Garmin Vivofit Jr 2

Garmin Vivofit Jr 2

MPNs: 010-01909-33, 010-01909-34 and 010-01909-37

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Battery Life

Ljg

LjgGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible do not waste your money - not worthy of any stars for review

Words cannot describe how disappointed I am with this kids what I thought was supposed to be a tracker/ watch. The app is useless if you ever try to resync the tracker be warned you won't be able to. Spend your money on a better kids tracker/watch. It has put me off Garmin products for life.

Purchased for $120.00.

Jessica Canino

Jessica CaninoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don’t buy kids garmin products the bands break

My daughters garmin band broke. You can’t buy replacement bands in store you have to buy them online. I bought one for my daughters birthday online and it has been a month and I still have not received accurate tracking or the product I paid for. I have emailed and messaged garmin through various avenues with no response. $60 down the drain. Very disappointed

Purchased in December 2019 for $100.00.

Burnt Daughters Wrist

Purchased the Garmin Vivofit Jr 2 - Minnie Mouse two weeks ago. Daughter came home yesterday afternoon and had burns around her wrist!!! Do your research before purchasing this product, very disappointed in this product

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $89.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivofit Jr 2 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Great idea, poor product

Great concept. Both my kids’ Garmins worked well for a couple of months, then needed their batteries replaced. We were replacing batteries every month or so. In the last month, both Garmins stopped working after a swimming lesson and now won’t come back on, even with a brand new battery. Very expensive product for a kids watch that needs constant battery replacement and now after less than a year doesn’t work!

Purchased in November 2018 at Target Australia for $120.00.

Waste of money...

I don’t normally bother writing reviews but this watch has really bothered me. First there was a battery recall so Garmin sent out a new battery - awesome. However the new battery didn’t last either. Over 12 months we had to change the battery 4 times!! The band broke within the first couple months so bought a cheap band on eBay which actually lasted longer the the Garmin band. Then the button would often get stuck, after 14 months the watch has completely broken , not turning on at all. There are a few good reviews and maybe we were unlucky and bought a dodgy one. I will not be buying another Garmin ever again.

Purchased in April 2018 at Rebel Sport for $120.00.

Jackie_Bell

Jackie_BellHunter Region, NSW

Don't waste your money

Bought 2 for my kids birthday. 1 lasted 9 months then the button stopped working after a day at the beach. The other one barely lasted 3 months before it stopped working. They just aren't rugged enough for kids to use on a day-to-day basis, which is a shame because the concept is good.

Purchased in December 2018 at Big W for $125.00.

Absolute rubbish & Garmin don't recognise the faults

Purchased in December 2018.

Disappointing go say the least.

My son bought one with his pocket money. Worked well for a few days, then noticed it keeps bad time, loses a few minutes everyday. Syncing fixes that. Then it decided to stop counting steps. Got it replaced and now the new one keeps worse time and no longer wants to sync to his tablet.

Purchased in March 2019 for $119.00.

Christie

ChristieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Faulty - Safety issue!!! Burnt daughter's wrist...

Bought a Garmin vivofit jnr.2 princess watch for my daughter's birthday last month. Today we discovered that the watch has burnt her wrist. I have submitted email to Garmin today. Awaiting respinse. Do not buy!!! Item should be recalled. Other reviews indicate the same.

Purchased in March 2019 for $119.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

pinkdawn

pinkdawnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don’t bother

We have had the older generation of vívofit for both our kids, no issues what so ever and both still looks new.
Decided to upgrade them with cute Minnie Mouse and Star Wars version but in less than a month after ownership the ‘paint’ is chipped and peeling off
We don’t even wear our watches in the pool, shower etc
Have contacted Garmin and waiting on a resolution

Our band is clearly faulty

Purchased in January 2019 at Amazon for $120.00.

Burnt daughters arm.

Bought in June, also burnt daughters wrist. So she stopped wearing it for a month to heal and know watch wont sync with tablet to do update. Have been trying for the last 3 hours. It is a minnie jr2 bought for her 9th birthday present. ... .... ... ....

Date PurchasedJune 2018

⚠️SAFETY ⚠️ Burnt my sons wrist!

I purchased this for his bday in June. He has autism so we use it to monitor his sleep & day activity. He won’t wear it in the water & removes it for showers & swimming lessons.
He now has a burn on his wrist from the module where there is no hair & the skin is melted!
It’s 1st September 2018 & he’s only has it 3 months!
Item refunded but Garmin said it’s an isolated incident & keep saying it’s skin irritation which it clearly isn’t now he has a scar!

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Great kids device if only we didn't have to return it a lot