Garmin Vivosmart 3

Garmin Vivosmart 3

MPN: 010-01755-10

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Battery Life

strap is irreplaceble, expensive and slow service

Other brands are cheaper just as precise and comfortable and have replaceable straps. The servicedesk took three weeks to tell me that the strap is not replaceable and it wil send a new one.
This not what i paid for. Just go for a brand with replaceable straps. Bluetooth connection is iffy, and setting it up can be a headscratcher, once connected it's pretty simpel and kinda accurate.

Purchased in April 2018 at bol.com for $112.00.

Mick O

Mick OSydney, NSW

Awful! Unit is faulty, Garmin know it, yet are relying on proof of purchase as a defence!

The unit is faulty, need I say more. I am not the only one to experience the band breaking, which cannot be replaced. Once I made contact I was told I needed provide proof of purchase. After 2 years I dont have it. After several backwards and forwards emails I was told, and I quote “As per ACCC guidelines as a manufacturer we are within our rights to request a proof of purchase”. They definitely did not quote my rights as a consumer to purchase an item which is fit for purchase. I have owned over 10 garmin items and bought several for family members, but based on this god awful experience, I wont be purchasing again. I hope you enjoy your day in the sun, BlackBerry of GPS!

Purchased in May 2017 for $239.00.

MaxG

MaxGMount Hallen

Buyer beware; non-replaceable wrist band prone to breaking -- basically: do not buy

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivosmart 3 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Jess

JessMelbourne

Do not buy- band broken poor quality.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Vivosmart3 - 4 months old and band broken

Date PurchasedAug 2018

WORST watch ever

I bought this watch in August 2017, in less than 6 months the band snapped off and I had to send it in to get replaced. A 2nd one arrived and again, SAME thing happened. I wasn't even doing anything physical at the time, the quality of make is beyond poor. Never buying Garmin again.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

I thought Garmin would have better quality

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Garmin Vivosmart 3 is rubbish

Garmin Vivosmart 3 is rubbish. Band broke and cannot get another one. This is the third and last garmin that I will get. Also they do not have spare parts at shops. Never get another one.
Garmin Vivosmart 3 is rubbish. Band broke and cannot set another one. This is the trade and last Garmin that I will get. Also they donut b=have spare parts in shops. Never get another one.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Colin

ColinSydney

Heart rate monitor doesn't work

There's lots to like about the activity tracker. Lots of data and interactive with phone. HOWEVER, I really wanted to use v the heart rate monitor when exercising. It's pretty much useless unless it is so tight it is about to cut off my circulation which is clearly not ideal. Otherwise it cash be v50/60 beats per minute of what the gym equipment is telling me. So pretty much useless in that instance. Wouldn't recommend.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

John

JohnMelbourne

Poor customer service from Garmin

I’m a prospective buyer of the vivosmart 3 and my wife already owns one. Before I spend more money on another one I emailed customer support asking them if the band can be purchased separately if it gets broken as I had read the vivosmart 3 is a throwaway item once this happens. My reply from Garmin..... nothing.... zip.... nada.... I’ve tried contacting them multiple times and got ABSOLUTELY no reply whatsoever. If this is how they treat prospective buyers it worries me how they will treat my wife when she has issues with her one. Very poor customer servive Garmin!

Date PurchasedOct 2017