Garmin Vivoactive 3

Garmin Vivoactive 3 (page 2 of 3)

Classic, Music

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Battery Life
cws

cwsThe Mallee, VIC

Perfect running companion

I love the understated design of the watch, it look like a normal watch and not a training watch. You can easily change the wrist strap to match different occasions. GPS tracking is excellent.
The only negatives are that battery life could be better and sleep tracking is not always accurate.
Make sure to update your watch with the latest software to fix a lot of issues.

Purchased in October 2017 at eBay for $359.20.

Alr

Alr

Too many technical issues

I am really disappointed in this watch.
The Bluetooth connection Barely worked with my phone.
It doesn’t play music underwater.
The distance when I’m swimming in REALLY not accurate or doesn’t work at all.
I have it since only two months and the step tracker stopped working.
Everytime I contact customer service, their solution is to update.
I always update. Still having constant issue.
I really don’t recommend spending that much money in something that works half of the time.

Purchased in March 2019 for $400.00.

Works great

Works to average standard.
Doesn’t talk or sync as well as I expected with an iPhone (apple health)
Like the “move” feature as it gets me up to remove the bars on my step count. Heart rate is great too

Purchased in March 2019.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivoactive 3 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Tania

TaniaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Vivo va-voom

I recently purchased a vivoactive watch which replaced my Tom-Tom. I am continuously impressed with the level of functions and accuracy Garmin have imported into this watch. I’ve never looked back, the rose gold also adds a feminine element

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $480.00.

Josh

JoshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Better than a fit bit Versa

Went from fitbit versa to Garmin vivoactive 3 music.
Won't look back from switching over.
Notifications from my phone come through promptly compared to the Versa.
More on screen workouts and tracking activities. Battery last between 2-3days depending on how often the gps is used.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $399.00.

Smartish

SmartishSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware!

I was given the Vivoactive 3 Music as a birthday present following much research and deliberation. I chose the music as all of the marketing and advertising states that your Apple playlists can be simply dragged across! Beware. This is not the case. Your Apple playlist cannot be used!! The option to use Spotify may console, however, that's also not possible. Garmin fail to respond to any contact with a solution.
I'd go buy an Apple Watch!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Janelle

JanelleQueensland

Easy to use!

Good, easy to use fitness tracker/watch. Love the gps tracking. The battery life is great only need to charge once a week (this is after using the gps for 30-60min/4 times a week). I find that the charger connection isn’t as snug as it should be, it often falls out if moved the bit slightest when charging.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Tom

TomMelbourne

Good all rounder

I do love my Garmin although sometimes i do wish I'd bought the Apple watch just because it would be handy to have music and be able to make calls from the watch sometimes. Nevertheless i have the Vivoactive 3 and it really is a good watch for people who a do a bit of a fitness but also just want a good smart watch. Interface isnt as nice as the Apple i dont think, although the fitness tacking is better. Sometimes disconnects from phone so you dont receive notifications but not a deal breaker. Dont really use the Garmin Pay as Apple pay on the phone is easier. I would probably buy the Vivoactive 3 with the music storage over a non-cellular Apple Watch but the Cellular Apple watch trumps all the Garmins i think.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
DAQ

DAQMount Eliza

Bad experience

Had my Garmin Vivoactive 3 for Christmas, only wore for 9 days and noticed the screen had cracked!! Don't know how it happened either but don't remember knocking it. Garmin could not/would not replace the glass screen and said the damage was not covered by warranty, offered a complete replacement for $185, but after 9 days wear!! Not happy!!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Jontym

JontymAdelaide

Nice watch but had problems with heart rate monitoring and GPS

I chose this watch because I liked the style, features and the fact the screen stayed on the whole time. The battery life is excellent and the watch itself is easy to use. Garmin Pay is a nice feature because there is no need to carry physical cards around. For me the main negatives were that it frequently stopped recording heart rate data and often did not track distance accurately (for known course lengths). The Garmin Connect website/app are not as easy to navigate as Fitbit. In the end I returned the watch and exchanged it for a Fitbit Ionic.

day man

day manAU

Have the music version and it is amazing

I upgraded from the Vivoactive HR to this and the differences are immense. This has memory built in to store music so I no longer need to bring my phone with me to the gym or when I run. The activity tracking is vastly improved now as it can automatically detect reps when doing weights.

I use this with a chest heart rate monitor as the inbuilt one is not great during activity especially if you sweat a lot. It makes it hard to get a reading.

Only downside for me is the contactless payment option only has a handful of banks signed up, none of which I am with.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Bluetooth connection useless.

I have had my Vivoactive 3 for around 6 months and would not recommend this watch to anyone. The waterproofing is great as are all of the features except the Bluetooth connection (the most important). If i have my phone in my pocket and my watch on my wrist my watch keeps connecting and disconnecting causing the battery to go flat in 2 days. Annoying poor feature and should be better as this is one of the most important features on the watch.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Lucy

LucyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Best way to keep motivation!!!!

I have recently started running again and this watch is amazing!!! The GPS is always correct and the vibrations to let you know when you start running and to start your cool down are quite strong!
I love how it is water proof I never take it off.
The battery life is around 4-5 days for me but that is getting notifications all the time!
Amazing watch would highly recommend

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Andy54

Andy54South East Queensland, QLD

Was great... until...

Was great the past 4 months as a basic watch with heart rate tracking and sleep and movement.
Then... I noticed a crack on the screen (have no idea how it happened)
contacted garmin who advised they dont repair the glass and because it is cracked its not covered under warranty.
So basically my options are to buy a new one or try and find a watchmaker to replace the glass.
Pretty woeful considering the price of it.

Absolutely love it - Exactly what I wanted

This is incredible, helps me keep track of my exercise, battery lasts and is easy to charge. All the settings are very helpful, little bit tricky to navigate at first but once you find your way it is brilliant. Love that i can get my messages and notifications on here. Would definitely recommend this watch, I don't take it off and I have the beautiful white and rose gold one.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Jill

JillBrooklyn Park

Battery life is poor

This is the start of it. I find myself using my old Garmins 910XT 310XT for GPS otherwise I would be charging my Vivoactive 3 twice a day. This is really annoying and if I bother to get a Garmin again (because product support is also poor) I will get one with a superior battery life, This is quite serious for something that boasts multisports and lots of features.

Megan Easton

Megan EastonAU

Live in it now!

I love my garmin vivo active 3 fitness watch, it monitors everything I need and appears to be pretty accurate. Since I have had it I have been able to monitor my stress levels, heart beat, sleep and steps. It has even updated recently to show REM sleep.
Its water proof and I don't take mine off unless im going to work (I cant wear to work) so it showers and swims with me. The battery lasts around 5-7 days and I normally just charge it when I'm in the car driving somewhere - it doesn't take long.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
jkhvkl876565

jkhvkl876565GREVILLIA

Garmin Vivoactive 3

Meet individual needs, long standby time, itself is very light, running without a mobile phone. Personally, the app design is not as iwatch, the settings are not friendly, the instructions are not friendly, many of the content is not clear, complete the watch with replacement, interface settings, various parameters adjustment, these are very good.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Amber Wilkie

Amber Wilkie

Couldn't live without it

Garmin really is the best when it comes to wearable active watches. Love this one - functional, stylish, GPS very accurate.... The only issue I have is the HRM is quite unreliable... and often wrong. I've had it for 9 months and it used to work well. Other than that, love it!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Erin

ErinCessnock

Can’t live without it!

I absolutely love this product. It gives be so much information which has helped me effectively monitor my health and well-being. Keeping track of my activity motivates me to work harder when I exercise, get more sleep and reduce my stress levels by finding more peaceful moments in my day.

Date PurchasedMay 2018