Garmin Vivoactive 3

Garmin Vivoactive 3

Classic, Music

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Battery Life

DimplesDimples

Does the job, great battery life

Purchased in January 2020.

A watch, a fitness tracker, plus more!

Haven't worn a watch in 10 years, but was after a GPS fitness tracker. Looks like a watch, week long battery (if lazy), and basic smarts & notifications, including tap-&-pay. No issue with build quality, I work with chainsaws and other machinery and was concerned of damage, nearly a year on not a scratch! Despite it's water resistant rating, I don't shower with it on, it's usually dusty and dirty under the band after work, plus it allows me to charge it.

Purchased in April 2019 for $313.00.

cws

cwsThe Mallee, VIC

Perfect running companion

I love the understated design of the watch, it look like a normal watch and not a training watch. You can easily change the wrist strap to match different occasions. GPS tracking is excellent.
The only negatives are that battery life could be better and sleep tracking is not always accurate.
Make sure to update your watch with the latest software to fix a lot of issues.

Purchased in October 2017 at eBay for $359.20.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivoactive 3 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Tania

TaniaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Vivo va-voom

I recently purchased a vivoactive watch which replaced my Tom-Tom. I am continuously impressed with the level of functions and accuracy Garmin have imported into this watch. I’ve never looked back, the rose gold also adds a feminine element

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $480.00.

Josh

JoshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Better than a fit bit Versa

Went from fitbit versa to Garmin vivoactive 3 music.
Won't look back from switching over.
Notifications from my phone come through promptly compared to the Versa.
More on screen workouts and tracking activities. Battery last between 2-3days depending on how often the gps is used.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $399.00.

day man

day manAU

Have the music version and it is amazing

I upgraded from the Vivoactive HR to this and the differences are immense. This has memory built in to store music so I no longer need to bring my phone with me to the gym or when I run. The activity tracking is vastly improved now as it can automatically detect reps when doing weights.

I use this with a chest heart rate monitor as the inbuilt one is not great during activity especially if you sweat a lot. It makes it hard to get a reading.

Only downside for me is the contactless payment option only has a handful of banks signed up, none of which I am with.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Lucy

LucyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Best way to keep motivation!!!!

I have recently started running again and this watch is amazing!!! The GPS is always correct and the vibrations to let you know when you start running and to start your cool down are quite strong!
I love how it is water proof I never take it off.
The battery life is around 4-5 days for me but that is getting notifications all the time!
Amazing watch would highly recommend

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Absolutely love it - Exactly what I wanted

This is incredible, helps me keep track of my exercise, battery lasts and is easy to charge. All the settings are very helpful, little bit tricky to navigate at first but once you find your way it is brilliant. Love that i can get my messages and notifications on here. Would definitely recommend this watch, I don't take it off and I have the beautiful white and rose gold one.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Erin

ErinCessnock

Can’t live without it!

I absolutely love this product. It gives be so much information which has helped me effectively monitor my health and well-being. Keeping track of my activity motivates me to work harder when I exercise, get more sleep and reduce my stress levels by finding more peaceful moments in my day.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

MitchR

MitchRBrisbane

Great wearable device - perfect for fitness but not for smartwatch

This watch is for those who want to track fitness instead of receiving calls/emails/texts on phone. It does those two but not as well as others. The fitness tracking is excellent and it's amazing that it even picks up exercises automatically in the gym. It's also very light and the feature that allows pictures to be added as the watch face is a nice bonus.

Date PurchasedDec 2017