Classic, Music

• Battery Life

Just bought Vivoactive 3 - white with rose gold

I've only had my Vivoactive 3 for 3 weeks, though I'm wishing I bought it earlier.
Being my first smart watch, it's hard to compare, though I'm enjoying the look of it, functionality (particularly the sleep tracking) and all for a great price on sale.

The only issue I've had is that it disconnects from my Garmin App about once every day or two, which I need to shut down and restart both phone and watch to get them re-connected. I charge every 4-5 days, once it gets below 20% - as I'd hate for it to go flat during the day.

Altogether a great watch and it can be worn from the beach to work without a worry.

Purchased in October 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $250.00.

BAD battery life

I purchased vivoactive 3 last year. Battery life has been fine until Garmin app went down for maintenance for over a week. Since then I have to charge my battery twice a day. It is not reading my sleep patterns either they have been really wired since battery trouble. I like the watch but it is really frustrating me charging it so frequently. I have tried all the trouble shooting suggestions but to no avail.

Purchased in August 2019 at Rebel Sport.

Cracked Screen in 2 Days, Customer Service Not Responsive

Watch face cracked within first 2 days of receipt. Contacted Garmin, quick to tell me not covered by warranty and provided no other assistance. Still waiting on a response from Garmin. Received response and they are replacing watch.

Purchased in August 2020 for $200.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivoactive 3 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

very good watch!

never had a bad experience, all features work well and reliable. had for over 2 years, found garmin also very helpful, easy to connect to phone and costume watch faces and Bluetooth is good

Purchased in December 2017 at rebel sport for $350.00.

Very good, but batery life is no good

I have using my vivoactive3 since 2017 and it never presents problems. Very good watch. But on February 2020 the battery life became very short, and i need to charge it twice a day. I told with support three times but the problem does not solved. Support suggested me send the watch to PROPARTS so change the watch, but i have no guarantee that this will be free of financial costs. Does anybody have a same problem?

Purchased at Amazon for $300.00.

Tigerben

TigerbenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good for general use, but issues once you scratch the surface

Purchased in February 2018 for $380.00.

LisaM

LisaMSydney, NSW

Good device, easy to use

Set up was very fast and easy. More accurate the. The Fitbits I used to use. Heart rate more accurate, more exercises and can customise more. Battery life is about the same.

Purchased in December 2019 at Rebel Sport for $249.00.

Alli_Oliver

Alli_OliverMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very happy for the most part

Purchased in November 2019 at Rebel Sport for $250.00.

SMK

SMKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Solid watch you can wear 24/7

I have owned this watch for 3 months.

Comfort: Very comfortable. The strap is flexible. Aesthetically it does not look like a smart watch.

Battery:I wear this 24/7 and workout around 5 times a week. I need to chanrge my watch once a week.

Tracking: I track my Crossfit workouts. I have really gotten the most out of accurately monitoring my HR during WOD’s. This watch tracks running, rowing and walking really well.

Other pros: Apple pay, step count and phone notifications have all been featured i have found helpful

Purchased in June 2019 at Catch for $338.95.

yankeesgirl

yankeesgirl

Great for me

Purchased in November 2017 at Garmin for $429.00.

Works great

Works to average standard.
Doesn’t talk or sync as well as I expected with an iPhone (apple health)
Like the “move” feature as it gets me up to remove the bars on my step count. Heart rate is great too

Purchased in March 2019.

Smartish

SmartishSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware!

I was given the Vivoactive 3 Music as a birthday present following much research and deliberation. I chose the music as all of the marketing and advertising states that your Apple playlists can be simply dragged across! Beware. This is not the case. Your Apple playlist cannot be used!! The option to use Spotify may console, however, that's also not possible. Garmin fail to respond to any contact with a solution.
I'd go buy an Apple Watch!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Janelle

JanelleQueensland

Easy to use!

Good, easy to use fitness tracker/watch. Love the gps tracking. The battery life is great only need to charge once a week (this is after using the gps for 30-60min/4 times a week). I find that the charger connection isn’t as snug as it should be, it often falls out if moved the bit slightest when charging.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Tom

TomMelbourne

Good all rounder

I do love my Garmin although sometimes i do wish I'd bought the Apple watch just because it would be handy to have music and be able to make calls from the watch sometimes. Nevertheless i have the Vivoactive 3 and it really is a good watch for people who a do a bit of a fitness but also just want a good smart watch. Interface isnt as nice as the Apple i dont think, although the fitness tacking is better. Sometimes disconnects from phone so you dont receive notifications but not a deal breaker. Dont really use the Garmin Pay as Apple pay on the phone is easier. I would probably buy the Vivoactive 3 with the music storage over a non-cellular Apple Watch but the Cellular Apple watch trumps all the Garmins i think.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Jontym

JontymAdelaide

Nice watch but had problems with heart rate monitoring and GPS

I chose this watch because I liked the style, features and the fact the screen stayed on the whole time. The battery life is excellent and the watch itself is easy to use. Garmin Pay is a nice feature because there is no need to carry physical cards around. For me the main negatives were that it frequently stopped recording heart rate data and often did not track distance accurately (for known course lengths). The Garmin Connect website/app are not as easy to navigate as Fitbit. In the end I returned the watch and exchanged it for a Fitbit Ionic.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Bluetooth connection useless.

I have had my Vivoactive 3 for around 6 months and would not recommend this watch to anyone. The waterproofing is great as are all of the features except the Bluetooth connection (the most important). If i have my phone in my pocket and my watch on my wrist my watch keeps connecting and disconnecting causing the battery to go flat in 2 days. Annoying poor feature and should be better as this is one of the most important features on the watch.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Jill

JillBrooklyn Park

Battery life is poor

This is the start of it. I find myself using my old Garmins 910XT 310XT for GPS otherwise I would be charging my Vivoactive 3 twice a day. This is really annoying and if I bother to get a Garmin again (because product support is also poor) I will get one with a superior battery life, This is quite serious for something that boasts multisports and lots of features.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Megan Easton

Megan EastonAU

Live in it now!

I love my garmin vivo active 3 fitness watch, it monitors everything I need and appears to be pretty accurate. Since I have had it I have been able to monitor my stress levels, heart beat, sleep and steps. It has even updated recently to show REM sleep.
Its water proof and I don't take mine off unless im going to work (I cant wear to work) so it showers and swims with me. The battery lasts around 5-7 days and I normally just charge it when I'm in the car driving somewhere - it doesn't take long.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
jkhvkl876565

jkhvkl876565GREVILLIA

Garmin Vivoactive 3

Meet individual needs, long standby time, itself is very light, running without a mobile phone. Personally, the app design is not as iwatch, the settings are not friendly, the instructions are not friendly, many of the content is not clear, complete the watch with replacement, interface settings, various parameters adjustment, these are very good.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Amber Wilkie

Amber Wilkie

Couldn't live without it

Garmin really is the best when it comes to wearable active watches. Love this one - functional, stylish, GPS very accurate.... The only issue I have is the HRM is quite unreliable... and often wrong. I've had it for 9 months and it used to work well. Other than that, love it!

Date PurchasedDec 2017