Garuda Indonesia

Garuda Indonesia (page 2 of 5)

2.0

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Unorganised, Unprofessional and Poorly trained staff

I've used this airline twice, first time I experienced rude staff, uncomfortable seating, a dirty plane with an odour and poor service. I decided to give the airline a second opportunity due to their competitive pricing, this was an even worse experience. I had an incident where the flight schedule had been changed and when I attempted to make alternative arrangements, the expenses were exorbitant, I was confronted once again with apathetic and rude staff who also were unfamiliar with their own policies which resulted in me being overcharged. A headache I could have done without, never again.

DestinationBali, Indonesia

ClassBusiness Class
Booking Through Airline
Paul N.

Paul N.Sydney, NSW

Similar problem to others - Impossible to make a change in booking!

Philip Hanna

Philip HannaPerth, WA

What a Shocker!!!

Our recent flight from Denpasar to Perth was a shocker... perhaps the worst flight we have ever been on. Flight GA728 was the very old 737 series...crammed in like sardines. The food was disgusting and inedible. Two small toilets at the rear to service a full flight is just not good enough. We travel to Bali regularly and will not use Garuda again if we are forced to fly in such confined spaces as experienced last Tuesday. Garuda needs to lift its game and provide to Bali/Perth route with decent aircraft

DestinationPerth WA, Australia
My review

My reviewMelbourne

Absolute rubbish!!!

‪I think Garuda has simply gone mad. I was on a flight back to Melbourne a few days ago but then had to be admitted to a hospital because of its hideous breakfast. I was shocked by how low the food standard is now as I had no issue previously. Surely though, it was going to be my last time flying with this airline!‬

A.nnoyed

A.nnoyed

Why cant I rate less than 1 star.

Our Family is absolutely disappointed with this airline, Garuda Indonesia.

We will never, ever fly with you again. 50% the cost of our tickets to change the dates? No refund? Truly a heartless company. I will be truly happy to see your company wiped off this earth forever.

Michelle from Perth

We always fly with Garuda,
For many years have seen them change for the better,
I really love what you are now cabin crew are so friendly
Food and everything I really could not complain not really not even when
We had problems with the plane in Bali because you looked after us very well,
At the airport. Thank you so much you have a regular customer with me I will be flying again soon

Terrible Service Avoid this company!

I booked a flight in May from Melbourne to London, they then cancelled flights to London, I asked for a refund which took them weeks to respond and agree but they've never refunded me and will no longer reply to emails or answer phone calls it's now been 2 months

Cancelled 3 months ago, still no refund!

I had to cancel my London flight after the airline cancelled this route. After numerous calls and emails I still don't have a refund. This is definitely an example of when booking direct with the airline is not the best option!

Find out how Garuda Indonesia compares to other International Airlines

Refund money way too long in process

Because of the web site error, the unsuccess booking was get charge. So we had double booking. I did call to call center and cancel 1 of the booking and it done. The travel assistant said they will refund our money. First call they mention 14 days but after a months not get any refund and no email, I call them again and the answer is the refund is on process will take 14 days until 3 months!! Why they not explain it at the first call, so disappointed and I just hoping they will refund our money ASAP. Cause it was a big money for 5 tickets.

Mary

MaryMelbourne

First and last

Booked flights to Incheon via Jakarta, but got changed a week before fly to via bali then Jakarta. I was planning to stop over 12 hours in Jakarta, left me only 4 hours in Jakarta so had to cancel everything planned in Jakarta.
Wasn’t happy when transit in Bali as I have to colllect all lugage clear customs walked to domestic. Realised one of my luggage got damaged when arrived in hotel, Incheon.
The in-flight wasn’t that bad. Entertainment from bali to Jakarta was an issue. The screen didn’t work.
This my first flight with Garuda but would be the last too.

Vivi

ViviSydney

BAD experience - no refund processed

This airline is pathetic. We've been advised that the refund will be processed within 14 days - however when we called to follow up about the refund, we've been knocked back that the process will be 14-30 days. Fine, we wait for another days....After 30 days, we called again for a follow up and we've been informed that it's still AGAIN IN PROCESS, and the process can take to 2 months!!!....what an unbelievable experience...We feel that they keep try to prolong the refund as there is nothing we can do from here apart than calling to their call centre - and everytime we called to their call centre, their answer is just the same "In progress" ; "we don't know when, but it's in progress"

Service and food

Bad service, food lacks taste and beef tough,asked 3 times for Scotch and Coke, did never get. Didn't collect dinner trays,people were taking them back themselves,some very unhappy passengers on Garuda 728bali Perth,sat 4/8/18.

Ana

AnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely poor with some things, good with others

Reggie

ReggieSarasota

Terrible customer dispute service is nonexistent

willo0

willo0Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent Service

Flew Sydney to Bali, return in November 2017. They exceeded our expectations and the whole experience was excellent. The check in staff at both ends were helpful and the flight crew were pleasant and seemed genuinely happy to be there.
It is definitely worth the small amount extra it costs to fly to Bali with Garuda, compared to Jetstar and Virgin as the service and extra room between rows in economy (the person in front of me insisted on fully reclining their seat for the whole journey, even during meals!, and I still had enough space) is more than worth it.

MauraKwik

MauraKwikJakarta

Very bad airline on practically everything!

Awful airline

They broke my luggage when I flew from Perth to Lombok transiting in Bali. They promised to contact me but I didn't receive any word. I tried to contact them via email, phone, twitter and got no resolution. Their call center is always busy and very difficult to contact.
Also their in-flight entertainment is horrible. They got too many advertisements. I don't recommend this horrible airline.

Melissa

MelissaSydney

Impressive customer service A+

damodoode

damodoodePerth, WA

Exceeded my expectations

Claireasked

Havent read a lot of good reviews about Garuda flying Perth to Denpasar recently one even stating a prop jets are sometimes used has anyone actually flown on one of these between Perth and Bali

Winnie
Winnie

I haven’t yet struck the prop-jet but am booked again for early March (booking was made last October before they started flying them) but half expect it could happen this time. If it does, it will most certainly make me decide to not fly Garuda again. Even the 737 is very cramped and not up to the standard of the A330 which they used to fly. I don’t know why they don’t cut down the flights per week and then use the larger, more comfortable plane.

Claire

I did email Garuda and they advised me it is only used for domestic flights when I look at flight radar there was one used on the 31st of jan I think it said but maybe it’s flight radar that’s wrong and it doesn’t actually happen

felicity behrensasked

Is it true that Garuda is no longer serving alcohol? I wont be be booking my flight for next year if this is true

Tony w
Tony w

Hi Felicity Garuda now only serve wine and beer(warm) and no spirits ar all.
Tony

felicity behrens

Ok then, will be changing my carrier for flights next year.

Felanny
Felanny

They don’t serve alcohol anymore, i was in a flight from singapore to indonesia, they used to serve alcohol, now they don’t , not sure what happened tho

Gladys L.

Gladys L.asked

Can knitting needles be brought on to the Garuda Aircraft? My daughter is a knitter. Gladys Lyons [details removed]