Garmin Vivosmart 3

Garmin Vivosmart 3

MPN: 010-01755-10

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Battery Life

Band broke - owned <3 weeks

Really disappointed. We have owned this for < 3 weeks and the strap is already broken, right where the buckle joins the strap. The other thing we've noticed is how difficult the display is to read. Anyway, the response from Garmin is that they'll replace the whole device ... for $114. This has made me realise that my own Garmin Vivosport is also in the same situation - when the band breaks, I may not be able to replace.

Purchased in June 2020.

Great features but can't replace band that keeps breaking

Bought this for my son. He loves the watch and the features but the band keeps breaking. We are on our third one now - only because I am too stubborn to concede that I have made the wrong purchase. The service procedure by Garmin is cumbersome at best. If you find another fitness watch with similar features (and a replaceable band) then your money is best spent there. Very disappointed.

Rubbish silicone band on vivosmart3

I purchased the garmin vivosmart3 November 2017. The band broke after 6 weeks and as i live a long way from the retailer I used super glue to fix it. Success until now March 2019 the band has now worn out around the recording device. There doesn't appear to be a replacement band. Seems that Garmin has used rubbish material on a great device. I'm disappointed and will now get a fitbit. Rose

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivosmart 3 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Hammer11

Hammer11Bendigo

Great for a short term

Great little device for a short period. Sync is clunky, and can't read the face in the light. However it works. BUT you cannot replace the band and when you contact them for warranty you need to send it to them first. Surely there is a customer centric solution where you can go in and replace? No. My experience is these bands break, it's not replaceable so don't buy one

My wife has a Fitbit- in comparison it is more functional and easier to read but not waterproof

If they where waterproof I wouldn't bother with the Garmin

Date PurchasedDec 2017
becstar

becstarBrunkerville, NSW

Disappointed...

My sister bought me the vivosmart 3 for Christmas & after a couple of months the band broke... when I looked up getting it fixed as it’s under warranty, I discovered I have to pay for the postage to send it for repair! I cannot believe the band only lasted a couple of months! Also I noticed the steps tally didn’t always seem accurate, I even managed to accumulate steps while sitting watching a movie... I’ve previously had a Fitbit & found it to have a longer lasting band & more accurate with the steps tally.

Date PurchasedDec 2017