Garuda Indonesia

Garuda Indonesia (page 5 of 5)

2.0

Worst customer service ever

SANDRA3032

SANDRA3032Central Coast

Great Service would recommend

I have used both Jetstar and Garuda to fly to Bali and would totally recommend flying Garuda. Everything is made simple from the time you arrive at Sydney Airport and you can pay for your visa there, then on the plane your immigration is checked and stamped and all you need to do is get off the plane, collect your bags and get them scanned.
The professional way the trip was handled, blankets, eye masks, food and drinks supplied. Baggage limit was also generous
Cant find anything

j73

j73AU

Terrible customer service and basic questions not answered

Customer service is more than planes

We booked family holiday with Garuda for Easter. Today they cut us back from 6/4 to 5/4 and now 4/4. I spent 20 minutes on their unhelpful helpline. Technical reasons they said. What rubbish. Tickets are selling for more than ours for the flights on which we are booked. Never again Garuda, we are going back to Jetstar.
Last time the plane was new and food OK.
Lousy customer service. Our short holiday is now 2 days shorter. Not worth it.

JayceeOz

JayceeOzAustralia

Terrible

They rang to say flight from Perth was delayed, at 2.30am!!! Old plane, lousy aircrew..When we went to fly out of Bali, the flight was delayed ( again) overnight at Bali airport is not a great to finish a holiday....Would never fly Garuda again
Nothing, went to Bali with this mob, late flight - both ways - rude staff - no never again

Good

Overall a very good international business class product for a fraction of what SQ, QF and TG charge. The domestic business product is also fine. Note that the new planes out of Melbourne are also used on the direct route and not via Denpasar.
The business class product on the Airbus used between Melbourne and Jakarta is excellent - easily comparable to SQ and TG. Very good in-flight entertainment and the meals were fine. Plenty of drinks and very friendly service. Would certainly use them on this route again. The business lounge at Jakarta is pleasant with a very good food selection.
The bar service in their international lounges needs upgrading.

GLH

GLHAU

Nick_LaSeur

Nick_LaSeurAU

Fair value, but not quite up to scratch with its competitors.

I have made three recent flights with Garuda. One was great (friendly staff, modern clean planes). The other two were slightly less great - not exactly terrible - but lacking the finesse that I have come to expect as standard from other airlines (bad food, bad selection of entertainment, faulty audio, and sightly curt staff). Garuda is OK value for a medium haul trip from Australia to Indonesia - a few minor inconveniences on a 6 hour flight will not ruin your trip. But I would not consider flying a long haul with them from Australia to Europe when other airlines offer better quality for only slightly more cost.
Inexpensive.
Poor food, weak entertainment selection, faulty audio.

FZAG

FZAGBENDIGO

Hidden charges!

BJ49

BJ49SYDNEY

Worst airline for Surfers to travel with!

Terrible Airline to travel with

We flew to Bali in April of 2011.. 2 adults and 3 kids , I actually said I would rather pay more with garuda than travel with Jetstar ....never again ... the service was bad, meals cold and unedible,on the way back our sons seat was broken , my tv screen did not work , the plane should have been scrapped 10 years ago ...the staff were rude , we complained to the travel agaent and Garuda direct ....now August 2011 and still have not received any reply ... not sure whether they relise that word of mouth can be the best aadvertisement ...and also the worst ....

Nina11

Nina11

Bad

Good

Took Garuda return to Bali. Flight attendants seemed disinterested on trip there, fantastic on way back despite 2am flight (and did well with an elderly gentleman who had fallen ill). In-flight entertainment was decent, food was good. I was surprised by the lack of English spoken on in-flight safety and in use of Public Address, considering a plane full of Aussies were taking a trip to/from Australia - although I do realise it is an Indonesian airline, obviously. Overall, can't really complain with what Garuda provided me.
Cheap, direct flights to Bali. In-flight entertainment.
Nothing major.

marcel148

marcel148Australia

Terrible

This flight always known to be on delay. This is troublesome if you have some familly member will pick you up at the airport. My flight was delayed for 5 hours, this is really annoying. During landing, I saw the luggage storages (above the seat) shaked and opened.
Cheap International flight. The food is good, suits for Asian people.
No direct flight to go to Jakarta from Sydney, it always in Bali (this is really wasting time during transfer). In-flight movie entertainment is not good if you are sitting right at the back, you can only watch a part of the TV screen. The staff is not so friendly.

Claireasked

Havent read a lot of good reviews about Garuda flying Perth to Denpasar recently one even stating a prop jets are sometimes used has anyone actually flown on one of these between Perth and Bali

Winnie
Winnie

I haven’t yet struck the prop-jet but am booked again for early March (booking was made last October before they started flying them) but half expect it could happen this time. If it does, it will most certainly make me decide to not fly Garuda again. Even the 737 is very cramped and not up to the standard of the A330 which they used to fly. I don’t know why they don’t cut down the flights per week and then use the larger, more comfortable plane.

Claire

I did email Garuda and they advised me it is only used for domestic flights when I look at flight radar there was one used on the 31st of jan I think it said but maybe it’s flight radar that’s wrong and it doesn’t actually happen

felicity behrensasked

Is it true that Garuda is no longer serving alcohol? I wont be be booking my flight for next year if this is true

Tony w
Tony w

Hi Felicity Garuda now only serve wine and beer(warm) and no spirits ar all.
Tony

felicity behrens

Ok then, will be changing my carrier for flights next year.

Felanny
Felanny

They don’t serve alcohol anymore, i was in a flight from singapore to indonesia, they used to serve alcohol, now they don’t , not sure what happened tho

Gladys L.

Gladys L.asked

Can knitting needles be brought on to the Garuda Aircraft? My daughter is a knitter. Gladys Lyons [details removed]