1.9

19% · 2391 · 76%
Brand Manager for Garuda Indonesia? Claim your listing.

nolas
nolasAU12 posts

Was surprised by how good they were after all the negative reviews

Flew Melbourne to Bali on GA718 business class. Wanted to fly direct so had to fly Garuda, which concerned me after all the negative reviews. Great service, reasonable flat beds, no issue with food or drinks during flight. Show details
Donny
DonnyPerth, WA12 posts

Dont trust them. They completely change entire flight paths

We had booked business Perth to Amsterdam return via Jakarta for our entire family. We had everything booked for a 3 week holiday. Then they completely cancelled the entire route and wanted us to go via Samatra and have 8hrs in both Jakarta and Samatra so a 44hr trip. Theyve obviously failed at launching a new Aus to Europe offering. Never trust them. Weve had to book another airline 8 weeks out and obviously very hard to get 4 seats. I am very tall so need the leg room and all we can get is economy at 75% of what we could have booked business with another airline originally. Not happy Show details
Kim Hopkins
Kim HopkinsPerth, WA50 posts

Peter
PeterMelbourne2 posts

Disappointing for a full service airline

Flight GA718 from Bali to Melbourne.

The polite flight attendant cane round to ask if I would like a drink.

Whiskey and Dry Ginger pleases I replied.

Sorry we don’t have Dry Ginger was the reply. Apparently they do have whiskey - Chivas and Gin but not the mixers. No tonic for the GnT!

Not good enough. Show details

Sean
Sean

Unorganised, Unprofessional and Poorly trained staff

I've used this airline twice, first time I experienced rude staff, uncomfortable seating, a dirty plane with an odour and poor service. I decided to give the airline a second opportunity due to their competitive pricing, this was an even worse experience. I had an incident where the flight schedule had been changed and when I attempted to make alternative arrangements, the expenses were exorbitant, I was confronted once again with apathetic and rude staff who also were unfamiliar with their own policies which resulted in me being overcharged. A headache I could have done without, never again. Show details
In-Flight Entertainment

Paul N.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Philip Hanna
Philip HannaPerth, WA2 posts

What a Shocker!!!

Our recent flight from Denpasar to Perth was a shocker... perhaps the worst flight we have ever been on. Flight GA728 was the very old 737 series...crammed in like sardines. The food was disgusting and inedible. Two small toilets at the rear to service a full flight is just not good enough. We travel to Bali regularly and will not use Garuda again if we are forced to fly in such confined spaces as experienced last Tuesday. Garuda needs to lift its game and provide to Bali/Perth route with decent aircraft Show details
In-Flight Service
My review
My reviewMelbourne

Absolute rubbish!!!

‪I think Garuda has simply gone mad. I was on a flight back to Melbourne a few days ago but then had to be admitted to a hospital because of its hideous breakfast. I was shocked by how low the food standard is now as I had no issue previously. Surely though, it was going to be my last time flying with this airline!‬ Show details
A.nnoyed
A.nnoyed2 posts

Why cant I rate less than 1 star

Our Family is absolutely disappointed with this airline, Garuda Indonesia.

We will never, ever fly with you again. 50% the cost of our tickets to change the dates? No refund? Truly a heartless company. I will be truly happy to see your company wiped off this earth forever. Show details

Shell
Shell

Michelle from Perth

We always fly with Garuda,

For many years have seen them change for the better,

I really love what you are now cabin crew are so friendly

Food and everything I really could not complain not really not even when

We had problems with the plane in Bali because you looked after us very well,

At the airport. Thank you so much you have a regular customer with me I will be flying again soon

Gemma
Gemma

Terrible Service Avoid this company!

I booked a flight in May from Melbourne to London, they then cancelled flights to London, I asked for a refund which took them weeks to respond and agree but they've never refunded me and will no longer reply to emails or answer phone calls it's now been 2 months

Darren
Darren

Cancelled 3 months ago, still no refund!

I had to cancel my London flight after the airline cancelled this route. After numerous calls and emails I still don't have a refund. This is definitely an example of when booking direct with the airline is not the best option!

Weny A
Weny AAU

Refund money way too long in process

Because of the web site error, the unsuccess booking was get charge. So we had double booking. I did call to call center and cancel 1 of the booking and it done. The travel assistant said they will refund our money. First call they mention 14 days but after a months not get any refund and no email, I call them again and the answer is the refund is on process will take 14 days until 3 months!! Why they not explain it at the first call, so disappointed and I just hoping they will refund our money ASAP. Cause it was a big money for 5 tickets.

Mary
MaryMelbourne6 posts

First and last

Booked flights to Incheon via Jakarta, but got changed a week before fly to via bali then Jakarta. I was planning to stop over 12 hours in Jakarta, left me only 4 hours in Jakarta so had to cancel everything planned in Jakarta.

Wasn’t happy when transit in Bali as I have to colllect all lugage clear customs walked to domestic. Realised one of my luggage got damaged when arrived in hotel, Incheon.

The in-flight wasn’t that bad. Entertainment from bali to Jakarta was an issue. The screen didn’t work.

This my first flight with Garuda but would be the last too.

Vivi
ViviSydney

BAD experience - no refund processed

This airline is pathetic. We've been advised that the refund will be processed within 14 days - however when we called to follow up about the refund, we've been knocked back that the process will be 14-30 days. Fine, we wait for another days....After 30 days, we called again for a follow up and we've been informed that it's still AGAIN IN PROCESS, and the process can take to 2 months!!!....what an unbelievable experience...We feel that they keep try to prolong the refund as there is nothing we can do from here apart than calling to their call centre - and everytime we called to their call centre, their answer is just the same "In progress" ; "we don't know when, but it's in progress"

Kaz
Kaz

Service and food

Bad service, food lacks taste and beef tough,asked 3 times for Scotch and Coke, did never get. Didn't collect dinner trays,people were taking them back themselves,some very unhappy passengers on Garuda 728bali Perth,sat 4/8/18.

Ana
AnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC14 posts

Reggie
ReggieSarasota
willo0
willo0Sydney Surrounds, NSW3 posts

Excellent Service

Flew Sydney to Bali, return in November 2017. They exceeded our expectations and the whole experience was excellent. The check in staff at both ends were helpful and the flight crew were pleasant and seemed genuinely happy to be there.

It is definitely worth the small amount extra it costs to fly to Bali with Garuda, compared to Jetstar and Virgin as the service and extra room between rows in economy (the person in front of me insisted on fully reclining their seat for the whole journey, even during meals!, and I still had enough space) is more than worth it.

MauraKwik
MauraKwikJakarta
Tim Kleen
Tim KleenPerth, WA2 posts

Awful airline

They broke my luggage when I flew from Perth to Lombok transiting in Bali. They promised to contact me but I didn't receive any word. I tried to contact them via email, phone, twitter and got no resolution. Their call center is always busy and very difficult to contact.

Also their in-flight entertainment is horrible. They got too many advertisements. I don't recommend this horrible airline.

Melissa
Wouter LachatSchelle
BJS
BJSHunter Region, NSW47 posts

Fantastic Flight!!!!

We flew Garuda from Sydney to Bali in August after being sick of poor service and constant delays from Jetstar. We flew Garuda in 2007 but forgot how much better it was!!!! The crew, the food, the service!!! We could not complain. The bit of extra seat room was great. The inflight entertainment was awesome. The food and drinks didn't stop and the crew were so lovely!!!! We had a tiny delay on way home but nothing to whinge about.

Will definitely be using Garuda again.

Daniel Nicholas
Daniel NicholasAuckland

Buddy
BuddyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC9 posts

Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC24 posts

Good Service Call Center Response

Last month our son needed to return from Indonesia urgently. Contacted Garuda through its website which promptly advised us to call its service center in Jakarta. Call center operator was very efficient and thorough in arranging a flight change, taking the time to explain all aspects of the new booking.

Thomas
ThomasTaipei
Joshua
JoshuaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC21 posts

Terrible airline

Garuda changed my connecting flight without confirming and made me waiting for almost a day only for an hour domestic connecting flight, choosing seat even now have to pay, we are paying premium but getting budget airline treatment. Will never fly with Garuda again.

ian
ianGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Jen
Jen

Flight scheduled changing

Flew twice with garuda to Bali and both times garuda changed my return schedule and departure scheduled time not just the time but changed the date. That's very bad. And I've booked all my accommodations already too and I have to lose my hotel fees.

meipal
meipalNortheast, VIC2 posts

Victim of credit card scam

So out of nowhere my mother's credit card was swiped of $200 by Garuda Indonesia and we have never organised anything with this airline.

Doug
Doug

Great Service at a great price

I used Garuda Indonesia to book flights from Sydney to Seoul. I found that the service was completely equivalent to any full service airline with good meals and generous baggage included. Got free lounge entry for my long stop over on the way home as well!

Superpupz
SuperpupzPerth30 posts

davistev
davistevAU8 posts

Shocked by great service and spotless plane

We flew from Bali to Tokyo in economy and loved the bright clean cabin, spacious seat economy seats (32") and the entertainment system kept us tuned for most of the flight. The flight attendants were excellent and full of enthusiasm.

A HUGE change from the old Garuda we used to fly in the 90's.

Tahlia
Tahlia2 posts

Elli
ElliSydney2 posts

Terrible services!

Terrible day with garuda, flight been delayed 12hours and arrived in bali midnight, walked to the counter and asked for a compensation as i was transitting only in bali..my flight supposed to be fly to jakarta after 2 hours in bali and i got a connection flight to pontianak from jakarta with other airlines which can't be delayed or changed.

Never been to bali, arrived midnight and they don't give any compensation, accommodation nothing! So GROSS flying with garuda, called to the customer service and they can't do anything only sorry!that doesn't help!

Anna
Anna2 posts

Rude customer service in melbourne office

I called regarding cancelled flight to bali from melb. The customer service named Linda was so rude i asking nicely about flight she sound mad n angry. Come on thats ur job. What a crazy woman.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Garuda Indonesia? Claim your listing.