Garmin Vivoactive 3

Garmin Vivoactive 3

Classic, Music

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Battery Life

BAD battery life

I purchased vivoactive 3 last year. Battery life has been fine until Garmin app went down for maintenance for over a week. Since then I have to charge my battery twice a day. It is not reading my sleep patterns either they have been really wired since battery trouble. I like the watch but it is really frustrating me charging it so frequently. I have tried all the trouble shooting suggestions but to no avail.

Purchased in August 2019 at Rebel Sport.

Very good, but batery life is no good

I have using my vivoactive3 since 2017 and it never presents problems. Very good watch. But on February 2020 the battery life became very short, and i need to charge it twice a day. I told with support three times but the problem does not solved. Support suggested me send the watch to PROPARTS so change the watch, but i have no guarantee that this will be free of financial costs. Does anybody have a same problem?

Purchased at Amazon for $300.00.

Tigerben

TigerbenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good for general use, but issues once you scratch the surface

Purchased in February 2018 for $380.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivoactive 3 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Works great

Works to average standard.
Doesn’t talk or sync as well as I expected with an iPhone (apple health)
Like the “move” feature as it gets me up to remove the bars on my step count. Heart rate is great too

Purchased in March 2019.

Smartish

SmartishSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware!

I was given the Vivoactive 3 Music as a birthday present following much research and deliberation. I chose the music as all of the marketing and advertising states that your Apple playlists can be simply dragged across! Beware. This is not the case. Your Apple playlist cannot be used!! The option to use Spotify may console, however, that's also not possible. Garmin fail to respond to any contact with a solution.
I'd go buy an Apple Watch!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Jontym

JontymAdelaide

Nice watch but had problems with heart rate monitoring and GPS

I chose this watch because I liked the style, features and the fact the screen stayed on the whole time. The battery life is excellent and the watch itself is easy to use. Garmin Pay is a nice feature because there is no need to carry physical cards around. For me the main negatives were that it frequently stopped recording heart rate data and often did not track distance accurately (for known course lengths). The Garmin Connect website/app are not as easy to navigate as Fitbit. In the end I returned the watch and exchanged it for a Fitbit Ionic.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Bluetooth connection useless.

I have had my Vivoactive 3 for around 6 months and would not recommend this watch to anyone. The waterproofing is great as are all of the features except the Bluetooth connection (the most important). If i have my phone in my pocket and my watch on my wrist my watch keeps connecting and disconnecting causing the battery to go flat in 2 days. Annoying poor feature and should be better as this is one of the most important features on the watch.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Jill

JillBrooklyn Park

Battery life is poor

This is the start of it. I find myself using my old Garmins 910XT 310XT for GPS otherwise I would be charging my Vivoactive 3 twice a day. This is really annoying and if I bother to get a Garmin again (because product support is also poor) I will get one with a superior battery life, This is quite serious for something that boasts multisports and lots of features.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Amber Wilkie

Amber Wilkie

Couldn't live without it

Garmin really is the best when it comes to wearable active watches. Love this one - functional, stylish, GPS very accurate.... The only issue I have is the HRM is quite unreliable... and often wrong. I've had it for 9 months and it used to work well. Other than that, love it!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Matt

MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

few problems and bugs

I have this watch for more than 6 months. The available software or App for this watch is few, the connection or response between my phone and watch is a bit slow, is like a second delay or more. And so do the data sync via Bluetooth, so slow. To view history data you need internet, cannot view if you do not have the internet connection. The battery last 6-7 days after fully charged and take like about 1-2 hours to charge. My watch updated the software or watch OS automatically last few months and every time it did it without asking me for the permission

Date PurchasedDec 2017