Gascoigne Leather Centre

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (10)
  • Product Appearance As advertised (6) · Not as advertised (2)

Exceptional Service

Just purchased a full modular leather suite from Gascoigne Furniture . From start to finish the process was seamless . Cannot believe how comfortable the suite is . The workmanship and quality is second to none . Highly recommend this WA family owned and operated business .

Fabulous Product and Service from Gascoigne Furniture

My new lounge suite from Gascoigne Furniture looks fabulous in the lounge room of my new home. The cream coloured suite looks perfect in its contemporary surroundings and second only to how comfortable it is. The Sales and service from the Gascoigne Furniture company was first class and delivery of the suite was fast and efficient. I would certainly recommend Gascoigne Furniture company in the future to anyone wanting beautiful new furniture for their home - excellent !

George M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cannot get any customer support from June. It is now August with no response or acknoledgement

Consumer

Consumer

Very Pleased

I had a lounge chair recently restore by Gascoigne Furniture and I was very impressed with the finished product. It look like a new chair. They restore the leather to its original colour. It looked brand new. I had to look at it twice to check it was the chair picked up by them. They came to the house to retrieve the chair and delivered back in good time. Highly recommend this business!!

cldarby

cldarbyPerth, WA

Nice chair but topples over. Lousy customer service.

The best investment I’ve ever made.

Celeste

CelestePerth, WA

Leather has peeled when I was told it’s not painted leather.

On purchasing our lounge for $5000, I made sure I asked the sales rep in Joondalup if this was painted leather or dyed. I was advised not to buy painted leather due to the poor durability concerns.
I was assured that this was dyed and they don’t use painted leather.
5 years on and my couch is peeling, after using appropriate leather care products on it only.
I’m really disappointed to be told one thing and then time shows that it was completely untrue.

Les M.

Les M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome quality and service

Gascoigne furniture is without doubt the best Chesterfield manufacture in Australia I must have looked at over 50 different brands none of the others came near Gascoignes quality or range I have had my Gascoigne furniture over 20 years it still looks new

Betty maclean

Betty macleanPerth, WA

Lounge suits

I have dealt with this company and still will for many years as i have seen the lounges made all the materials no chipboard or mdf all stress rails solid timber all joints glued and screwed foam used is of the best quality all the leather is tested
For for wear strength so if you want to buy quality i would highly recomend there products
Because i dont know of many companies that can meet these
Standards

Garth C.Southwest, VIC

Still brilliant 30 years on!

We purchased two Hampshire chesterfields more than 30 years ago and they have survived remarkably well despite the attentions of two very active sons.
We contacted Gascoigne, hoping that they still operated, to see what they could recommend for two elderly people needing slightly higher chairs. The sales staff were really helpful and took into account our specific needs.
We followed their suggestion and sent a cushion cover from our existing sofas for colour matching.
We are delighted with our new furniture and the quality and finish are still impressive after more than 30 years.
Thank you Gascoigne for providing such excellent service and products. Our whole experience was a pleasure from start to finish.

L and M FORD

L and M FORDPerth, WA

Wow!!! Just like NEW again!!

We have just had our 20 year old 3 seater chesterfield returned to us, totally refurbished and it looks just BRILLIANT!! We could not be happier!! It had been thrashed over the years and Gascoigne have given it a new lease on life. The service and attention to detail could not be faulted. Go Gascoigne forever!!!!!

Darren

DarrenPerth, WA

Good products, bad after sales service.

I bought a leather sofa some 20 years ago and it has held up nicely, but could do with some new foam. Spoke with [Name Removed] who seems incredibly incompetent; she kept forgetting who we were, forgot to return calls and emails for weeks at a time, then confused us with another couple. Cannot answer basic questions, and will ignore any questions from an email. Took months to get a quote, and then quoted $1500 to fluff up the cushions. Other staff members seem great, and unless the quality of the sofas has fallen, its been a great investment. Just really poor after-sales service - from [Name Removed] anyway. Other comments suggest I'm not alone. Unsure why she is still employed there.

Product AppearanceNot as advertised
Nizz1985

Nizz1985Western Australia

In love...

After receiving fantastic service beginning to end from the Gascoigne Team, I am now sitting extremely comfortably on my new Finland 3 Seater... I couldn’t be happier with my purchase, I love it!!
Highly recommended when in the market for a new leather sofa...

Warranty Claim MadeNo

CamPerth

Buyer Beware

We purchased the Copenhagen 3x2 lounges from Gascoigne. The lounge delivered was actually called the Le Grande on the delivery docket. On searching the internet, I discovered the Le Grande appears to be a lounge from another company that retails for $2300 less than the price we paid at Gascoigne. I contacted Gascoigne and they said “Le Grande is a common name in furniture and they didn’t think the one from the other company was the same” (even though it looked identical, was offered in the same colour leather and was the same name as the couch that was delivered to us). Make of this what you will but I suggest researching carefully before purchasing anything from Gascoigne as you could potentially save yourself a lot of money.

Cam

Please note that since posting this review Gascoigne have changed the name of the Copenhagen Lounge to "Catania". Google "Le Grande 3 Seater Lounge" and you will find a very similar suite to compare prices with.

Very happy now. They fixed the problem and the service was on top this time... so very happy now
Happy

Jenni

JenniPerth

Quality, Service and Comfort

The service from Todd at Myree was brilliant ..he is so laid back yet efficient and understanding. The quality of my lounge suite is superb and delivered with happy smiles up a long winding staircase. I made a huge mistake with colour choice and spoke to a charming lady called Kylie. When I explained my dilemma and after she had spoken to her GM they agreed to exchange my choice of white with grey. They did not have to as it was my error but they did. Thank you Kylie for your brilliant service..

Uncle Jesse

Uncle JessePerth

Not real leather

I have a chesterfield i bought from them 30 years ago $7700 and it's still great because it was made locally from real leather. These days forget it as its all made cheaply in China or somewhere similar from bicast a fake leather that will peal and bubble but they still want top dollar. Go somewhere else and get it in writing saying it's genuine real leather because gascoigne won't do it.

Gascoigne F.Gascoigne Leather Centre
Hendrik

HendrikPERTH

The best value and quality leather sofas in Perth!

Sara O

Sara OPerth

Customer service response post purchase

We have purchased several items from Gascoignes. We had a problem with one of them so contacted customer service and explained the issue. The response was excellent and far outweighed our expectations. This focus on the customer makes Gascoignes, in my opinion, one of the premier stores in Perth and explaines why they have been trading successfully for so long. Happy to recommend them and we will buy from them again.

What a great product

We purchased our 3 seater 2 seater and 2 chairs over 30 years ago.
We are sitting here tonight admiring our purchase, which has had all of our children grow up with c
it, our house dog max use to love sitting on the top of the lounge whilst he watched tv, true, now it is enjoyed by our 4 grandchildren, you know what That means. We trued to remember where we purshaced the lounge from in Sydney, thinking it was a t one of the great home shows we use to have.
Away Gascogne lounges are the best and have last out family a life time.
Thank you Gascoigne we love it and highly recommend your workmanship.Paul Rapp Sydney

Ron Hasked

Can we replace arm rests

Garth C.

I have no idea. You should ask Gascoigne direct. Before the COVID-19 period they were excellent in their responses to queries. Good luck

Ron H

I thought they would answer a question directed to them.

Neridaasked

We purchased the CASINO 100% genuine leather couch (mocha) in 2011. I made contact in 2014 as the leather was starting to ‘crackle and blister’ on all 5 seats. Had a service guy come out to view it and he claimed it was chlorine from our pool doing the damage (although we have never sat on the leather couch in wet bathers !) our beautiful couch is now covered in throw rugs as the leather has totally perished in parts, leaving us to question if it is in fact 100% genuine leather as advertised. We love this couch and had hoped to enjoy it for many years, we am very disappointed it has lasted only 6 years. Can someone please call me to discuss this situation further ? Kind regards, Nerida Williams [details removed]

Nerida

Have heard from Gascoigne and they are offering to recover our 6 year old 100% genuine Leather couch for $2500 and delivery costs $120 each way. I am loathe to give them any more money to repair the couch, as I cannot be guaranteed it will not happen again. Especially as they would be using the same Montage leather in Mocha. Have contacted Consumer Protection - surely it is not unreasonable to expect a leather couch of Gascoigne quality to last longer than 6 years ?

Clare Masked

We were fortunate to be gifted ours, but the recliners don't work. We have spent three months with Kylie, trying to get a resolution. She keeps forgetting who we are and what we want. Finally, she has found the receipt, and tells us that it is not one of theirs, but an import...really? Surely the brand is the brand? They cannot send someone out (we offered to pay!) but did offer to come pick up at over $100 each way PER CHAIR!!!! Or, we can hire a truck X 2 times and drop them in.

We will go elsewhere and get the passion for quality. Kylie, nice lady, but has to be contacted numerous times, never remembers us, and has taken months to tell us she can't really help.

It does seem a pretty easy thing to fix, and something that as a brand, I would want to know about, not just fob off. Make us feel special, you have us for life. Is this company only looking for positive feedback? It would have not taken much to make us happy and upgrade in a year or so.

Hi, all I can go by is our experience and it was very good. Unfortunately I think Kylie is under pressure sometimes but we have had excellent service from Kylie. Hope you can sort your problem out with her. Maybe go speak to her in person at whatever shop she may be at. I know she goes to the myaree shop quiet a lot. Good luck. Bonnie and Billie

Clare M

Thanks and good to hear! But either way, they aren't helping, as could buy new chairs for the price they want for pick up and drop off...it is more the time taken to tell us and how often she forgot who we were. I feel sorry she is under pressure, and yes, we have been into the store where they were lovely. Thanks guys, glad yours are great!

Get an answer from our members and Gascoigne Leather Centre representatives