2Latitude Gem Visa

Gillian

Mike H
Mike HSydney, NSW2 posts

Watch out

Attempted to cancel my Gem visa credit card which I never used and was told that I did not have authority as I had the wrong date of birth. Which I had uploaded to them but still couldn’t cancel. Tried to complain on their complaints process it required me to go through every month I was alive, too submit. Made the complaint an hour later anyway, and then to Australian Financial Authority.
Marty C.
Marty C.South East Queensland, QLD13 posts

Stay away they will do you damage

Worst company to deal with, wasted hours on the phone trying to solve a simple problem. The customer service team is hard to understand and communicate with. I would stay away
INC R.
INC R.2 posts

Do not use or trust this company

A company with zero customer support and the worst app and online account program.
I rang many times and many times I was lied to . After been hacked I felt the day were the ones behind it.
nic
nic2 posts

Unethical when trying to close account

Every time I had a balance left owing, I could access the Close Account Form to close my account. Of course I couldn't because I had a balance. Whenever I paid what small balance I had left, the Close Account Form would magically stop working. It has been a week now that this form simply does not work. This is unethical - you cannot tell me this is coincidence. I finally called them to close my account, waiting for my confirmation email which has not yet arrived and would supposedly take 24 hours.
Flani
Flani2 posts

Do Not use this company!

They changed the terms of my contract without being notified (when I rang them they said it was written on page 4 of one statement!!). Extremely poor customer service and clearly only about maximising their profits at any cost. Do not recommend them and I closed my account and will NEVER deal with them again.
Asha
Asha

Resolved the issue of refund with immediate response

There was issue with refund process, manager gracefully resolved the issue. I was keep following up with credit refund advised by customer service team after closing the account, however, I was not able get refund amount after several attempts. I contacted customer service with the issue and Customer service manager resolved the issue straight away.
Stephen M.
Stephen M.Hunter Region, NSW3 posts

Avoid them at all cost

Poor company to say the least. I have paid my account in full I have called them 10 times to tell them to close the account. They assured me it has been done. They keep sending me bills for nothing. Incompetent employees and company.
Steve
Steve2 posts

Shocking non responsive service - would call is ZERO customer Service

Totally shocking finance company, will NOT give statements when requested, will NOT reply to emails requesting statements - looks like they would prefer to keep raking in the $$$ instead of giving people payout figures.
ozzybloke1967
ozzybloke1967South East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Your at it again

Your at it again annual dropped from $99 to $8.95 a month that's $107.40 a year
Stop ripping people off..this company is getting ridiculous now. No wonder I don't use it anymore ..here is an hint for your people..this is a fact do not cancel your card.. your credit rating will hit the rocks. Just cut it up .plus you only get charged 8.95 .if your over $10.00..problem solved good bye gem
Matt
Matt

Worst customer service

They have recently changed the annual fee to Nil. My only expense was the annual fee which they have pro-rata refunded to customers. I spent 3 months attempting to close account. I eventually have, but now a month and a half later, I am still waiting for the refund to come through. When calling, on hold for approximately 6-10 minutes. phone rings and then cut off. Served a purpose for us but only use if desperate.
Elle Jaye
Elle Jaye5 posts

Rebecca
Rebecca

Online services need help

This is a good CC, but a pain in the neck to try and access an online service. My password constantly resets and the 3 questions are randomly never right.
Rachael C.
Rachael C.

Leo
Leo

Terrible application experience

Was approved for $7000 received a call and was in the process of getting pay slips etc and then get a txt saying declined , have sent a number of messages no response why not decline before all of this ?? Why approve and ask me to get documents ???
JERIC ROCHE
JERIC ROCHEGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Fraudulent credit card

This is fraud they dont give you contact number and you cant speak to anyone no balance no minimum payments advise. Think before you sign up. Latitude will rip you off all your money

Onthe R.
Onthe R.2 posts

Beware of intentional trickery, Warning!

Latitude Gem Visa like to state "Minimum Payment to Pay" which most of the time will not keep you safely within any Interest Free Period you have. Their warning about this is intentionally not obvious to find on any statement or their website. They also make it very hard to get in contact with them, often you'll never get hold of anyone on the phone, they refuse any contact via social media or email and have removed the option to securely message them whilst logged into their website, the website also has no support contact form. Their whole behavior is under investigation.
Julie T.
Julie T.2 posts

Worst Customer Service Ever

I called regarding a direct debit that was taken of my account of $600 when I chose minimum payments on the app. The customer service consultant was unsure what he was talking about. Stayed silent for 15 minutes then said that he has set up a direct debit for me with minimum payments but did not explain anything to me about the $600, asked him about it and he was reading out my statement and what was spent which had nothing to do with the $600 that was taken out of my account. Please do not use their service, they are so useless and unhelpful. Please train your staff properly!!!
DMTM
DMTMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Really great product and interest free feature is awesome

Really great product and interest free feature is awesome. I love the 60months interest free option and also have managed to get annual fee waived many times. I have never used the card overseas though
RZA
RZA2 posts

DO NOT , I REPEAT DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

Very poor customer service.
Will keep charging you until you call to close account, and it will taje you weeks to be able to speak to someone to close the account.
That;s how they make the money- off your interest rate while youre waiting to talk to someone to close your account
Do NOT USE THESE GUYS
allmyfriends
allmyfriendsSouth East Queensland, QLD26 posts
Janine
JanineHobart, TAS3 posts

Stay away at all costs

These vampires will suck your hard-earned dollars dry. It appears I have two "accounts", one of which is devoted just to paying interest and diabolical late fees if you have no money for a few months. Six months after opening the account I somehow had clocked up $168 on this extra account and paid for nothing but Latitude's latitude that they take with my money.
DPL
DPL

HEK26
HEK26South East Queensland, QLD8 posts

AVOID

I would NEVER recommend this bank/payment system to anyone. Payed off the balance on our statement and requested an account closure only to be told there was a payment pending (a reversal from a store that didn’t go through and wasn’t visible to us on the statement). Spent 9 months trying to resolve this issue, all the while being charged account fees. Avoid this bank like the plague. They’re quite happy to line their pockets while messing their customers around and make it extremely difficult for people to cancel their accounts.
Plight M.
Plight M.4 posts

Refuse to lend to single parents

With no monitory information they refused to lend simply due to having dependants. Avoid if possible. Would not recommend. Discriminatory against deaf people. Worst credit line ever. Not worth it
Sanjay
SanjaySydney, NSW5 posts

Poor login system

Can't register my card, Always showing error. And they are charged physical statements which I never ask for this. Customer care said register card but not possible to register. Not recommended

Shivasha
Shivasha

Perfect customer service

Customer service is excellent, very helpful, professional , listen to the problem and resolve the problem very efficiently, Gem Visa card is perfect to purchase necessary goods and pay by instalments with out interest.
Victoria
Victoria

Super easy

Applied for card and made my first online purchase all within 30 minutes. Christmas would have been a disaster without a little help from Latitude. The process is easy, clear to understand and stress free. Thankyou
charlotte.meredith89
charlotte.meredith89Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Interest free

I used my Latitude Gem Visa to purchase Christmas presents this year. It was convenient to have it there and be able to get 6 months interest free on any purchase, anywhere, so long as it was over $250.
Jason
JasonHobart, TAS

Very quick approval

I got approval within 10 minutes and walked out with the tv of my dreams, thank you so much latitude I have recommended you to all my friends and family.
Amir
AmirGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fast, easy and perfect!

I think using Gem Visa is perfect idea for students who have scholarship from universities, it is helpful to purchase your dream item without spending a huge money at first.
Poss
PossPerth, WA

Life made easy

It’s just a very simple card to use. There’s an amazing amount of businesses who accept the Latitude Gem Card. I especially like that I can make payments whenever I feel and pay it off sooner than the chosen period
Craig
Craig

Very Good

Perfect for what I needed at the time being a new TV. Intrest free period was great. I only used the initial buying of the TV so can't comment on the Card as I never activated it.
Sarah31
Sarah31

Love interest free at Apple

Easy purchase of apple products using interest free payment option. Was able to get what was needed knowing had time to pay off, also had various interest free period options
Glenn Irvine
Glenn Irvine

Love the interest free

Only use it to buy large stuff at good guys and always seems to be interest free which I love and will use it again when I need another large white good
Harry
HarryNew South Wales

Convenient n friendly

Easy access and it was first big transaction for me since covid . Felt awesome .
Easy for purchasing white goods brilliant and 1 more option for me , while going for shopping

Gerald
Gerald6 posts

Don’t Bother

You maintain a good payment history but if you need an increase they make it impossible to get it my account has been closed and fully paid but they haven’t returned my money shove this card.
PRG
PRG2 posts

Average, Capital A

Quite ordinary product. Fees on everything, online interface really poor and closing the account was a nightmare. For all the desire for Lattitude to be "New Fin Tech" marketing only gets you so far. Still cumbersome old GE finance underneath.
Glenda E.
Glenda E.South East Queensland, QLD

Easy way to purchase interest free

It was so easy to pop into The Good Guys and purchase a new Dyson vacuum cleaner and add it to my account. I know that with the statements I receive from Latitude that my purchases will be paid in full be each due date.
Saurabh
SaurabhMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Confusing Online Statement

I find your online statement confusing because of the following reasons:
* Statement should have an available balance after every transaction.
*Please provide details on the total interest-free amount if added together