Garuda Indonesia

Garuda Indonesia (page 3 of 5)

2.0

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Awful airline

They broke my luggage when I flew from Perth to Lombok transiting in Bali. They promised to contact me but I didn't receive any word. I tried to contact them via email, phone, twitter and got no resolution. Their call center is always busy and very difficult to contact.
Also their in-flight entertainment is horrible. They got too many advertisements. I don't recommend this horrible airline.

Melissa

Really bad customer service

SEM

SEMHunter Region, NSW

Fantastic Flight!!!!

We flew Garuda from Sydney to Bali in August after being sick of poor service and constant delays from Jetstar. We flew Garuda in 2007 but forgot how much better it was!!!! The crew, the food, the service!!! We could not complain. The bit of extra seat room was great. The inflight entertainment was awesome. The food and drinks didn't stop and the crew were so lovely!!!! We had a tiny delay on way home but nothing to whinge about.
Will definitely be using Garuda again.

Rude and definitely not customer focused

Buddy

BuddyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Flight of my Life

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Service Call Center Response

Last month our son needed to return from Indonesia urgently. Contacted Garuda through its website which promptly advised us to call its service center in Jakarta. Call center operator was very efficient and thorough in arranging a flight change, taking the time to explain all aspects of the new booking.

Thomas

ThomasTaipei

They do steal your money

Joshua

JoshuaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible airline

Garuda changed my connecting flight without confirming and made me waiting for almost a day only for an hour domestic connecting flight, choosing seat even now have to pay, we are paying premium but getting budget airline treatment. Will never fly with Garuda again.

ian

ianGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scams! Inconsistent w prices!

Flight scheduled changing

Flew twice with garuda to Bali and both times garuda changed my return schedule and departure scheduled time not just the time but changed the date. That's very bad. And I've booked all my accommodations already too and I have to lose my hotel fees.

Victim of credit card scam

So out of nowhere my mother's credit card was swiped of $200 by Garuda Indonesia and we have never organised anything with this airline.

Great Service at a great price

I used Garuda Indonesia to book flights from Sydney to Seoul. I found that the service was completely equivalent to any full service airline with good meals and generous baggage included. Got free lounge entry for my long stop over on the way home as well!

Superpupz

SuperpupzPerth

Wow! Perth's check in staff really really bad!

davistev

davistevAU

Shocked by great service and spotless plane

We flew from Bali to Tokyo in economy and loved the bright clean cabin, spacious seat economy seats (32") and the entertainment system kept us tuned for most of the flight. The flight attendants were excellent and full of enthusiasm.

A HUGE change from the old Garuda we used to fly in the 90's.

Tahlia

Tahlia

Good experience ruined by food poisoning and poor organisation.

Elli

ElliSydney

Terrible services!

Terrible day with garuda, flight been delayed 12hours and arrived in bali midnight, walked to the counter and asked for a compensation as i was transitting only in bali..my flight supposed to be fly to jakarta after 2 hours in bali and i got a connection flight to pontianak from jakarta with other airlines which can't be delayed or changed.
Never been to bali, arrived midnight and they don't give any compensation, accommodation nothing! So GROSS flying with garuda, called to the customer service and they can't do anything only sorry!that doesn't help!

Rude customer service in melbourne office

I called regarding cancelled flight to bali from melb. The customer service named Linda was so rude i asking nicely about flight she sound mad n angry. Come on thats ur job. What a crazy woman.

The Best Cabin Service I've Received

I have done my fair share of air travel in economy and can easily say that the cabin staff were the best I've ever experienced. They are charming and do that little bit extra to make your journey bearable.

On my way back from Bali however, I had asked for an emergency seat as I am 6ft 6 and the check in staff member smiled and nodded. But when I got on the plane I had a regular seat. Either he pretended to understand me or just flat out lied.

Claireasked

Havent read a lot of good reviews about Garuda flying Perth to Denpasar recently one even stating a prop jets are sometimes used has anyone actually flown on one of these between Perth and Bali

Winnie
Winnie

I haven’t yet struck the prop-jet but am booked again for early March (booking was made last October before they started flying them) but half expect it could happen this time. If it does, it will most certainly make me decide to not fly Garuda again. Even the 737 is very cramped and not up to the standard of the A330 which they used to fly. I don’t know why they don’t cut down the flights per week and then use the larger, more comfortable plane.

Claire

I did email Garuda and they advised me it is only used for domestic flights when I look at flight radar there was one used on the 31st of jan I think it said but maybe it’s flight radar that’s wrong and it doesn’t actually happen

felicity behrensasked

Is it true that Garuda is no longer serving alcohol? I wont be be booking my flight for next year if this is true

Tony w
Tony w

Hi Felicity Garuda now only serve wine and beer(warm) and no spirits ar all.
Tony

felicity behrens

Ok then, will be changing my carrier for flights next year.

Felanny
Felanny

They don’t serve alcohol anymore, i was in a flight from singapore to indonesia, they used to serve alcohol, now they don’t , not sure what happened tho

Gladys L.

Gladys L.asked

Can knitting needles be brought on to the Garuda Aircraft? My daughter is a knitter. Gladys Lyons [details removed]