Garuda Indonesia

Garuda Indonesia Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Garuda Indonesia? Claim your listing.
Claire

Havent read a lot of good reviews about Garuda flying Perth to Denpasar recently one even stating a prop jets are sometimes used has anyone actually flown on one of these between Perth and Bali

Winnie
Winnie

I haven’t yet struck the prop-jet but am booked again for early March (booking was made last October before they started flying them) but half expect it could happen this time. If it does, it will most certainly make me decide to not fly Garuda again. Even the 737 is very cramped and not up to the standard of the A330 which they used to fly. I don’t know why they don’t cut down the flights per week and then use the larger, more comfortable plane.

Claire

I did email Garuda and they advised me it is only used for domestic flights when I look at flight radar there was one used on the 31st of jan I think it said but maybe it’s flight radar that’s wrong and it doesn’t actually happen

felicity behrens

Is it true that Garuda is no longer serving alcohol? I wont be be booking my flight for next year if this is true

Tony w
Tony w

Hi Felicity Garuda now only serve wine and beer(warm) and no spirits ar all.
Tony

felicity behrens

Ok then, will be changing my carrier for flights next year.

Felanny
Felanny

They don’t serve alcohol anymore, i was in a flight from singapore to indonesia, they used to serve alcohol, now they don’t , not sure what happened tho

Gladys L.
Gladys L.

Can knitting needles be brought on to the Garuda Aircraft? My daughter is a knitter. Gladys Lyons [details removed]

Nicky R.
Nicky R.

Flying Syd/DPS on Friday. Have been told you no longer serve spirits. Can you please clarify as I was told everything was included that why I’ve paid a higher fare to fly with you??

dhi2224
dhi2224

I was told the same flying garuda sydney to denpasar. No spirits, only wine and beer. 2 weeks later i went denpasar to bangkok and was told no spirits or wine. Only beer. I think my days of useing garuda are over.

jojo
jojo

what type of airplanes does Garuda operate with from Bali to Lombok?

MSMS
MSMS

Daily 15:50 Denpasar-Bali (DPS) D 16:40 Praya (LOP)

Garuda Indonesia GA 436 Non-stop Boeing 737-800 (738) 0:50

Daily 11:25 Denpasar-Bali (DPS) D 12:20 Praya (LOP)

Garuda Indonesia GA 450 Non-stop Boeing 737-800 (738) 0:55

Ali M
Ali M

I have been trying to contact Garuda ALL day regarding my cancelled flight today, the Perth office number just rings out - tried about 50 times, Brisbane, Adelaide, Darwin contact numbers are not in service, Melb & Sydney were the only offices who actually answered and now they are closed for the day. The 1300 number also is not in service! Is anyone else having the same trouble and is there another number to try? So frustrated...

Anna
Anna

Hai Ali. Yeah I rang melbourne office. I think They are open monday-friday.

Kevin & Gail Brennan
Kevin & Gail Brennan

Would like to know why Garuda are still flying from Perth to Denpasar in light of the ash cloud and other airlines cancel flights.?

Sanchotua
Sanchotua

Hi Kevin & Gail,

I only use Garuda for internal flights in Indonesia. I did however fly home to Perth last Saturday (8th Aug) with Air Asia at around 1330 hrs after a 7 hour delay. Same scenario - Why did Air Asia fly out at lunch time on Saturday when Jetstar and Virgin cancelled all flights on Saturday and I believe some on Sunday? I have a couple of theories extended from my Indonesian friends but nothing I could personally back... I believe Jetstar required two consecutive good reports from the Volcanic Ash Advisory Centre before resuming flights. Virgin required "visual confirmation" of suitable conditions and despite acknowledging the conditions appeared OK, spent an observation flight for their own confirmation. Without getting too undiplomatic about it I would suggest Australian airlines do not 100% trust the Indonesian Advisory Service..

paasei

Does Garuda serve alcoholic beverages during the flight to Java Indonesia? Last time I travelled from Holland to Bali Indonesia with a stop in Singapore. But this time I am flying directly to Java Indonesia, and I have read somewhere that there's no alcohol served when the flight is ( from/to) an islamic country. But I am not sure if that was only for domestic flights...

Joshua Howton
Joshua Howton

Yes Garuda does serve alcohol on all International flights. There are beers like Bintang and Heineken, red and white wines and a selection of spirits available.

Plus, for info, Indonesia is not an Islamic country, it is a secular country which respects all religions. The majority religion is Islam which is where I think you are getting confused. However there is a small province in Indonesia, called Aceh, which follows strict Islamic law which includes no alcohol - that is only one tiny part though and you have to go out of your way to get there.

Sue Pennington
Sue Pennington

Hello I booked a flight with garunda today too Bali does anyone know if arrival and departure taxes are included?

paasei

I went to Bali in February ...there was an anouncement at that time about the taxes that would be canceld ( in think it was may or june). BUT.... reading some more about this...it just would be included in your ticket,... therefore...You still pay.. but you dont have to stand in line at the airport. But now I am confused, because the media in Holland now says it would be tax free from June 10th. But I am doubt it... I learned from an Balinese that the taxes are just to jget some extra money and not even to benifit the Balinese... but all the tax income go to Java.. And the taxes are just a rip-off anyway ( wich we are happy to pay , because we all love to go to Bali) So I don;t think Indonesia would cancel the taxes,,, its just extra income... But here's maybe some info about this from australia..jan2015

The government of Indonesia has updated its plans from November 2014 to waive the Visa on Arrival Fee for Australia, China, South Korea, Japan and Russia.

Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister Indroyono Soesilo announced that Indonesia will only proceed with the visa free policy for Japan, South Korea, China, and Russia. And not for Australian citizens. He said: "It's simply because Australia does not implement a similar policy to almost all countries."

The first visa exemption to be implemented: Japan, with Russia, South Korea, and China to follow within a few months (April to May 2015). Indonesian immigration officials were in talks with the other 5 countries during the last months to finalize matching Visa policies for Indonesian Citizens traveling abroad.

Visitors from these five countries can visit Indonesia with a visa on arrival (VoA) without having to apply for a visa first in their home country. But tourist particularly from Australia were hoping that the current costs of 35US$ for a 30days VoA would be a memory of the past

Miranda Marron
Miranda Marron

How do we check in for our flight to Bali from Melbourne. The phone numbers I have found are disconnected?

SANDRA3032
SANDRA3032

Go onto the website and use web check it is really easy.

Les Bush
Les Bush

Nearly January 2022.
Straight answer please Garuda.

Does Garuda International sell or supply beer, white and red wine and all types of spirits.

Easy answer..... yes or no.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Garuda Indonesia? Claim your listing.