1.9

19% · 2391 · 76%
Brand Manager for Garuda Indonesia? Claim your listing.

Arthur Frazer
Arthur FrazerAU

The Best Cabin Service I've Received

I have done my fair share of air travel in economy and can easily say that the cabin staff were the best I've ever experienced. They are charming and do that little bit extra to make your journey bearable.

On my way back from Bali however, I had asked for an emergency seat as I am 6ft 6 and the check in staff member smiled and nodded. But when I got on the plane I had a regular seat. Either he pretended to understand me or just flat out lied.

Lia Austra
Lia Austra6 posts

2 flights cancelled, connecting leg delayed

I made the mistake of using Garuda.

They moved the flight time 3 days before. Then they cancelled the flight 1 day before and told us we have to take another flight with a connecting leg in Bali.

The flight to Bali was OK but I couldn't watch any movies because their entertainment system wasn't working. It was a very loooong trip.

Now I'm in Bali waiting for three connecting flight which was delayed by 3 hours.

It seems they are better at cancelling and delaying flights than actually operating them.

Margo
MargoSouth West, WA6 posts

Food and lack of information

Travelled recently with Garuda, food terrible and ran out of choice. Delayed flight but no communication to let people know what was happening. Very, very poor all around. Disappointing.

Sanchotua
SanchotuaPerth, WA5 posts
PRASANTH KUMAR2 posts

E.A.S.T
E.A.S.Tperth4 posts

Julie
JulieMandurah2 posts

KimVictoriaAustralia13 posts

Terrible customer service, rude staff - do not waste your money!!!!

This airline is terrible, even worse than budget airlines.

We travelled with Garuda airline from Korea to Melbourne (return trip with them). To be honest, this airline does not offer service, and complaint procesure sucks. They left one of our bags in Melbourne, and we have not heard any updates about it. Furthermore, Garuda staff at the airport were extremely unhelpful, and I felt that my money was ripped off.

Now, I am trying to make a complaint in both Australia and Korea - guess what, their customer service is shocking. This is the WROST airline I ever used in my life. I seriously warn you all, do not waste your money to purchase flight tixs.

Kim

*I am seriously warning you all,...

Samuel
SamuelMelbourne

Phil
PhilPerth, WA20 posts

Moi
MoiSydney, NSW3 posts

Review of the reviews

I find it interesting that the less positive reviews really refer to glitches in the system and fixing problems or schedule changes, passport info etc. Had these folks booked via a licenced travel agency, they may have paid a small service fee - but this provides them with the assistance and expertise required to deal with unforseen circumstances. They would not have had the hassle and uncertainty of trying to fix things themselves. Peace of mind surely is worth the cost.

It seems that Garuda itself offers a good travel experience. Why not make the booking experience a good one too.

Shorthorn Jim
Shorthorn JimMelbourne3 posts

Impressive - cycling tourist friendly

I needed a flight from Melbourne to Makassar Indonesia return- Garuda had the most straight forward route through Denpasar and offered a 30KG baggage allowance. I was traveling with a bicycle so their luggage policy was a plus with a policy for transporting travelers with sporting goods. The four flights I traveled on were all on time, the customer service from staff on ground and in flight were consistently friendly, personal, and attentive. Leg room was good and the aircraft were comfortable and well appointed. I will use them again I was very impressed.

Jade007
Jade007Sydney15 posts

slick_pete
slick_pete

Dartshopper
DartshopperGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

Appalling Customer Service

As per Tara's review below we booked a trip Melbourne -Gatwick with Garuda. Turns out they never had permission to even land at Gatwick and our perfect connections became a nightmare Jakarta-Amsterdam-Heathrow (oh and if the new planes don't arrive on time you can throw Abu Dhabi in there as well). They do not respond at all to emails, letters or calls. We have rebooked on abother airline but missed all the earlybird specials so had to pay more and lose some accomodation deposits. We got a refund through but they have the nerve of not refunding $1000 of taxes! How can that even be legal!!! Appalling airline - buyer beware.

Appalling Customer Service; inadequate refund process

Tara
TaraMelbourne

Chrissy204051
Chrissy204051Brisbane2 posts

Surprise Surpise

We had not heard good things about Garuda in the past, however we wanted to trial the airline for future trips. We flew from Brisbane to Bali in March and I have to say we were pleasantly surprised and delighted with the attentive service and the attitude of the staff, old school excellent service. Plane was clean, entertainment was included, menu was interesting and food and drinks plentiful. Toilets were kept clean throughout the 6 hour flight. Guess what...left on time ... arrived on time. Well done! Would choose Garuda again.
Service, food and entertainment, kept to schedule.
Andi
Andi

Terrible booking experience!!!

Do not book your tickets online with garuda indonesia!!! Me partner and i booked flights over a week ago and the website crashed which meantwe were unable to finish our booking. When we checked the bank account the money had been taken out! Have called customer service multiple times trying to get our tickets and after the 4th time calling im still waiting to recieve them. So frustrating and we havnt even flown with them yet.. What else is in store for us >:(
Customer service representitives helpful and kind, price of flights
Long time taken to receive my tickets and still waiting
Kaye
Kaye

Terrible flight Bali to Perth

Flight GA 726 3rd January flight - A lot of sick people on this flight - air hostesses ignoring bells, too busy serving drinks. I had one very sick lady next to me, I had to get the hostess to answer her request for service bell, my husband was also sick. My meal was "we have run out of chicken, you will have to have fish" - I will never travel on this airline again, would not recommend it to anyone either (Travel Agent recommended Garuda).

Pauline
PaulineSydney, NSW9 posts

Bali

I have travelled with Garuda on several occasions and each time have found them superb! Service was excellent food was great also! The next time I go to Bali (this year) I will be booking with Garuda as the little extra in fare, is well worth it as everything is included, food, drink, even alcoholic drinks (we had several):-) We were all very happy with the movies (free). The last time I flew with Jetstar you had to pay for everything with a credit card which we didn't have and they wouldn't take cash so we spent the whole trip with a glass of water! Go Garuda!!!

Ruaan Deysel
Ruaan Deysel

FHS
FHSSydney

tlcdcncc
tlcdcnccSydney, NSW8 posts

I can't fault Garuda on my flights to Bali. I have flown Economy and Business Class with them. Economy is comfortable, food is good and having your own tv screen is also great. Flying Business with them is wonderful, they cater to you and the food is delicious, the room is amazing and service is brilliant. The toiletry pack you receive is nice also. I go to Bali every year and would only fly Garuda.
Comfortable, service is great
IndoCP
IndoCPJakarta

Hong70
Hong70ponorogo

SANDRA3032
SANDRA3032Sydney Surrounds, NSW8 posts

Great Service would recommend

I have used both Jetstar and Garuda to fly to Bali and would totally recommend flying Garuda. Everything is made simple from the time you arrive at Sydney Airport and you can pay for your visa there, then on the plane your immigration is checked and stamped and all you need to do is get off the plane, collect your bags and get them scanned.
The professional way the trip was handled, blankets, eye masks, food and drinks supplied. Baggage limit was also generous
Cant find anything

j73
j73AU

Judy Ryan
Judy RyanAU

Customer service is more than planes

We booked family holiday with Garuda for Easter. Today they cut us back from 6/4 to 5/4 and now 4/4. I spent 20 minutes on their unhelpful helpline. Technical reasons they said. What rubbish. Tickets are selling for more than ours for the flights on which we are booked. Never again Garuda, we are going back to Jetstar.
Last time the plane was new and food OK.
Lousy customer service. Our short holiday is now 2 days shorter. Not worth it.
JayceeOz
JayceeOzAustralia14 posts

Terrible

They rang to say flight from Perth was delayed, at 2.30am!!! Old plane, lousy aircrew..When we went to fly out of Bali, the flight was delayed ( again) overnight at Bali airport is not a great to finish a holiday....Would never fly Garuda again
Nothing, went to Bali with this mob, late flight - both ways - rude staff - no never again
woody72
woody72

Good

Overall a very good international business class product for a fraction of what SQ, QF and TG charge. The domestic business product is also fine. Note that the new planes out of Melbourne are also used on the direct route and not via Denpasar.
The business class product on the Airbus used between Melbourne and Jakarta is excellent - easily comparable to SQ and TG. Very good in-flight entertainment and the meals were fine. Plenty of drinks and very friendly service. Would certainly use them on this route again. The business lounge at Jakarta is pleasant with a very good food selection.
The bar service in their international lounges needs upgrading.
GLH
GLHAU

Nick_LaSeur
Nick_LaSeurAU2 posts

Fair value, but not quite up to scratch with its competitors

I have made three recent flights with Garuda. One was great (friendly staff, modern clean planes). The other two were slightly less great - not exactly terrible - but lacking the finesse that I have come to expect as standard from other airlines (bad food, bad selection of entertainment, faulty audio, and sightly curt staff). Garuda is OK value for a medium haul trip from Australia to Indonesia - a few minor inconveniences on a 6 hour flight will not ruin your trip. But I would not consider flying a long haul with them from Australia to Europe when other airlines offer better quality for only slightly more cost.
Inexpensive.
Poor food, weak entertainment selection, faulty audio.
FZAG
FZAGBENDIGO

BJ49
BJ49SYDNEY

davalservices
davalservicesAU

Terrible Airline to travel with

We flew to Bali in April of 2011.. 2 adults and 3 kids , I actually said I would rather pay more with garuda than travel with Jetstar ....never again ... the service was bad, meals cold and unedible,on the way back our sons seat was broken , my tv screen did not work , the plane should have been scrapped 10 years ago ...the staff were rude , we complained to the travel agaent and Garuda direct ....now August 2011 and still have not received any reply ... not sure whether they relise that word of mouth can be the best aadvertisement ...and also the worst ....

Rene
ReneAU

Nina11
Nina112 posts

bunburyprodigy
bunburyprodigy6 posts

Good

Took Garuda return to Bali. Flight attendants seemed disinterested on trip there, fantastic on way back despite 2am flight (and did well with an elderly gentleman who had fallen ill). In-flight entertainment was decent, food was good. I was surprised by the lack of English spoken on in-flight safety and in use of Public Address, considering a plane full of Aussies were taking a trip to/from Australia - although I do realise it is an Indonesian airline, obviously. Overall, can't really complain with what Garuda provided me.
Cheap, direct flights to Bali. In-flight entertainment.
Nothing major.
marcel148
marcel148Australia31 posts

Terrible

This flight always known to be on delay. This is troublesome if you have some familly member will pick you up at the airport. My flight was delayed for 5 hours, this is really annoying. During landing, I saw the luggage storages (above the seat) shaked and opened.
Cheap International flight. The food is good, suits for Asian people.
No direct flight to go to Jakarta from Sydney, it always in Bali (this is really wasting time during transfer). In-flight movie entertainment is not good if you are sitting right at the back, you can only watch a part of the TV screen. The staff is not so friendly.