Garmin Vivosmart HR

Garmin Vivosmart HR (page 3 of 4)

MPNs: 36506590, 36506591 and 36506592

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of smart watch / fitness tracker would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.6

• Battery Life
Hey

Hey

Decent for the price

Been using this for almost a year and can't fault it. Tracking was accurate and battery life has been consistently good for 5 days of usage. The only disadvantage with this device is its physical looks, it doesnt compete with the competitors which offer easily switchable bands of different styles.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Darren

Darren

Decent Smart Watch

This is the smart watch that does everything as required . Does not look as cool as fitbit / samsung / apple ones , but still work wonders . Priced at a very affordable point and have been using it in shower all the time . Works well when someone rings you when you are taking shower :P

Date PurchasedOct 2016
truth

truthBrisbane

It's Okay

Got this for Christmas and was pretty happy with it.
Battery lasts about a week and it picks up calls from my Android phone which is great.
The fitness and sleep measurements were not very accurate

The price was $200 which is far too much. I believe there would be better fitness bands out there for the money.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivosmart HR compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Meaghan

Meaghan

Love love love!!

My boyfriend bought the Garmin for me as a Christmas present. It's comfortable and does everything I need it to do. I upgraded from a Fitbit and will never go back. It's a nice colour and is subtle to wear. I'm planning on wearing it while I travel the USA to see how many steps I do in the country

Kim

Kim

Wouldn't buy again

Went for a walk, watch wasn't knocked or damaged but, glass seemed like it peeled away, making it hard to read. Also that I manged thousands of steps by just sitting in a car, has really put me off. In my opinion not fit for purpose, I was lead to belive this tracked your steps not how far you were in a car for.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

HeatherPerth

Good for its purpose

Jacqui

JacquiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ok but the band the weakest link

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Bren

Bren

Missed when the battery needs charging

I have the Vivosmart HR+. I have never been a watch wearer but I miss this one when I leave it off. It's a great motivator in my 10,000 steps a day challenge and I feel the cost of it is off set by how well I feel when I reach my step goal.

janeo

janeomelbourne

Bulkier than some but lots of great features

I have owned the Vivosmart HR for the last year or so and love it. Whilst it is a little chunkier than some others on the market the host of features makes up for this. The ability to answer your mobile, read texts and control the music playing from your phone is great. The syncing process is easy and the results easy to interpret at a glance. The only downside is depending on how much you use it for the above things it does need charging every 5-6 days but on the upside it charges pretty quickly

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Bonnie

Bonnie

Great watch

I purchased my watch just over a year ago now, I chose it because of the HR feature.
I like the HR monitoring feature (my main reason for purchase) but I don't think it is always as accurate as it could be.
I like how it has the specific goals for steps for you on a personal level as well as the 10000 as the generic goal. It is good how it increases or decreases depending on your current activities.
I also like how is has goals for incline and active minutes per week.
Overall a good watch for someone wanting to measure their steps, exercise goals, etc but doesn't have GPS function so no good for runners!!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Janet

JanetPerth

Excellent love my Garmin wear it 23/7

I recently bought the Garmin vivosmart. I love all the software on it, and the way it tells me to move when l sit to long. Love acheiving my goals I love having a secure band so it cant fall off when walking as my other one did thanks for a great watch/fitbit

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Ify

IfyMelbourne

I like it!

It's a first wearable device for me but I like it. Initially, it seemed hard to set up, especially to change the language to English, but after I got it, its been great with steps counting and heart rate monitoring. The steps challenge is also great for motivating me. I don't wear it to sleep bit it's the first thing I put on when I wake up. The battery lasts for about 3 days and a plus factor is that it syncs with myfitnesspal to help with calorie counting.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Dena

DenaRock Springs

Can't trust the tracking

The sleep tracking changes constantly! It will say I went to bed an hour earlier or got up an hour later than I did. It might be accurate when I first sync it then it changes the next time I sync it. Customer support is of no help at all. I can't seem to find a number to talk to a real person. If Fitbit had the actual watch that is waterproof I would go back to them. Very disappointed in Garmin.

Junes

JunesMelbourne

Does the job, could be better

I chose this model because it is the cheapest model with heart rate monitor from a big brand. I am happy with its accuracy when tracking steps, calories, and active minutes, as well as the "move" reminder. The annoying thing is the number of rubbish info it gives from the main menu. I stopped connecting it from my phone because it will accidentally play music from my itunes while I am sleeping. Also, so VIRB which means nothing to me and smart notifications. I hope these can be switched off, because I need to swipe like a dozen times just to see the time.

Jacquelina James

Jacquelina JamesAdelaide

great tracker, waterproof and functional

I love the waterproof aspect of the watch/tracker which is why I upgraded from the Fitbit. It looks ok, nothing special but functional. I have had a few quirks like not being able to get the weather to change to Adelaide weather etc but overall waterproof and functional. I will say however my partner has the Samsung gear fit 2 which I will probably get next due to all the things like displays etc you can change while also being waterproof. But for now my Garmin does the job!

Johnsydney

Pretty good first fitness tracker

The watch is an easy wear and has nice functionality. The heart rate monitor is good enough for me and really like the waterproof side of it so I don't have to take it off apart from charging. A few annoying things are: it does not warn adequately (if at all) about low battery, some displays are in landscape even though it's set to portrait, I'm on my second one as the first one the strap literally just fell off from the watch and after a few months of use the display seemed to get a rough edge to it.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Maza

MazaAU

Excellent tracker!

Upgraded from vivofit to this and it's fantastic. I can accept or reject calls, read messages, get notifications as well as keep track of my steps, heart rate and link to app that is then linked to my fitness pal. They all share info so it's nice and easy to use. My only negative is that I loved being able to change the band on my vivofit which I can't do with vivosmart. This means I can't wear it on weekends when I dress up a little.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Phil

Phil

Not bad but not great

The watch is a great idea in theory however it often loses sync with the Samsung phone. It needs to be rebooted nearly every day. It's a little bit too thick too. Other Garmin products I have owned have been fantastic. I still have faith in the company and will still buy their products.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Alipate

AlipateSydney, NSW

Good piece of tech

Like to keep stats of how much Activity I'm doing a day ,as I got a easy job and don't like being lazy ,10,000 steps is my minimum a day and I enjoy trying to achieve it with this device ,with the inbuilt heart rate sensor it's good to see how intense your work out is in the gym

Date PurchasedMar 2016