Garmin Vivofit 4

Garmin Vivofit 4

• Battery Life

Poor product and terrible customer service

My 1st wearable so I bought relatively cheap. Still over priced.
Accuracy verges on useless apart from gentle motivation.
App and data is basic and loses value after a few weeks.
BUY, main gripe is main reason I bought it was advertised long battery life. I was shocked to find it died after less than 5 months (product description says 1yr+). When I contacted Garmin I was literally to.d it was my problem and they were not interested.
Would advise against this product and based on customer service also any Garmin product

Purchased in May 2020 at Garmin.

Christopher J.

Christopher J.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

After 6 years of fantastic service - junk!

Used all the vivofits and been happy to see my steps and activity build to tremendous levels. Thanks Garmin for providing those statistics for which it has accurately provided me in all this time. Now while undertaking my daily 8-10km powerwalk, see this device ripping me off anywhere from 25 to 75%. Evidence can be especially seen when viewing each activity's pace map which can be viewed in the devices app. Just seems to stop and not keep up. Time now to ditch Garmin and look elsewhere.

Purchased in August 2020 for $90.00.

Unhappy tenant

Unhappy tenantSouth East Queensland, QLD

As per other reviews - junk

As per other reviews, my fourth replacement has just failed. Utter rubbish.
The screen freezes each time and stays on either the clock or Date.
The last replacement I got I said I wouldn’t accept another replacement and I won’t. I also won’t be buying a Garmin again.
This one lasted only 2 months, the ones before at least lasted 6 months or more

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $160.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivofit 4 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Don't do it.

What a piece of junk!!!! It doesn't sync properly ever, and all it does is count your steps. I basically use it as a watch. Can get my money back?

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $80.00.

Cheeseburger

CheeseburgerAU

Only good thing is that Rebel Sport replaces the faulty watch with new one each time.

My daughter is onto her 3rd Vivofit 4; soon to be 4th since Christmas 2019 as each one works for month or so then starts to lose time. If you put up with that for awhile then something else will go - the screen fails or something else.

Junk!

I purchased this watch after having the vivofit 2 for almost 3 years. Was excited to upgrade after having such great luck from the vivo2. Since Christmas I have had to send back my vivo 4, 4 times. The watch will last about 7 weeks and then freeze up and stop working. Garmin was great about sending me a replacement each time after I paid to ship it off. After the 4th time of the watch messing up on me, that right, 4 different watches!!!! I am done with it. Time to move on to a better quality watch, clearly garmin isnt it

Purchased in December 2018 at Amazon for $79.99.

jpalen

jpalen

Not waterproof failed after 1 month

Bought for my daughter for Christmas 2018. First and only time it was taken swimming in 0.5m of water for 5 minutes last weekend, water ingress found where water was on the batteries causing it to show the low battery black triangle symbol and the button no longer functioning correctly. Replaced it after some pushing when the retailer didn't initially want to replace it, wanted to refund and upsell a more expensive model. Thankfully they agreed to replace. For something that is supposed to be waterproof but unable to withstand a swim for 5 minutes must have been a major manufacturing fault, and/or I'm expecting to find this same problem down the track.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Erik

ErikEastern Heights

Pairing Issues

Beware of heavily discounted products online.

I received an offer by way of BUPA for the unit, it was $90. Original price would have been $200+. I was suspect from the beginning that I was not getting a NEW item but most likely a Refurbished unit. So, it was no surprise when it only worked half the time.

In Garmin's favor though, they did take it back.
At the time of this writing however the refund has yet to eventuate, I trust however that it will.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Sara Paton

Sara Paton

Excellent step up from the Vivo 2

Bought this to replace my Vivo 2 which lost its display. This is the next generation of the non rechargeable version which means you can constantly wear it.. swimming, shower etc. I love it. It is comfortable, light weight and Garmin have a corner of the market with the non recharge that keeps me coming back for more. The app is easy to use and prompts me with just enough push without being demanding.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

RachelSaliba78

RachelSaliba78Sydney, NSW

product and customer service a+

I received a vivofit 4 as a mother's day present I love this unit because it is waterproof and has all the functions I was after. And as I am trying to be more active this ticked all of the boxes.
Unfortunately it started glitching which was a bad thing however it only took a phone call and one email to provide them with information of the issue for them to resolve the it and help me.
They asked me to return the item to have it replaced. From start to finish I had a new one in a new box in my hands within 7 days.
I highly recommend Garmin not only on the product but as a peace of mind for knowing you can count on them for excellent customer service.
Thank you Garmin.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
bucaneer

bucaneerAU

Great motivational accessory

Purchased this to aid and motivate me as I try to lose weight and gain fitness. Gives me accurate distances I walk, times, calories expended, steps and goals, etc. It even measures my sleep which I find intriguing. Can wear it 24/7 to get full daily figures (even in the shower or swimming). I am quite satisfied with my purchase.