Garmin Vivosmart 3

Garmin Vivosmart 3 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: 010-01755-10

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Battery Life
Jenstarr

JenstarrSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great smartwatch, comfy wristband

Not many colours to choose from I purchased the blue other choices were black or plum, though unable to swap wristbands for abit of a change.
Though screen is easy to read even in sunlight, does notifications, steps, stairs, heart rate, sleep, music great little bundle.
Downside for me is the battery life I get approx 4 days

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Jac

JacHunter Region, NSW

Love checking my progress....difficult to pair and sync

Frustrating trying to do a challenge wirh friends and family. Lovely to wear love the buckle instead of the plastic clips. But its a marathon trying to connect, sync or pair. Have had it back to domayne twice in two months...they have trouble doing it also. Apart from this difficulty when it works im a fan

Date PurchasedApr 2018
MKennedy

MKennedySouth East Queensland, QLD

Not as good as Vivosmart 2

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivosmart 3 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

DDP

DDPGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect smart wrist band

Got this last year and to replace my vivosmart 2. As the 2 has broken a few times. Did a bit research and compared it to Fitbit, still personally like Garmin as it’s waterproof(Fitbit is probabaly waterproof as well)
I wear it day and night. It can detect the movement if I’m walking/running/cycling. Didn’t seem to be able to detect swimming. I found it useful as mobile notification as I like to keep my mobile silent all the time.
Great value however hope the battery last longer than the 2

Date PurchasedJune 2017
sarahf

sarahfSydney, NSW

Great smart watch

The vivosmart 3 was one of my best purchases of 2017. I switched to this from the fitbit charge 2 solely because it is waterproof and am mostly happy. It info pretty well however it constantly records flights of stairs climbed inaccurately compared to the charge 2. My other complaint would be that the screen is poorly lit and sometimes hard to read compared to the charge 2 but i live the extra features such as reps counted and v02 max. The app is a little hard to use sometimes as had major issues with pairing it with my old phone but it works seamlessly with my new phone. the pros mostly outweigh the cons with this smart watch, it they can fix the problems with flights climbed and change the screen i'd be much happier

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Changed my life

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Bors

BorsGold Coast

Best option for walking-running-sleep tracking

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Char

CharMelbourne

It's OK

Battery life isn't impressive, the surface gets rather dusty by sitting on my wrist. Have a few new features compared to the previous gen. The star feature to me is still that it's waterproof, as with the previous gen. Nothing too fancy but does what I need. Looking forward to the next gen :)

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Vanessa Nguyen

Vanessa NguyenMelbourne, Victoria

Just-what-you-need functions

This device isn’t fancy, but it has everything you need to track your fitness. Pair it up with the Garmin Connect app for really cool data visualizations of your tracker info. Design is a bit bulky, the band is a little worn out over the last 8 months (to be expected with rubber wrist bands), I have some light scratches on the screen and the battery doesn’t seem to last as long as when I first wore it. Still, it’s a nifty device and works well as an entry-level fitness tracker.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Juan

Juan

Okay, mediocre Garmin Device

Vivosmart 3 feels very nice when you put it on your wrist due to its rubbery feeling and I dont even feel like wearing anything on my wrist. However, the screen is very small and sometimes it is very hard to navigate around the device as the screen is quite small and has no colour. Another drawback is that you have to use the garmin app which is not very good and very hard to interpret the data

Date PurchasedJune 2017
headwerkn

headwerknLaunceston, TAS

Good, nicely-featured Activity Tracker that seems to be holding up well

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Colin

ColinSydney

Heart rate monitor doesn't work

There's lots to like about the activity tracker. Lots of data and interactive with phone. HOWEVER, I really wanted to use v the heart rate monitor when exercising. It's pretty much useless unless it is so tight it is about to cut off my circulation which is clearly not ideal. Otherwise it cash be v50/60 beats per minute of what the gym equipment is telling me. So pretty much useless in that instance. Wouldn't recommend.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Peter

PeterSydney

Awesome Fitness Tracking

This is a great activity tracker. I got it a couple of months ago and it has met all expectations. Garmin has updated their App and it is easy to navigate and easy to connect to the tracker. A great feature is that the tracker is waterproof, so no need to take it off when you take a shower or go swimming. It is easy to use and blend in when you wear. timeless design.

John

JohnMelbourne

Poor customer service from Garmin

I’m a prospective buyer of the vivosmart 3 and my wife already owns one. Before I spend more money on another one I emailed customer support asking them if the band can be purchased separately if it gets broken as I had read the vivosmart 3 is a throwaway item once this happens. My reply from Garmin..... nothing.... zip.... nada.... I’ve tried contacting them multiple times and got ABSOLUTELY no reply whatsoever. If this is how they treat prospective buyers it worries me how they will treat my wife when she has issues with her one. Very poor customer servive Garmin!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

hevan25

hevan25

Best purchase ever. Can't live without it.