General Trades

See the Best Plumbers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Garny

GarnySydney, NSW

Prime Shine window and house washing, the best in the business

Used this company to wash all upstairs windows and wash outside of house. Scot provided a quote for the whole job, which I accepted.
He turned up on time and the job he id was efficient, professional and very friendly. He said the job was quicker than he thought and refunded me $50.
I would recommend these guys absolutely as they are down to earth, ethical, and do a hell of a job.

Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees

Kat

KatSydney, NSW

Mali electrician from cameray

Charged me $800 for a 3 hour job in neutral bay this was the first job i used this electrician so was not aware how much he had overcharged me for what was a simple connection of kitchen appliances. Additionally he didn't know how to connect the rangehood which he sealed off and I was later told the method he used to install could of burned my kitchen down and he tried to take parts without asking me.

Professional and Curious

charliesydney

poor customer service

Rang about a concern for work carried out back in 2013 as the sump pump has failed 1st call on Saturday 14TH left contact details as the person who answered would allocate it to next avaialble . Rang AGAIN ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY PRE RECORDED MESSAGE LEFT DETAILS NOTHING ALSO SENT EMAIL NO REPLY.
At lest could have had the courtesy to reply

Charlie

please do not use

Jorge Guillen

Jorge GuillenIllawarra, NSW

Excellent advice but work lacked finesse Dec 2014

Dishonest and abusive

Michelle HancockNewcastle East

Appalling company - don't use

I was told I would have a shower installed and it would take 2 consecutive days. Plumber came and did preliminary work (ripping apart my laundry) and 6 weeks and 7 tradesman later I still don't have the shower installed. These guys turn up hours late and never call to let you know. Or they don't turn up at all and still don't call to let you know they're not coming. Company never gets back to me to let me know what is happening, I have a laundry that looks like a construction site and no idea when the job will be finished. I have asked senior people to ring me, they never call. I don't know how to get this situation fixed. I wish I had never heard of this company.

joe

Haylo

HayloSydney

Awful

Juliet H

Juliet HFletcher

IT DOESN'T GET ANY WORSE THAN THIS

Plumbing

Shame shame they went to a friends house to unblock a sewer line then quoted $9,500 to replace all drainage and sewer lines due to collapsed pipes. I stepped in sent my plumber in who works on two commercial buildings I maintain, $600 dollars later all lines are cleared and video footage as proof something general trades could not provide. Absolute rip off from general trades trying to rip off a lady of age and putting thru the stress I would not recommend them.

KIKI

KIKI

Excellent (General Trades in Melbourne)

We had all sorts of sewage problems. We had a quote from The Drain Man, but after dramas with them plus an over the top quote, we went with General Trades. Although the job cost a lot (that's just life my friends) they arrived on time, finished in one day, cleaned up, patted the dog and weren't yobbos! So I'm happy. We now need more work done and I'm not expecting any problems.

Disgusted to the highest level

Communication with clients appalling. Unprofessional tradesman burnt my house and wasn't even competent enough to correctly weld joints on my water pipes, resulting in my hose being severely damaged within the wall cavity, due to leaking pipes that weren't welded properly. 24hr service. What a joke. Leave a message and they will get back to you within business hours.

Everything. You ruined my house and cost me thousands of dollars in delays

TRACEY HOWIE
TRACEY HOWIE
Daryl B.General Trades

Tracy once again we are extremely sorry and embarrassed by the experience, you were exposed to.Thank you for your patience and understanding it is much appreciated, we have since let the original plumber go...

Sharks

Starts at $99 and then they just have to do the next step and the next and low and behold it looks like your bill will be in the thousands. High pressure sales rather than high pressure hose. Be very careful and get a full quote before they do anything.
Nothing
Everything

Electrifying bill

Invoice no 14345
This invoiced price is extortionate and large as well. I have written to the ombudsman requesting confirmation of the prices charged by your company and an ordinary electrician. Previous work I've had done by a private electricianI as follows, an dual a/c installed, a fan fixed, a new security light, a double power point, a t.v aerial and they had to be wired from scratch they charged $1020.00.
Your company charged $585.00 for supply and fit to already wired double power point, three switch light switch and supply and fit security light which was also wired.

The price

Do not use this company

This company tried to turn a leaky shower head which needed two washers changed into an $800 job. Be extremely cautious when dealing with them. They complained bitterly the entire time they at my house about how hard the job was. At the end of the day their total quote for the work needed was $1200 the proper plumber who did the work charged $300 not a difficult job for him

Unprofessional, late poor attitude of both office staff and tradesmen extremely questionable quoting practices

Angela
Angela

Maybe I wasn't clear enough u quoted on the work - I got someone else to do it and saved myself $900 in the process

The Hard Shell

Daryl B.General Trades

Would Never use them, Unreliable and don't live up to their own mottos.

No stars! Avoid!

2 months after they initially came out they have done nothing despite countless phone calls. Still haven't ordered the part which the 1st guy was meant to do. Their excuse.
.. He's left the company. 2nd appointment guy didn't turn up, excuse computer system had gone down, 3rd visit the guy didn't do with the bio treatment because he wasn't told what was required. And now they are ordering a part. Worst of all they seem to think because they tell me all these excuses that makes things right! Avoid!!! This is clearly a company that's about to go bust cos with such a terrie service.
Not much although the latest plumber sounds more promising.
Totally disorganized.