Garuda Indonesia

Garuda Indonesia (page 4 of 5)

2.0

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Fraud - Worst - Cheap Service - Mis Direction - Irresponsive - Thats Garuda Indonesia

PRASANTH KUMAR

Julie

JulieMandurah

Uncaring staff

KimVictoria, Australia

Terrible customer service, rude staff - do not waste your money!!!!

This airline is terrible, even worse than budget airlines.

We travelled with Garuda airline from Korea to Melbourne (return trip with them). To be honest, this airline does not offer service, and complaint procesure sucks. They left one of our bags in Melbourne, and we have not heard any updates about it. Furthermore, Garuda staff at the airport were extremely unhelpful, and I felt that my money was ripped off.

Now, I am trying to make a complaint in both Australia and Korea - guess what, their customer service is shocking. This is the WROST airline I ever used in my life. I seriously warn you all, do not waste your money to purchase flight tixs.

Kim

*I am seriously warning you all,...

Samuel

SamuelMelbourne

Terrible for vegetarians, misinformed about Jakarta airport & complaint procedure a joke.

Phil

PhilPerth, WA

Costomer Service is non existent - never fly with them !

Moi

MoiSydney, NSW

Review of the reviews

I find it interesting that the less positive reviews really refer to glitches in the system and fixing problems or schedule changes, passport info etc. Had these folks booked via a licenced travel agency, they may have paid a small service fee - but this provides them with the assistance and expertise required to deal with unforseen circumstances. They would not have had the hassle and uncertainty of trying to fix things themselves. Peace of mind surely is worth the cost.

It seems that Garuda itself offers a good travel experience. Why not make the booking experience a good one too.

Shorthorn Jim

Shorthorn JimMelbourne

Impressive - cycling tourist friendly

I needed a flight from Melbourne to Makassar Indonesia return- Garuda had the most straight forward route through Denpasar and offered a 30KG baggage allowance. I was traveling with a bicycle so their luggage policy was a plus with a policy for transporting travelers with sporting goods. The four flights I traveled on were all on time, the customer service from staff on ground and in flight were consistently friendly, personal, and attentive. Leg room was good and the aircraft were comfortable and well appointed. I will use them again I was very impressed.

Jade007

Jade007Sydney

Very Good for the price

I thought it was great!

Dartshopper

DartshopperGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Appalling Customer Service

As per Tara's review below we booked a trip Melbourne -Gatwick with Garuda. Turns out they never had permission to even land at Gatwick and our perfect connections became a nightmare Jakarta-Amsterdam-Heathrow (oh and if the new planes don't arrive on time you can throw Abu Dhabi in there as well). They do not respond at all to emails, letters or calls. We have rebooked on abother airline but missed all the earlybird specials so had to pay more and lose some accomodation deposits. We got a refund through but they have the nerve of not refunding $1000 of taxes! How can that even be legal!!! Appalling airline - buyer beware.

Appalling Customer Service; inadequate refund process

Tara

TaraMelbourne

Horrific

Chrissy204051

Chrissy204051Brisbane

Surprise Surpise

We had not heard good things about Garuda in the past, however we wanted to trial the airline for future trips. We flew from Brisbane to Bali in March and I have to say we were pleasantly surprised and delighted with the attentive service and the attitude of the staff, old school excellent service. Plane was clean, entertainment was included, menu was interesting and food and drinks plentiful. Toilets were kept clean throughout the 6 hour flight. Guess what...left on time ... arrived on time. Well done! Would choose Garuda again.
Service, food and entertainment, kept to schedule.

Terrible booking experience!!!

Do not book your tickets online with garuda indonesia!!! Me partner and i booked flights over a week ago and the website crashed which meantwe were unable to finish our booking. When we checked the bank account the money had been taken out! Have called customer service multiple times trying to get our tickets and after the 4th time calling im still waiting to recieve them. So frustrating and we havnt even flown with them yet.. What else is in store for us >:(
Customer service representitives helpful and kind, price of flights
Long time taken to receive my tickets and still waiting

Terrible flight Bali to Perth

Flight GA 726 3rd January flight - A lot of sick people on this flight - air hostesses ignoring bells, too busy serving drinks. I had one very sick lady next to me, I had to get the hostess to answer her request for service bell, my husband was also sick. My meal was "we have run out of chicken, you will have to have fish" - I will never travel on this airline again, would not recommend it to anyone either (Travel Agent recommended Garuda).

Pauline

PaulineSydney, NSW

Bali

I have travelled with Garuda on several occasions and each time have found them superb! Service was excellent food was great also! The next time I go to Bali (this year) I will be booking with Garuda as the little extra in fare, is well worth it as everything is included, food, drink, even alcoholic drinks (we had several):-) We were all very happy with the movies (free). The last time I flew with Jetstar you had to pay for everything with a credit card which we didn't have and they wouldn't take cash so we spent the whole trip with a glass of water! Go Garuda!!!

Garuda Indonesia Ticket Operator Service terrible

FHS

FHSSydney

Flight cancelled, no notice

tlcdcncc

tlcdcnccSydney, NSW

I can't fault Garuda on my flights to Bali. I have flown Economy and Business Class with them. Economy is comfortable, food is good and having your own tv screen is also great. Flying Business with them is wonderful, they cater to you and the food is delicious, the room is amazing and service is brilliant. The toiletry pack you receive is nice also. I go to Bali every year and would only fly Garuda.
Comfortable, service is great

Claireasked

Havent read a lot of good reviews about Garuda flying Perth to Denpasar recently one even stating a prop jets are sometimes used has anyone actually flown on one of these between Perth and Bali

Winnie
Winnie

I haven’t yet struck the prop-jet but am booked again for early March (booking was made last October before they started flying them) but half expect it could happen this time. If it does, it will most certainly make me decide to not fly Garuda again. Even the 737 is very cramped and not up to the standard of the A330 which they used to fly. I don’t know why they don’t cut down the flights per week and then use the larger, more comfortable plane.

Claire

I did email Garuda and they advised me it is only used for domestic flights when I look at flight radar there was one used on the 31st of jan I think it said but maybe it’s flight radar that’s wrong and it doesn’t actually happen

felicity behrensasked

Is it true that Garuda is no longer serving alcohol? I wont be be booking my flight for next year if this is true

Tony w
Tony w

Hi Felicity Garuda now only serve wine and beer(warm) and no spirits ar all.
Tony

felicity behrens

Ok then, will be changing my carrier for flights next year.

Felanny
Felanny

They don’t serve alcohol anymore, i was in a flight from singapore to indonesia, they used to serve alcohol, now they don’t , not sure what happened tho

Gladys L.

Gladys L.asked

Can knitting needles be brought on to the Garuda Aircraft? My daughter is a knitter. Gladys Lyons [details removed]