Garmin Vivoactive 3

Garmin Vivoactive 3

Classic, Music

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Battery Life
scant

scantCanberra 2600, ACT

Poor customer support, ripped off for parts

The watch band keeper broke after 14 months - $5 to replace - fair enough - $10 postage and no pick up option! Prefer genuine parts but no wonder people end up buying copies.

Purchased in May 2019.

Very Poor Garmin Vivoactive 3 and Poor Customer Support

Purchased in February 2018 at Amazon.

Unsatisfied

UnsatisfiedPerth, WA

Regrettable Purchase

I bought the vivoactive 3 watch in august 2019. Today it was 100% charged at midday, then battery was already dead at 5am when i woke up. Does not last long! Regrettable purchase.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $498.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivoactive 3 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Dmitry

DmitrySydney

BATTERY LIFE

This could be a great watch. Sadly, charging it TWICE A DAY made it merely an annoyance. I spent my time tweaking settings, to no avail. And with every firmware update the settings became worse.

There are some glitches like the watch hangs when connecting it to USB cable, solved by a reboot, but the battery life is the worst concern.

Mutasim S.

Mutasim S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Started out great...

After 4 months of happy use, the GPS on my vivoactive became permanently temperamental. Takes up to 10 minutes to find GPS, incorrect distance data, just a faulty GPS unit.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $400.00.

Ben

BenIllawarra, NSW

It was great... But battery and support suck

Watch works well at first...but battery life doesn't last long before going down hill.. updates in the middle of the day delete your steps for no reason. Turn off updates and it'll turn them back on and mess with your battery life.. really not happy with product..I came from 5 fitbit devices now that's another brand I won't ever purchase again

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $400.00.

Alr

Alr

Too many technical issues

I am really disappointed in this watch.
The Bluetooth connection Barely worked with my phone.
It doesn’t play music underwater.
The distance when I’m swimming in REALLY not accurate or doesn’t work at all.
I have it since only two months and the step tracker stopped working.
Everytime I contact customer service, their solution is to update.
I always update. Still having constant issue.
I really don’t recommend spending that much money in something that works half of the time.

Purchased in March 2019 for $400.00.

DAQ

DAQMount Eliza

Bad experience

Had my Garmin Vivoactive 3 for Christmas, only wore for 9 days and noticed the screen had cracked!! Don't know how it happened either but don't remember knocking it. Garmin could not/would not replace the glass screen and said the damage was not covered by warranty, offered a complete replacement for $185, but after 9 days wear!! Not happy!!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Mike M

Mike MMARIETTA

Awful product if you need a heart rate monitor

I purchased a Garmin vivoactive 3 following a heart attack, as the cardio rehabilitation group told me that I need to monitor my heart rate while exercising to avoid over-exertion. Today, at the cardio rehab lab, I was proudly wearing my new Garmin vivoactiave 3 while on a treadmill. After some time, the Garmin said my heart rate was 93. The monitor at the lab said it was 144. So, when I got home i called Garmin and was told they know the heart rate feature is not accurate and that "engineering is working on it."

What a disappointment. Not sure if it should be called Garmin or Harmin, as that's what was happening to my heart.

Date PurchasedMay 2018