Classic, Music

• Battery Life
THG1978

THG1978Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not waste your money on it

Went from Fitbit 2 to Garmin Vivoactive 3. What a mistake. Always dropping out from blue tooth. Apps open and run with out you pressing any buttons. The alarm never works.

Purchased in January 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $239.00.

BAD battery life

I purchased vivoactive 3 last year. Battery life has been fine until Garmin app went down for maintenance for over a week. Since then I have to charge my battery twice a day. It is not reading my sleep patterns either they have been really wired since battery trouble. I like the watch but it is really frustrating me charging it so frequently. I have tried all the trouble shooting suggestions but to no avail.

Purchased in August 2019 at Rebel Sport.

scant

scantCanberra 2600, ACT

Poor customer support, ripped off for parts

The watch band keeper broke after 14 months - $5 to replace - fair enough - $10 postage and no pick up option! Prefer genuine parts but no wonder people end up buying copies.

Purchased in May 2019.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivoactive 3 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Very Poor Garmin Vivoactive 3 and Poor Customer Support

Purchased in February 2018 at Amazon.

Unsatisfied

UnsatisfiedPerth, WA

Regrettable Purchase

I bought the vivoactive 3 watch in august 2019. Today it was 100% charged at midday, then battery was already dead at 5am when i woke up. Does not last long! Regrettable purchase.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $498.00.

Very good, but batery life is no good

I have using my vivoactive3 since 2017 and it never presents problems. Very good watch. But on February 2020 the battery life became very short, and i need to charge it twice a day. I told with support three times but the problem does not solved. Support suggested me send the watch to PROPARTS so change the watch, but i have no guarantee that this will be free of financial costs. Does anybody have a same problem?

Purchased at Amazon for $300.00.

Tigerben

TigerbenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good for general use, but issues once you scratch the surface

Purchased in February 2018 for $380.00.

Dmitry

DmitrySydney

BATTERY LIFE

This could be a great watch. Sadly, charging it TWICE A DAY made it merely an annoyance. I spent my time tweaking settings, to no avail. And with every firmware update the settings became worse.

There are some glitches like the watch hangs when connecting it to USB cable, solved by a reboot, but the battery life is the worst concern.

Mutasim S.

Mutasim S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Started out great...

After 4 months of happy use, the GPS on my vivoactive became permanently temperamental. Takes up to 10 minutes to find GPS, incorrect distance data, just a faulty GPS unit.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $400.00.

Ben

BenIllawarra, NSW

It was great... But battery and support suck

Watch works well at first...but battery life doesn't last long before going down hill.. updates in the middle of the day delete your steps for no reason. Turn off updates and it'll turn them back on and mess with your battery life.. really not happy with product..I came from 5 fitbit devices now that's another brand I won't ever purchase again

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $400.00.

Alr

Alr

Too many technical issues

I am really disappointed in this watch.
The Bluetooth connection Barely worked with my phone.
It doesn’t play music underwater.
The distance when I’m swimming in REALLY not accurate or doesn’t work at all.
I have it since only two months and the step tracker stopped working.
Everytime I contact customer service, their solution is to update.
I always update. Still having constant issue.
I really don’t recommend spending that much money in something that works half of the time.

Purchased in March 2019 for $400.00.

Works great

Works to average standard.
Doesn’t talk or sync as well as I expected with an iPhone (apple health)
Like the “move” feature as it gets me up to remove the bars on my step count. Heart rate is great too

Purchased in March 2019.

Smartish

SmartishSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware!

I was given the Vivoactive 3 Music as a birthday present following much research and deliberation. I chose the music as all of the marketing and advertising states that your Apple playlists can be simply dragged across! Beware. This is not the case. Your Apple playlist cannot be used!! The option to use Spotify may console, however, that's also not possible. Garmin fail to respond to any contact with a solution.
I'd go buy an Apple Watch!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
DAQ

DAQMount Eliza

Bad experience

Had my Garmin Vivoactive 3 for Christmas, only wore for 9 days and noticed the screen had cracked!! Don't know how it happened either but don't remember knocking it. Garmin could not/would not replace the glass screen and said the damage was not covered by warranty, offered a complete replacement for $185, but after 9 days wear!! Not happy!!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Jontym

JontymAdelaide

Nice watch but had problems with heart rate monitoring and GPS

I chose this watch because I liked the style, features and the fact the screen stayed on the whole time. The battery life is excellent and the watch itself is easy to use. Garmin Pay is a nice feature because there is no need to carry physical cards around. For me the main negatives were that it frequently stopped recording heart rate data and often did not track distance accurately (for known course lengths). The Garmin Connect website/app are not as easy to navigate as Fitbit. In the end I returned the watch and exchanged it for a Fitbit Ionic.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Bluetooth connection useless.

I have had my Vivoactive 3 for around 6 months and would not recommend this watch to anyone. The waterproofing is great as are all of the features except the Bluetooth connection (the most important). If i have my phone in my pocket and my watch on my wrist my watch keeps connecting and disconnecting causing the battery to go flat in 2 days. Annoying poor feature and should be better as this is one of the most important features on the watch.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Jill

JillBrooklyn Park

Battery life is poor

This is the start of it. I find myself using my old Garmins 910XT 310XT for GPS otherwise I would be charging my Vivoactive 3 twice a day. This is really annoying and if I bother to get a Garmin again (because product support is also poor) I will get one with a superior battery life, This is quite serious for something that boasts multisports and lots of features.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Amber Wilkie

Amber Wilkie

Couldn't live without it

Garmin really is the best when it comes to wearable active watches. Love this one - functional, stylish, GPS very accurate.... The only issue I have is the HRM is quite unreliable... and often wrong. I've had it for 9 months and it used to work well. Other than that, love it!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Matt

MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

few problems and bugs

I have this watch for more than 6 months. The available software or App for this watch is few, the connection or response between my phone and watch is a bit slow, is like a second delay or more. And so do the data sync via Bluetooth, so slow. To view history data you need internet, cannot view if you do not have the internet connection. The battery last 6-7 days after fully charged and take like about 1-2 hours to charge. My watch updated the software or watch OS automatically last few months and every time it did it without asking me for the permission

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Mike M

Mike MMARIETTA

Awful product if you need a heart rate monitor

I purchased a Garmin vivoactive 3 following a heart attack, as the cardio rehabilitation group told me that I need to monitor my heart rate while exercising to avoid over-exertion. Today, at the cardio rehab lab, I was proudly wearing my new Garmin vivoactiave 3 while on a treadmill. After some time, the Garmin said my heart rate was 93. The monitor at the lab said it was 144. So, when I got home i called Garmin and was told they know the heart rate feature is not accurate and that "engineering is working on it."

What a disappointment. Not sure if it should be called Garmin or Harmin, as that's what was happening to my heart.

Date PurchasedMay 2018