Garmin Vivoactive 3

Garmin Vivoactive 3 (page 3 of 3)

Classic, Music

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Battery Life
Britt

BrittLaunceston

Good for casual use

I use this watch daily to track runs, long walks, rides and occassionally hiking. The battery life is fairly good, lasting me usually 4 days of daily GPS and no smart watch use. The watch is very slimline, so suitable for someone interested in fitness wearables that can also blend into fancier attire. If wearing long sleeves the touchscreen can get swiped a bit here and there which can be annoying as it can interrupt exercise. The watch is generally quite good for those with a casual to moderate interest in tracking exercise; I'd recommend the Fenix 5/5S/5X for anyone with more dedication.

Matt

MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

few problems and bugs

I have this watch for more than 6 months. The available software or App for this watch is few, the connection or response between my phone and watch is a bit slow, is like a second delay or more. And so do the data sync via Bluetooth, so slow. To view history data you need internet, cannot view if you do not have the internet connection. The battery last 6-7 days after fully charged and take like about 1-2 hours to charge. My watch updated the software or watch OS automatically last few months and every time it did it without asking me for the permission

Mike M

Mike MMARIETTA

Awful product if you need a heart rate monitor

I purchased a Garmin vivoactive 3 following a heart attack, as the cardio rehabilitation group told me that I need to monitor my heart rate while exercising to avoid over-exertion. Today, at the cardio rehab lab, I was proudly wearing my new Garmin vivoactiave 3 while on a treadmill. After some time, the Garmin said my heart rate was 93. The monitor at the lab said it was 144. So, when I got home i called Garmin and was told they know the heart rate feature is not accurate and that "engineering is working on it."

What a disappointment. Not sure if it should be called Garmin or Harmin, as that's what was happening to my heart.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivoactive 3 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Mango

MangoSydney, NSW

Excellent battery life, sleep tracking and works for me.

Daniel

DanielBrisbane

Perfect device for working out but missing some ''smartwatch features''

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Dan

Dan

The sensors are significantly inaccurate and Garmin support has not responded to my queries.

I got this for Christmas and have been using it everyday since. Recently, the altimeter has become wildly inaccurate. I've not changed my habits, however I'm being credited with 30-40 flights of stairs everyday. I've performed every resolution step listed on the forum and website, but nothing works. I've reached out to Garmin for support, but they have not responded. The Steps are accurate and the heart monitor seems ok, but if you're looking for a device where all the sensor work, this isn't the one for you.

Henry H

Henry HSydney

Garmin is a huge upgrade from Fitbit

Smartwatch/activity is an exceptional hybrid which works well for cycling, running and even wearing in the office. The battery is good as it lasts a few days with moderate use and most importantly the styling is discrete enough to wear in the office without looking overly sporty. I would recommend for anyone considering an activity tracker/watch. Garmin pay function is also really handy as it stores your credit card and enables paypass/paywave without the card.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
MitchR

MitchRBrisbane

Great wearable device - perfect for fitness but not for smartwatch

This watch is for those who want to track fitness instead of receiving calls/emails/texts on phone. It does those two but not as well as others. The fitness tracking is excellent and it's amazing that it even picks up exercises automatically in the gym. It's also very light and the feature that allows pictures to be added as the watch face is a nice bonus.

NicG

NicGAU

Great for running, but mediocre addtl features

As expected for Garmin watches, this is a great running watch, shows all data that I need. Notifications are good, but difficult to clear at times. Love customisable watch faces, but sometimes doesn’t sync (a Garmin Connect issue most likely). Garmin Pay only available for some banks, so haven’t tested yet. Also like ease of swapping 3rd party bands to vary the look.
Overall would recommend if you’re a runner, but not if you’re after a ‘smarter’ watch.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

JPK

JPKBurwood

Great Product with awesome features

Date PurchasedOct 2017
DC

DCMelbourne

More sport than smart - but good at what it does

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Beau

Beau

Great tracker

I have had this watch for around 4months now. I wear it pretty much everyday. It is great for running and cycling, but doesn't seem to track things like gym sessions very easily. It is a great companion if you are a golfer like I. It is great to get a live distance read out for each shot telling you how far to the front, center, and back of the greens. It also keeps track of the distance you hit each shot and will save you from carrying around a score card.

The companion app is simple and efficient to use also.