Classic, Music

• Battery Life

DimplesDimples

Does the job, great battery life

Purchased in January 2020.

BAD battery life

I purchased vivoactive 3 last year. Battery life has been fine until Garmin app went down for maintenance for over a week. Since then I have to charge my battery twice a day. It is not reading my sleep patterns either they have been really wired since battery trouble. I like the watch but it is really frustrating me charging it so frequently. I have tried all the trouble shooting suggestions but to no avail.

Purchased in August 2019 at Rebel Sport.

Very good, but batery life is no good

I have using my vivoactive3 since 2017 and it never presents problems. Very good watch. But on February 2020 the battery life became very short, and i need to charge it twice a day. I told with support three times but the problem does not solved. Support suggested me send the watch to PROPARTS so change the watch, but i have no guarantee that this will be free of financial costs. Does anybody have a same problem?

Purchased at Amazon for $300.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivoactive 3 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Tigerben

TigerbenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good for general use, but issues once you scratch the surface

Purchased in February 2018 for $380.00.

A watch, a fitness tracker, plus more!

Haven't worn a watch in 10 years, but was after a GPS fitness tracker. Looks like a watch, week long battery (if lazy), and basic smarts & notifications, including tap-&-pay. No issue with build quality, I work with chainsaws and other machinery and was concerned of damage, nearly a year on not a scratch! Despite it's water resistant rating, I don't shower with it on, it's usually dusty and dirty under the band after work, plus it allows me to charge it.

Purchased in April 2019 for $313.00.

cws

cwsThe Mallee, VIC

Perfect running companion

I love the understated design of the watch, it look like a normal watch and not a training watch. You can easily change the wrist strap to match different occasions. GPS tracking is excellent.
The only negatives are that battery life could be better and sleep tracking is not always accurate.
Make sure to update your watch with the latest software to fix a lot of issues.

Purchased in October 2017 at eBay for $359.20.

Works great

Works to average standard.
Doesn’t talk or sync as well as I expected with an iPhone (apple health)
Like the “move” feature as it gets me up to remove the bars on my step count. Heart rate is great too

Purchased in March 2019.

Tania

TaniaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Vivo va-voom

I recently purchased a vivoactive watch which replaced my Tom-Tom. I am continuously impressed with the level of functions and accuracy Garmin have imported into this watch. I’ve never looked back, the rose gold also adds a feminine element

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $480.00.

Josh

JoshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Better than a fit bit Versa

Went from fitbit versa to Garmin vivoactive 3 music.
Won't look back from switching over.
Notifications from my phone come through promptly compared to the Versa.
More on screen workouts and tracking activities. Battery last between 2-3days depending on how often the gps is used.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $399.00.

Smartish

SmartishSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware!

I was given the Vivoactive 3 Music as a birthday present following much research and deliberation. I chose the music as all of the marketing and advertising states that your Apple playlists can be simply dragged across! Beware. This is not the case. Your Apple playlist cannot be used!! The option to use Spotify may console, however, that's also not possible. Garmin fail to respond to any contact with a solution.
I'd go buy an Apple Watch!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Jontym

JontymAdelaide

Nice watch but had problems with heart rate monitoring and GPS

I chose this watch because I liked the style, features and the fact the screen stayed on the whole time. The battery life is excellent and the watch itself is easy to use. Garmin Pay is a nice feature because there is no need to carry physical cards around. For me the main negatives were that it frequently stopped recording heart rate data and often did not track distance accurately (for known course lengths). The Garmin Connect website/app are not as easy to navigate as Fitbit. In the end I returned the watch and exchanged it for a Fitbit Ionic.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
day man

day manAU

Have the music version and it is amazing

I upgraded from the Vivoactive HR to this and the differences are immense. This has memory built in to store music so I no longer need to bring my phone with me to the gym or when I run. The activity tracking is vastly improved now as it can automatically detect reps when doing weights.

I use this with a chest heart rate monitor as the inbuilt one is not great during activity especially if you sweat a lot. It makes it hard to get a reading.

Only downside for me is the contactless payment option only has a handful of banks signed up, none of which I am with.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Bluetooth connection useless.

I have had my Vivoactive 3 for around 6 months and would not recommend this watch to anyone. The waterproofing is great as are all of the features except the Bluetooth connection (the most important). If i have my phone in my pocket and my watch on my wrist my watch keeps connecting and disconnecting causing the battery to go flat in 2 days. Annoying poor feature and should be better as this is one of the most important features on the watch.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Lucy

LucyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Best way to keep motivation!!!!

I have recently started running again and this watch is amazing!!! The GPS is always correct and the vibrations to let you know when you start running and to start your cool down are quite strong!
I love how it is water proof I never take it off.
The battery life is around 4-5 days for me but that is getting notifications all the time!
Amazing watch would highly recommend

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Absolutely love it - Exactly what I wanted

This is incredible, helps me keep track of my exercise, battery lasts and is easy to charge. All the settings are very helpful, little bit tricky to navigate at first but once you find your way it is brilliant. Love that i can get my messages and notifications on here. Would definitely recommend this watch, I don't take it off and I have the beautiful white and rose gold one.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Jill

JillBrooklyn Park

Battery life is poor

This is the start of it. I find myself using my old Garmins 910XT 310XT for GPS otherwise I would be charging my Vivoactive 3 twice a day. This is really annoying and if I bother to get a Garmin again (because product support is also poor) I will get one with a superior battery life, This is quite serious for something that boasts multisports and lots of features.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Amber Wilkie

Amber Wilkie

Couldn't live without it

Garmin really is the best when it comes to wearable active watches. Love this one - functional, stylish, GPS very accurate.... The only issue I have is the HRM is quite unreliable... and often wrong. I've had it for 9 months and it used to work well. Other than that, love it!

Erin

ErinCessnock

Can’t live without it!

I absolutely love this product. It gives be so much information which has helped me effectively monitor my health and well-being. Keeping track of my activity motivates me to work harder when I exercise, get more sleep and reduce my stress levels by finding more peaceful moments in my day.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Matt

MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

few problems and bugs

I have this watch for more than 6 months. The available software or App for this watch is few, the connection or response between my phone and watch is a bit slow, is like a second delay or more. And so do the data sync via Bluetooth, so slow. To view history data you need internet, cannot view if you do not have the internet connection. The battery last 6-7 days after fully charged and take like about 1-2 hours to charge. My watch updated the software or watch OS automatically last few months and every time it did it without asking me for the permission

MitchR

MitchRBrisbane

Great wearable device - perfect for fitness but not for smartwatch

This watch is for those who want to track fitness instead of receiving calls/emails/texts on phone. It does those two but not as well as others. The fitness tracking is excellent and it's amazing that it even picks up exercises automatically in the gym. It's also very light and the feature that allows pictures to be added as the watch face is a nice bonus.