Garmin Vivoactive 3 Classic

Garmin Vivoactive 3 Classic

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.4

• Battery Life

Just bought Vivoactive 3 - white with rose gold

I've only had my Vivoactive 3 for 3 weeks, though I'm wishing I bought it earlier.
Being my first smart watch, it's hard to compare, though I'm enjoying the look of it, functionality (particularly the sleep tracking) and all for a great price on sale.

The only issue I've had is that it disconnects from my Garmin App about once every day or two, which I need to shut down and restart both phone and watch to get them re-connected. I charge every 4-5 days, once it gets below 20% - as I'd hate for it to go flat during the day.

Altogether a great watch and it can be worn from the beach to work without a worry.

Purchased in October 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $250.00.

DimplesDimples

DimplesDimples

Does the job, great battery life

Purchased in January 2020.

BAD battery life

I purchased vivoactive 3 last year. Battery life has been fine until Garmin app went down for maintenance for over a week. Since then I have to charge my battery twice a day. It is not reading my sleep patterns either they have been really wired since battery trouble. I like the watch but it is really frustrating me charging it so frequently. I have tried all the trouble shooting suggestions but to no avail.

Purchased in August 2019 at Rebel Sport.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivoactive 3 Classic compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

scant

scantCanberra 2600, ACT

Poor customer support, ripped off for parts

The watch band keeper broke after 14 months - $5 to replace - fair enough - $10 postage and no pick up option! Prefer genuine parts but no wonder people end up buying copies.

Purchased in May 2019.

very good watch!

never had a bad experience, all features work well and reliable. had for over 2 years, found garmin also very helpful, easy to connect to phone and costume watch faces and Bluetooth is good

Purchased in December 2017 at rebel sport for $350.00.

Battery Life

Very good, but batery life is no good

I have using my vivoactive3 since 2017 and it never presents problems. Very good watch. But on February 2020 the battery life became very short, and i need to charge it twice a day. I told with support three times but the problem does not solved. Support suggested me send the watch to PROPARTS so change the watch, but i have no guarantee that this will be free of financial costs. Does anybody have a same problem?

Purchased at Amazon for $300.00.

Tigerben

TigerbenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good for general use, but issues once you scratch the surface

Purchased in February 2018 for $380.00.

Battery Life

A watch, a fitness tracker, plus more!

Haven't worn a watch in 10 years, but was after a GPS fitness tracker. Looks like a watch, week long battery (if lazy), and basic smarts & notifications, including tap-&-pay. No issue with build quality, I work with chainsaws and other machinery and was concerned of damage, nearly a year on not a scratch! Despite it's water resistant rating, I don't shower with it on, it's usually dusty and dirty under the band after work, plus it allows me to charge it.

Purchased in April 2019 for $313.00.

Dmitry

DmitrySydney

BATTERY LIFE

This could be a great watch. Sadly, charging it TWICE A DAY made it merely an annoyance. I spent my time tweaking settings, to no avail. And with every firmware update the settings became worse.

There are some glitches like the watch hangs when connecting it to USB cable, solved by a reboot, but the battery life is the worst concern.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Lucy

LucyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Best way to keep motivation!!!!

I have recently started running again and this watch is amazing!!! The GPS is always correct and the vibrations to let you know when you start running and to start your cool down are quite strong!
I love how it is water proof I never take it off.
The battery life is around 4-5 days for me but that is getting notifications all the time!
Amazing watch would highly recommend

Date PurchasedOct 2018