Garmin Vivoactive 3

Garmin Vivoactive 3 (page 2 of 3)

Classic, Music

• Battery Life

day man

day manAU

Have the music version and it is amazing

I upgraded from the Vivoactive HR to this and the differences are immense. This has memory built in to store music so I no longer need to bring my phone with me to the gym or when I run. The activity tracking is vastly improved now as it can automatically detect reps when doing weights.

I use this with a chest heart rate monitor as the inbuilt one is not great during activity especially if you sweat a lot. It makes it hard to get a reading.

Only downside for me is the contactless payment option only has a handful of banks signed up, none of which I am with.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Bluetooth connection useless.

I have had my Vivoactive 3 for around 6 months and would not recommend this watch to anyone. The waterproofing is great as are all of the features except the Bluetooth connection (the most important). If i have my phone in my pocket and my watch on my wrist my watch keeps connecting and disconnecting causing the battery to go flat in 2 days. Annoying poor feature and should be better as this is one of the most important features on the watch.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Lucy

LucyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Best way to keep motivation!!!!

I have recently started running again and this watch is amazing!!! The GPS is always correct and the vibrations to let you know when you start running and to start your cool down are quite strong!
I love how it is water proof I never take it off.
The battery life is around 4-5 days for me but that is getting notifications all the time!
Amazing watch would highly recommend

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Andy54

Andy54South East Queensland, QLD

Was great... until...

Was great the past 4 months as a basic watch with heart rate tracking and sleep and movement.
Then... I noticed a crack on the screen (have no idea how it happened)
contacted garmin who advised they dont repair the glass and because it is cracked its not covered under warranty.
So basically my options are to buy a new one or try and find a watchmaker to replace the glass.
Pretty woeful considering the price of it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Absolutely love it - Exactly what I wanted

This is incredible, helps me keep track of my exercise, battery lasts and is easy to charge. All the settings are very helpful, little bit tricky to navigate at first but once you find your way it is brilliant. Love that i can get my messages and notifications on here. Would definitely recommend this watch, I don't take it off and I have the beautiful white and rose gold one.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Jill

JillBrooklyn Park

Battery life is poor

This is the start of it. I find myself using my old Garmins 910XT 310XT for GPS otherwise I would be charging my Vivoactive 3 twice a day. This is really annoying and if I bother to get a Garmin again (because product support is also poor) I will get one with a superior battery life, This is quite serious for something that boasts multisports and lots of features.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Megan Easton

Megan EastonAU

Live in it now!

I love my garmin vivo active 3 fitness watch, it monitors everything I need and appears to be pretty accurate. Since I have had it I have been able to monitor my stress levels, heart beat, sleep and steps. It has even updated recently to show REM sleep.
Its water proof and I don't take mine off unless im going to work (I cant wear to work) so it showers and swims with me. The battery lasts around 5-7 days and I normally just charge it when I'm in the car driving somewhere - it doesn't take long.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

jkhvkl876565

jkhvkl876565GREVILLIA

Garmin Vivoactive 3

Meet individual needs, long standby time, itself is very light, running without a mobile phone. Personally, the app design is not as iwatch, the settings are not friendly, the instructions are not friendly, many of the content is not clear, complete the watch with replacement, interface settings, various parameters adjustment, these are very good.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Amber Wilkie

Amber Wilkie

Couldn't live without it

Garmin really is the best when it comes to wearable active watches. Love this one - functional, stylish, GPS very accurate.... The only issue I have is the HRM is quite unreliable... and often wrong. I've had it for 9 months and it used to work well. Other than that, love it!

Erin

ErinCessnock

Can’t live without it!

I absolutely love this product. It gives be so much information which has helped me effectively monitor my health and well-being. Keeping track of my activity motivates me to work harder when I exercise, get more sleep and reduce my stress levels by finding more peaceful moments in my day.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Britt

BrittLaunceston

Good for casual use

I use this watch daily to track runs, long walks, rides and occassionally hiking. The battery life is fairly good, lasting me usually 4 days of daily GPS and no smart watch use. The watch is very slimline, so suitable for someone interested in fitness wearables that can also blend into fancier attire. If wearing long sleeves the touchscreen can get swiped a bit here and there which can be annoying as it can interrupt exercise. The watch is generally quite good for those with a casual to moderate interest in tracking exercise; I'd recommend the Fenix 5/5S/5X for anyone with more dedication.

Matt

MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

few problems and bugs

I have this watch for more than 6 months. The available software or App for this watch is few, the connection or response between my phone and watch is a bit slow, is like a second delay or more. And so do the data sync via Bluetooth, so slow. To view history data you need internet, cannot view if you do not have the internet connection. The battery last 6-7 days after fully charged and take like about 1-2 hours to charge. My watch updated the software or watch OS automatically last few months and every time it did it without asking me for the permission

Mike M

Mike MMARIETTA

Awful product if you need a heart rate monitor

I purchased a Garmin vivoactive 3 following a heart attack, as the cardio rehabilitation group told me that I need to monitor my heart rate while exercising to avoid over-exertion. Today, at the cardio rehab lab, I was proudly wearing my new Garmin vivoactiave 3 while on a treadmill. After some time, the Garmin said my heart rate was 93. The monitor at the lab said it was 144. So, when I got home i called Garmin and was told they know the heart rate feature is not accurate and that "engineering is working on it."

What a disappointment. Not sure if it should be called Garmin or Harmin, as that's what was happening to my heart.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Mango

MangoSydney, NSW

Excellent battery life, sleep tracking and works for me.

Daniel

DanielBrisbane

Perfect device for working out but missing some ''smartwatch features''

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Dan

Dan

The sensors are significantly inaccurate and Garmin support has not responded to my queries.

I got this for Christmas and have been using it everyday since. Recently, the altimeter has become wildly inaccurate. I've not changed my habits, however I'm being credited with 30-40 flights of stairs everyday. I've performed every resolution step listed on the forum and website, but nothing works. I've reached out to Garmin for support, but they have not responded. The Steps are accurate and the heart monitor seems ok, but if you're looking for a device where all the sensor work, this isn't the one for you.

Henry H

Henry HSydney

Garmin is a huge upgrade from Fitbit

Smartwatch/activity is an exceptional hybrid which works well for cycling, running and even wearing in the office. The battery is good as it lasts a few days with moderate use and most importantly the styling is discrete enough to wear in the office without looking overly sporty. I would recommend for anyone considering an activity tracker/watch. Garmin pay function is also really handy as it stores your credit card and enables paypass/paywave without the card.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

MitchR

MitchRBrisbane

Great wearable device - perfect for fitness but not for smartwatch

This watch is for those who want to track fitness instead of receiving calls/emails/texts on phone. It does those two but not as well as others. The fitness tracking is excellent and it's amazing that it even picks up exercises automatically in the gym. It's also very light and the feature that allows pictures to be added as the watch face is a nice bonus.

NicG

NicGAU

Great for running, but mediocre addtl features

As expected for Garmin watches, this is a great running watch, shows all data that I need. Notifications are good, but difficult to clear at times. Love customisable watch faces, but sometimes doesn’t sync (a Garmin Connect issue most likely). Garmin Pay only available for some banks, so haven’t tested yet. Also like ease of swapping 3rd party bands to vary the look.
Overall would recommend if you’re a runner, but not if you’re after a ‘smarter’ watch.

Jordan