Garmin Vivofit Jr 2

Garmin Vivofit Jr 2 (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: 010-01909-33, 010-01909-34 and 010-01909-37

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Battery Life

pinkdawn

pinkdawnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don’t bother

We have had the older generation of vívofit for both our kids, no issues what so ever and both still looks new.
Decided to upgrade them with cute Minnie Mouse and Star Wars version but in less than a month after ownership the ‘paint’ is chipped and peeling off
We don’t even wear our watches in the pool, shower etc
Have contacted Garmin and waiting on a resolution

Our band is clearly faulty

Purchased in January 2019 at Amazon for $120.00.

Han A

Han APerth, WA

Exactly what I needed for my daughter

I love the fact that I can program in her schedule via an app on my phone. This then synchronises with the watch and when it's time for her e.g. music lesson her watch notifies her of it and she knows she's had got to move.

Purchased in January 2019 at Target for $99.00.

edgecrusher

edgecrusherMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Tracker works as described, but terrible quality of the actual band.

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in September 2018 at Kogan.com for $120.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivofit Jr 2 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Katie

KatieMelbourne

Garmin vivofit jr.2

So far so good. My son is loving this watch. I set chores for him and he likes having them ticked off on my end. A lot of kids at school have these so they often use it in the playground to measure their activities. He swims, showers and sleeps with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
ShopShopper

ShopShopperNewSouthWales

Poor battery life, 2nd unit to fail under the 12months warranty

It was good when it worked, alarms and chores rewards etc. First model lasted 2.5 weeks before getting a black screen, this was replaced. But now the replacement has black screen in a little over 6 months. Its just a time waste to sit on Customer Serivce for 15mins before you get an answer than will now have to post the faulty unit to Garmin. Needless to i will go back to Fitbit now they do a Childrens model.

Karen Donnelly

Karen DonnellyQueensland, Australia

Long battery life, water proof and easy to use

I bought one for my 6 y.o. for Xmas and she has found it easy to use and we have personalised it's features for her. It only needs a battery change every few months so no ongoing charging required. It seems hard wearing and she has worn in the pool a few times with no issues.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
AdamM

AdamMMuronbung

Love the features of this fitness tracker

My 7 year old kid asked for a "step tracker" for Birthday. He specifically wanted a Fit Bit. After doing some research I found this and it is for kids and comes in awesome colors. I ordered it and I was nervous because there are mixed reviews. All in all we love it so far and I would highly recommend this to anyone. Super easy to use and also a good learning tool for any child.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Ven

VenSydney, NSW

Good for a reasonable price

Garmin Vivofit Jr 2 at JB HiFi as a gift. Like the name customisation and display (if you have multiple watches). Quick and easy to setup too... just download their app, create an account and sync the watch. Can set chores for kids, goals and let them earn rewards. When the watch re-syncs, app on phone grants kids some game time, like Star wars (depends on what version you bought)

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Burnt daughters arm.

Bought in June, also burnt daughters wrist. So she stopped wearing it for a month to heal and know watch wont sync with tablet to do update. Have been trying for the last 3 hours. It is a minnie jr2 bought for her 9th birthday present. ... .... ... ....

Irene V

Irene VSydney

Great little watch for the younger kids

I got this for my daughter. I would recommend this watch to kids between 5-8 be careful of the wrist band it might not fit some kids that are Abit older. Besides this kids love it and love collecting reward coins from doing chores. Love how you don’t need to charge the watch like the Fitbit and it can get wet.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

⚠️SAFETY ⚠️ Burnt my sons wrist!

I purchased this for his bday in June. He has autism so we use it to monitor his sleep & day activity. He won’t wear it in the water & removes it for showers & swimming lessons.
He now has a burn on his wrist from the module where there is no hair & the skin is melted!
It’s 1st September 2018 & he’s only has it 3 months!
Item refunded but Garmin said it’s an isolated incident & keep saying it’s skin irritation which it clearly isn’t now he has a scar!

Date PurchasedJune 2018

The band is falling apart

I bought Garmin Vívofit Jnr 2 for both my kids for Christmas and I was really happy with them initially yet 6 months down the track both bands are badly damaged (both are the Star Wars BB-8 design), my daughters is very faded and my sons is literally falling apart with little tears in the plastic.
I was going to replace the bands yet Garmin don’t seem to supply replacement bands in Australia (not that I can see). My advice would to buy the actual watch type of Garmin not the stretchy band type, many of the kids at my kids’ school have these and they don’t look at all worn like my kids’ Garmins. There’s my two cents :)

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Betty

BettySydney

Great Product

I bought the Vivofit Jnr 2 (avengers) for my 7 year old son (the stretchy band). It's great. My son loves it. My son is now much more active and motivated to be active. He challenges his friends who have the same watch. The stretchy band is great. I think the description says its for up to 7, but I was able to get it on my adult wrist. The stretchy band means that it can't come undone and fall off. I love the chores feature and morning alarm.
It has helped make my son more responsible. I highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Jenstarr

JenstarrSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great, teaching kids responsibility, numbers & healthy lifestyle

I purchased two of these for my kids the Marvel and Minnie mouse, happy that I don't need to constantly charge these babies, happy that the kids are aware not doing their chores will not let them get their awards, it has also made them be aware of how many steps they have done X 2/3/4 etc and has improved there counting abilities. Well done Garmin for that reason! Only downside for me is the limit to 8 chores per day.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Arex

ArexCheltenham

My 7 year old daughter loves it

We bought this for our 7 year old daughter, she loves wearing it and actually does more running / walking to get new goals and achievements.
The great thing is pairing it with a smartphone through Bluetooth all the stats can be viewed. How much she walked, ran and most important sleep patterns.
So when she is sleeping over at grandparents house next day upon resyncing data we can see what time she went to bed and what time she woke up, so no more pretending she went to sleep at 7 but stayed up watching movies!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Great kids device if only we didn't have to return it a lot