Garuda Indonesia

Garuda Indonesia Questions & Answers

7 questions from our users

Flying Syd/DPS on Friday. Have been told you no longer serve spirits. Can you please clarify as I was told everything was included that why I’ve paid a higher fare to fly with you??

what type of airplanes does Garuda operate with from Bali to Lombok?
Daily 15:50 Denpasar-Bali (DPS) D 16:40 Praya (LOP) Garuda Indonesia GA 436 Non-stop Boeing 737-800 (738) 0:50 Daily 11:25 Denpasar-Bali (DPS) D 12:20 Praya (LOP) Garuda Indonesia GA 450 Non-stop Boeing 737-800 (738) 0:55

I have been trying to contact Garuda ALL day regarding my cancelled flight today, the Perth office number just rings out - tried about 50 times, Brisbane, Adelaide, Darwin contact numbers are not in service, Melb & Sydney were the only offices who actually answered and now they are closed for the day. The 1300 number also is not in service! Is anyone else having the same trouble and is there another number to try? So frustrated...
Hai Ali. Yeah I rang melbourne office. I think They are open monday-friday.

Would like to know why Garuda are still flying from Perth to Denpasar in light of the ash cloud and other airlines cancel flights.?
Hi Kevin & Gail, I only use Garuda for internal flights in Indonesia. I did however fly home to Perth last Saturday (8th Aug) with Air Asia at around 1330 hrs after a 7 hour delay. Same scenario - Why did Air Asia fly out at lunch time on Saturday when Jetstar and Virgin cancelled all flights on Saturday and I believe some on Sunday? I have a couple of theories extended from my Indonesian friends but nothing I could personally back... I believe Jetstar required two consecutive good reports from the Volcanic Ash Advisory Centre before resuming flights. Virgin required "visual confirmation" of suitable conditions and despite acknowledging the conditions appeared OK, spent an observation flight for their own confirmation. Without getting too undiplomatic about it I would suggest Australian airlines do not 100% trust the Indonesian Advisory Service..

Does Garuda serve alcoholic beverages during the flight to Java Indonesia? Last time I travelled from Holland to Bali Indonesia with a stop in Singapore. But this time I am flying directly to Java Indonesia, and I have read somewhere that there's no alcohol served when the flight is ( from/to) an islamic country. But I am not sure if that was only for domestic flights...
Yes Garuda does serve alcohol on all International flights. There are beers like Bintang and Heineken, red and white wines and a selection of spirits available. Plus, for info, Indonesia is not an Islamic country, it is a secular country which respects all religions. The majority religion is Islam which is where I think you are getting confused. However there is a small province in Indonesia, called Aceh, which follows strict Islamic law which includes no alcohol - that is only one tiny part though and you have to go out of your way to get there.

Hello I booked a flight with garunda today too Bali does anyone know if arrival and departure taxes are included?
I went to Bali in February ...there was an anouncement at that time about the taxes that would be canceld ( in think it was may or june). BUT.... reading some more about this...it just would be included in your ticket,... therefore...You still pay.. but you dont have to stand in line at the airport. But now I am confused, because the media in Holland now says it would be tax free from June 10th. But I am doubt it... I learned from an Balinese that the taxes are just to jget some extra money and not even to benifit the Balinese... but all the tax income go to Java.. And the taxes are just a rip-off anyway ( wich we are happy to pay , because we all love to go to Bali) So I don;t think Indonesia would cancel the taxes,,, its just extra income... But here's maybe some info about this from australia..jan2015 The government of Indonesia has updated its plans from November 2014 to waive the Visa on Arrival Fee for Australia, China, South Korea, Japan and Russia. Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister Indroyono Soesilo announced that Indonesia will only proceed with the visa free policy for Japan, South Korea, China, and Russia. And not for Australian citizens. He said: "It's simply because Australia does not implement a similar policy to almost all countries." The first visa exemption to be implemented: Japan, with Russia, South Korea, and China to follow within a few months (April to May 2015). Indonesian immigration officials were in talks with the other 5 countries during the last months to finalize matching Visa policies for Indonesian Citizens traveling abroad. Visitors from these five countries can visit Indonesia with a visa on arrival (VoA) without having to apply for a visa first in their home country. But tourist particularly from Australia were hoping that the current costs of 35US$ for a 30days VoA would be a memory of the past

How do we check in for our flight to Bali from Melbourne. The phone numbers I have found are disconnected?
Go onto the website and use web check it is really easy.