watch, fantastic battery life and so versatile

I bought this watch to track my many activities and it has not missed a beat. Incredible performance, so easy to use and versatile. The notifications I receive my from my phone mean I have to check my phone less at work which is great. The battery life lasts well over a week which is nearly unheard of for a smartwatch. It is rugged and waterproof which is great for watersports and I absolutely love it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Too many defects

I had my Garmin Vivoactive replaced four months after having it. Now the replacement is non-responsive. All of this is less than a year from the original date of purchase. I notified support each time, and they gave me instructions. I did as instructed. The device is no longer being picked up during the Garmin Application’s search for it on my computer. I tried several times. The device did come on the other day, but it would not record data. It only showed time. There was also an hour glass symbol underneath the time. Currently, the device is not responsive. It doesn’t give a charging symbol when charging, and it won’t come on. I am not trying to be a hassle, but I extremely disappointed with Garmin. This is my second Garmin in less than a year of the original purchase. Is there a defect with this watch? I loved the watch’s function when it worked. However it has not worked more than it is has.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Can't live without it

Love love love this watch. It didn't everything I want and more. It helped me train for various half marathons and full marathons. Battery life is amazing. Can customize the face and buy replacement bands. Love it that much I bought a second one as a spare. It isn't as big as some of the watches that offer the same things which is what I liked about it in the first place.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Great GPS, but average watch face

I bought this watch to track my sports, and for that it is great. Really quick GPS pairing and accurate results. The watch itself though is a bit faint and not a great display to read. The smart features are also very basic, but in saying that it's a couple of years old. I think the latest offerings are much improved over this.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Great watch

Screen is high quality and good resolution easily legible in bright sunlight, backlight for night time.
Finds gps signal extremely quickly (typically 5 seconds) if you havent moved far from last time. Syncs automatically with smartphone google maps which corrects any elevation errors. Can also recieve SMS alerts which is handy.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

My Favourite Sports Smart Watch

I love the Garmin Vivoactive! The large square-shape display is more practical and more usable compared to the newer Vivoactive HR and the lastest Vivoactive 3. Battery life is surprisingly good for this model, lasted almost a full day of GPS tracking with a single charge. The watch is loaded with a handful of sports tracking apps, although lack a built-in HR monitor. Anyway, I prefer a chest-strap HR monitor for consistency. The great advantage of having this watch is its capability to connect with other Garmin products such as HR monitor, bicycle computer, and my VIRB action camera! Coolest watch ever!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great product - just needs some more substance and depth to it

Good watch! It has a good battery life, it is easy to read and use. It connects to the phone easily and produces good data. The only downside is the watchband, its very plastic-y, gives me a rash, and the plastic breaks down so you need to replace it every 12 months.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Perfect smart watch for me!

I have purchased this watch to be able to track my fitness progress and dont miss out on calls and texts at the same time. I could not fault this watch as everything I wanted is already here. I dont need to charge it every night like expensive brands do. Its also completely waterproof which is always a bonus!

great watch

great watch. very easy to use and also very comfortable to wear. Barely notice wearing it. Provides very helpful information about steps, calories, distance etc. The touch screen makes the watch very easy to use. The ability to download apps to it is awesome and the fully customisable watch face is a very cool feature.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Affordable wearable device for students

This smart watch is durable compared to apple watch as the screen of apple watch is extremely vulnerable. This watch can record my daily calories, steps, intensity minutes and so on, which is quite convenient for me to track my records of sports. Additionally, it is affordable but still multi-functional for students compared to other models.

Wonderful watch

Its a wonderful watch. Keeps you motivated to remain fit. I gifted it to my husband and he loves it. Using it till now and hopefully will use it for next another couple of years. I will recommend everyone to use it to keep motivated to remain fit and keep connected to your android phone as well.

Simple and elegant

Its a very good wrist band with the farure of time bluetooth steps and many more though its very easy and simple to use. I bought one for my brother he is very much healrh conscious but he simply love it so i recommend this product to the basic users.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Great little watch

I love this watch, though it has no heart rate monitor. It's perfect for me. It's great at work, it has an alarm (buzz only), since where I work it's loud, and I know my shift is over. It still takes me time to set it up different clocks to alarms, even though I've had this for over a year. Great device, great GPS tracking.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Fantastic sports smart watch - has many advanced sporting features and modes

I try and exercise a few times a week and enjoy running, cycling and golf. I have owned polar HRMs in the past for monitoring my exercise and tracking my heart rate.

This Garmin was a massive improvement on my old polar models. It also offers features for golf which I have used and it works well.

I also own an Apple Watch and while I prefer the style of the Apple Watch, it's sporting features have nothing on this beast.

Sure with this model you need the HRM strap (it's not a wrist based heart rate monitor), but these are more accurate anyway.

I love how you can customise the workout screens to have every single statistic you like to track. And the screen is lit for your entire workout - unlike the Apple Watch that shuts off to save battery.

I get 6-9 days use out of one charge - compared with the daily overnight charge I need to give my Apple Watch.

But it's up to you - if you are more keen on sports features then you have to get this watch it's impressive. If you prefer smart watch advanced features like text replies, phone calls, rich apps, calendar events, push notifications and have an iPhone, then maybe Apple Watch is more for you.

Also look into the updated model - it's the Vivoactive HR with an integrated wrist heart rate monitor and a new look.

Or get both ;)

Love it. Helped me loose 5kg

Received this as a gift for Mother's Day. As I took up jogging. It inspired me to keep running and keep myself fit and healthy. My band just snapped after 2 years and I ordered one easily online, which should arrive next week. The sms and email alert function is great and insures I never miss a call, sums or email. Can't wait to get my new band so I can wear it again. Also the vibrating alarm is useful for not waking others.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

A square watch for a square guy

It looks fairly geeky for a sports watch but it has so many options and being able to change the watch face from the large collection it would the envy of anyone seeing it. I bought it for the vibrating alarm so I can wake up early without disturbing my partner's sleep, and for the steps tracker. But it has apps to control your music, tell you the sunrise/sunset times, keep tennis scores, and many others. It has value for the price.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Great product

Had my Vivoactive for 12 months and found it to be excellent. A few bugs in earlier firmware but very stable for sometime. Accurate steps, quick finding GPS and ability to customise watch face is nice. Battery life isn't the 3 weeks they claim but 2 weeks is possible (if no GPS used)

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Good product but armband is of poor quality

I have been using the watch for over a year on a daily basis for running and cycling. The watch does a great job but the plastic armband broke due to wear and tear just after the 12 month warranty run out which was annoying. I expected an activity watch designed for every day use to last longer than that. Also a call to support didn't help which i got referred to order a new wristband for$30. Overall good product but the wristbands are a letdown due to poor quality.

Date PurchasedDec 2015