Gasmate Odyssey 1

Gasmate Odyssey 1

Piezo failed after 1st use

If you're going to sell a bar-b-que with self ignition, a fundamental part of it is that it will light itself using the piezo igniter. I'm a non smoker, so do not have a lighter. As a result I now have a useless balcony ornament as I can't light it. The only time I did get to use it, it was just okay; struggled to build up any heat with the lid closed. Will be chatting with the retailer to see if I can get a refund.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Igniter never worked from new

Good BBQ broke the fiddly insulator parts first assembly. Emailed gasmate and they sent out new ones, all good now though a little flimsy. Igniter never worked from new either. It goes alright and does the job, should have got a Webber baby q instead for a few extra dollars.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Much better than i expected.nearly perfect.

Had a good look around at different brands that would suit my needs ,but kept coming back to the odyssey 1,which i bought in the end,i did buy an extra hot plate as it gave me a much larger area to cook on,also a stand and cover .very happy with the performance ,( But from day one the ignition Piezo igniter would not work ) only fault,have to use a barbecue match,did singe the hair on my hand first time ,now used many times no more mishaps so far,would have been nice if that had worked as well as everything else,so you only get 4 stars.

Date PurchasedJan 2018