3Garmin Vivosmart HR

MPNs:36506590, 36506591 and 36506592
3Garmin Vivosmart HR
3.6

61%23%16%
Brand Manager for Garmin? Claim your listing.

Jenny C
Jenny CSydney6 posts

Love this Smart Watch!

This is a really good value decent Smart Watch / fitness tracker. It has pretty much everything that I need to motivate myself to do more exercise to keep fit. It tracks HR, steps, calories, floor climbs and it reminds you to move if you are inactive for a while. The displays is really clear under the sun which is great if you do outdoor exercise! It is also waterproof so you can even wear it to shower. The only thing it doesn't have that I want is GPS tracking.

Michelle
MichelleMelbourne2 posts

Good service

Bought from Company promotion, Garmin Vivosmart HR - it is a good watch and activity tracker, more accurate than other watches I had before.

Recently the band was broken, it is easy to get the service with a new one replacement and it is already on the way back. It's a good service.

Hey
Hey5 posts

Decent for the price

Been using this for almost a year and can't fault it. Tracking was accurate and battery life has been consistently good for 5 days of usage. The only disadvantage with this device is its physical looks, it doesnt compete with the competitors which offer easily switchable bands of different styles.

Darren
Darren5 posts

Decent Smart Watch

This is the smart watch that does everything as required . Does not look as cool as fitbit / samsung / apple ones , but still work wonders . Priced at a very affordable point and have been using it in shower all the time . Works well when someone rings you when you are taking shower :P

truth
truthBrisbane7 posts

It's Okay

Got this for Christmas and was pretty happy with it.

Battery lasts about a week and it picks up calls from my Android phone which is great.

The fitness and sleep measurements were not very accurate

The price was $200 which is far too much. I believe there would be better fitness bands out there for the money.

Meaghan
Meaghan4 posts

Love love love!!

My boyfriend bought the Garmin for me as a Christmas present. It's comfortable and does everything I need it to do. I upgraded from a Fitbit and will never go back. It's a nice colour and is subtle to wear. I'm planning on wearing it while I travel the USA to see how many steps I do in the country

Kim
Kim6 posts

Wouldn't buy again

Went for a walk, watch wasn't knocked or damaged but, glass seemed like it peeled away, making it hard to read. Also that I manged thousands of steps by just sitting in a car, has really put me off. In my opinion not fit for purpose, I was lead to belive this tracked your steps not how far you were in a car for.

Tile
TileCentral West133 posts

Heather
HeatherPerth3 posts

Jacqui
JacquiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC36 posts

Bren
Bren2 posts

Missed when the battery needs charging

I have the Vivosmart HR+. I have never been a watch wearer but I miss this one when I leave it off. It's a great motivator in my 10,000 steps a day challenge and I feel the cost of it is off set by how well I feel when I reach my step goal.

janeo
janeomelbourne7 posts

Bulkier than some but lots of great features

I have owned the Vivosmart HR for the last year or so and love it. Whilst it is a little chunkier than some others on the market the host of features makes up for this. The ability to answer your mobile, read texts and control the music playing from your phone is great. The syncing process is easy and the results easy to interpret at a glance. The only downside is depending on how much you use it for the above things it does need charging every 5-6 days but on the upside it charges pretty quickly

Bonnie
Bonnie2 posts

Great watch

I purchased my watch just over a year ago now, I chose it because of the HR feature.

I like the HR monitoring feature (my main reason for purchase) but I don't think it is always as accurate as it could be.

I like how it has the specific goals for steps for you on a personal level as well as the 10000 as the generic goal. It is good how it increases or decreases depending on your current activities.

I also like how is has goals for incline and active minutes per week.

Overall a good watch for someone wanting to measure their steps, exercise goals, etc but doesn't have GPS function so no good for runners!!

Janet
JanetPerth9 posts

Excellent love my Garmin wear it 23/7

I recently bought the Garmin vivosmart. I love all the software on it, and the way it tells me to move when l sit to long. Love acheiving my goals I love having a secure band so it cant fall off when walking as my other one did thanks for a great watch/fitbit

Ify
IfyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

I like it!

It's a first wearable device for me but I like it. Initially, it seemed hard to set up, especially to change the language to English, but after I got it, its been great with steps counting and heart rate monitoring. The steps challenge is also great for motivating me. I don't wear it to sleep bit it's the first thing I put on when I wake up. The battery lasts for about 3 days and a plus factor is that it syncs with myfitnesspal to help with calorie counting.

Dena
DenaRock Springs

Can't trust the tracking

The sleep tracking changes constantly! It will say I went to bed an hour earlier or got up an hour later than I did. It might be accurate when I first sync it then it changes the next time I sync it. Customer support is of no help at all. I can't seem to find a number to talk to a real person. If Fitbit had the actual watch that is waterproof I would go back to them. Very disappointed in Garmin.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivosmart HR compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Junes
JunesMelbourne4 posts

Does the job, could be better

I chose this model because it is the cheapest model with heart rate monitor from a big brand. I am happy with its accuracy when tracking steps, calories, and active minutes, as well as the "move" reminder. The annoying thing is the number of rubbish info it gives from the main menu. I stopped connecting it from my phone because it will accidentally play music from my itunes while I am sleeping. Also, so VIRB which means nothing to me and smart notifications. I hope these can be switched off, because I need to swipe like a dozen times just to see the time.

Jacquelina James
Jacquelina JamesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

great tracker, waterproof and functional

I love the waterproof aspect of the watch/tracker which is why I upgraded from the Fitbit. It looks ok, nothing special but functional. I have had a few quirks like not being able to get the weather to change to Adelaide weather etc but overall waterproof and functional. I will say however my partner has the Samsung gear fit 2 which I will probably get next due to all the things like displays etc you can change while also being waterproof. But for now my Garmin does the job!

John
Johnsydney3 posts

Pretty good first fitness tracker

The watch is an easy wear and has nice functionality. The heart rate monitor is good enough for me and really like the waterproof side of it so I don't have to take it off apart from charging. A few annoying things are: it does not warn adequately (if at all) about low battery, some displays are in landscape even though it's set to portrait, I'm on my second one as the first one the strap literally just fell off from the watch and after a few months of use the display seemed to get a rough edge to it.

Maza
MazaSydney, NSW6 posts

Excellent tracker!

Upgraded from vivofit to this and it's fantastic. I can accept or reject calls, read messages, get notifications as well as keep track of my steps, heart rate and link to app that is then linked to my fitness pal. They all share info so it's nice and easy to use. My only negative is that I loved being able to change the band on my vivofit which I can't do with vivosmart. This means I can't wear it on weekends when I dress up a little.

Phil
PhilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Not bad but not great

The watch is a great idea in theory however it often loses sync with the Samsung phone. It needs to be rebooted nearly every day. It's a little bit too thick too. Other Garmin products I have owned have been fantastic. I still have faith in the company and will still buy their products.

Alipate
AlipateSydney, NSW12 posts

Good piece of tech

Like to keep stats of how much Activity I'm doing a day ,as I got a easy job and don't like being lazy ,10,000 steps is my minimum a day and I enjoy trying to achieve it with this device ,with the inbuilt heart rate sensor it's good to see how intense your work out is in the gym

Grumpy old man.
Grumpy old man.Augustine Heights54 posts

Nann
NannGrovedale East4 posts

Marina B
Marina BMerewether2 posts

Love my waterproof Garmin Vivofit

Have been using my Garmin Vivofit for one week now and loving it. Had previously been estimating calories burnt through apps and finding it much better now with the watch.

A bonus feature is checking out exactly how much deep sleep I'm getting ( or not) each night.

The app is really good and particularly like the active and resting calorie calculator.

I bought this to track my activity in aqua aerobics classes and in the pool. Works great!

jusrob
jusrobSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

OK, but a few limitations of features

Handy size and works well, but it's a pity it doesn't link to my treadmill or spin bike. I would like more options other than run, walk cardio or other.

Sometimes thinks I have been cycling for 20 seconds or so every few minutes - but when synced this disappears!

Quite comfortable to wear and the battery lasts about 4 days - but then I do play with it a bit.

Overall quite good but then it should be as it's not exactly cheap!

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

CBLee
CBLee11 posts

sumeer
sumeer19 posts

Great tracker with good disay

Been using for month now. Going great bluetooth and other options straight on wrist.No need for smartphone most of the time. Only issue would be scratch prone display screen.auto light on when turning wrist.goal reached and to move notifications are plus.highly recommended for everyday use. Battery last full 7 days.

Anne
AnneMelbourne3 posts

Great asset to the healthy wellbeing encouraging more activity

Easy to read and operate. Lots of functions including golf course GPS. Alerts beneficial, encouraging greater activity. Good battery life, good fit even for small wrists. Goals able to be set with the activity tracker, and notifications and alerts appear on the screen when achieved. Various activities able to be set. Waterproof is a great advantage.

Tim O
Tim OQLD, 43433 posts

Great product!

I like the features of this product. The features i really like is that it is waterproof and records heart rate and the screen can be locked. If it is not locked i have found it broadcasting mode which has been simply by accident. I only have one problem which i have got used to now is the HR monitor digs into your arm a little when you ware it. If I put it on too close to my wrist I find it hurts my wrist bones, but I fix it by simply sliding it down my arm slightly.

The other thing I am not so happy about is I find that not many of my friends use the social aspect of the Garmin connect system. It is unfortunate that the fitbit has a more popular name even though I don't think it is a better device.

Simon
Simon2 posts

Good...but...one problem i have had

I have had three of these amd had to return all of them in exchange for a new one. Which i then upgraded to the garmin forerunner. I liked everything about the vivosmart hr but there was one problem. The band kept falling apart. The glue which hold the band to the watch seemed to ware out after a while and would fall off in under 3 months. I exchanged twice and on the 3rd time decided to go for another garmin product which has been working great. Garmin us a great brand and i think most of there wearables are waterproof which is why i chose them over the fitbit. Anyone else i have seen witg a fitbit it seems to do the same or less and the fitbit is only water resistant.

Stevenbossert
Stevenbossert7 posts

It's ok

The vivosmart hr is ok the band needs to be slightly bigger tho and the steps are not accurate as I push trolleys at work or when I wear it to golf and pull the golf trolly with my clubs on it it stops counting the sleep and heart rate features are cool tho

karateangel
karateangelWEST HARTFORD2 posts

I won't buy it again

I have had problems since 1 month after I bought it. It continuously has to be synced to the phone. After many calls, the company would offer a refurbished one instead of new one. I Don't recommends this product especially I have to turn it off in order for it to resync with phone.

seanudal
seanudalWide Bay-Burnett, QLD60 posts

Craig H
Craig HSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Only the screen and heart rate monitor are improvements over the Vivosmart

Had a Vivosmart for 6 months last years. As per the Vivosmart reviews the screen wore out. The new Vivosmart HR with a different type of screen I expect will last longer. The good is that it is waterproof. The bad, like the Vivosmart the Bluetooth connection drops out a lot. Also it seems to only sync when the app is opened and synced manually. And 5 day battery I think not, 2.5 days tops.