Genesis Fitness Club

Genesis Fitness Club

See the Best Gyms in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (17%) · No (83%)
  • Rates and Fees

Tina

TinaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

I just joined! Loves it, clean, fresh, tidy with friendly staff and gym enthusiasts.

The gym is very clean and well organised. There is room for stretching and floor exercises. The staff and clients are warm and friendly. I felt at ease and welcomed. It's a safe environment with music played at a reasonable volume. I am happy with the price. I compared Genesis with other gym's and Genesis suited my taste and style.

Sonia

SoniaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Beautiful cool and safe environment. Staff are keen to help

This is an airy, well - equipped facility with several different spaces. Staff let you get on with it but are super- helpful and knowledgeable if you ask. Genuine clientele too.

Darren

Darren

Lovely gym, but exit charges and policy is outrageous

Great gym, and really lovely staff. But the exit policy is horrible. The company is charging me for four weeks after I signed to leave. I'm not in contract. I was also forced to come into the Melbourne CBD gym to ask in person to leave, or could alternatively write and mail a letter by post. They wouldn't accept email.

I asked that they don't waste my money by 'cancelling down' by account after 30 days but I've had no response.

I previously would have, and often did, recommend this gym. I just cannot now. Many other gyms let you leave as you like.

Genesis should be embarrassed over this policy. After a great experience with the facilities and staff, this is a big let down.

Nermeen N.

Nermeen N.

Too expensive

Great Experience

I enjoy the cleanliness and quality of the gym equipment at Maidstone site. Staff are extremely friendly. 24/7 access is great. Access to the sauna after a gym workout is a huge plus!

BROKEN CYCLE BIKES

Bundoora Genesis Fitness Club, Broken Cycle bikes in the Group Fitness Room.
Management is responsible for the duty and repair of Cycle Bikes. A high risk of injury to members this is negligent on Genesis Fitness Club.
Members have left complaints with the front desk reception, Group Fitness Coordinator and with Owner/Manager
Can bikes be repaired, please?

Krystie-Lee Parkinson

Krystie-Lee ParkinsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unprofessional and rude - GENESIS LAWNTON QLD

Overall the gym itself is reasonable, not the best but not the worst.

However Angela McCulloch needs to learn to count 30 days notice of cancellation I requested the cancellation as of the 20/8/19 and found I was still being charged on the 20/9/19 I emailed and got told by Gema the reception there was a mistake with my cancellation and it would be fixed, I emailed again a few days later as I heard nothing. Got told it was being sorted. Then had Angela message me telling me it was within the 30 day notice that's why the took an additional payment.

The money isn't the issue the crappy Unprofessional customer service is my major issue, can't respond in a timely manner. Shouldn't be this hard to cancel a membership.

STAY AWAY!

Perth girl

Perth girlPerth, WA

Very incompetent staff and charging extra!

Customer

Customer

Another cold ostentatious and pretentious , we don't care and it shows service

Another cold ostentatious and pretentious , we don't care and it shows type of service.
Uninviting, young and arrogant for no real reason people , especially front desks. Unfortunately it's a common disease nowadays . Will never lay a finger over there, as well ,again.

Rachael J.

Rachael J.Illawarra, NSW

No good

Staff don’t care or help. Full of people staring at themselves and judging others. Not a nice gym. Very unmotivating especially when you are first starting out and feeling a little self conscious.

Ara

AraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Injured at Genesis Ringwood NO STAR Service!

I was injured at Genesis Ringwood. I contacted the Manager for the cancellation of my membership. He stopped replying to my email and phone calls. I contacted the head office, no reply from them and they are still charging my credit card! They cannot take responsibility of their members and when members are not satisfied with their service, they keep charging them. I will contact consumer affairs vic to get rid of them and get my money back.

Michaela rose

Michaela roseMelbourne

Beware Genesis Box Hill

Kian

Kian

Very Poor Cusomer Service and Charge you as many times as they can

Be aware what you are signing for. They charge you for improvement levy and late payments. To freeze the membership you should use an app that doesn't work. One month cancelation notice and if you contact them they say look this is the contract and you have signed it.

Anamika

AnamikaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cheaters

After canceling membership also for 2 months charged from my credit card .when asked they were giving excuses and then said next month it will come back to your account. I didn't attend gym and money also didn't come in my account. very bad experience .trainers will help only if you pay them separately otherwise no one will be there to help you .

Rose

RoseMid North Coast, NSW

Toormina Genesis , DONT give them your credit card

DEVIOUS!!

Very devious with contracts. Told the membership guy that i would have to cancel after a few months due to university, he told me that would be fine. He must of "forgot" to mention the 150$ cancelation fee they now want to charge me. Seems like lying to customers for financial gain is what these guys are about.

Jade121

Jade121Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t get sick during your genesis membership

I signed up and initially started using their services. A few months in the medical condition I have got a lot worse. I provided a letter from my specialist and doctor stating the diagnosis and that I could no longer continue using their facilities. The only way out was to pay a ridiculous amount of money for something that was out of my control!

Daz

DazMelton

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst gym ever

Have not had a good experience with this gym at all. First we had to pay a membership fee of $80. If you're payment bounces once you immediately get costs incurred, and the debit system they use (debitsucces) has very uninformative emails without any payment links. Then if you want to cancel there is 4 weeks!!! notice. So another $100 down the drain. I'm sure this was in the contract but who reads the fine print. Hope you read it now!

lisaasked

Hi I'm Lisa Nguyen- Gregory, I have sent a letter to [name removed] ask and complaining about cancelled a membership. Since Monday I still haven't heard back from anyone.
Please, answer me as soon as possible.
[details removed]

Brazen
Brazen

They don't respond for weeks or at all at times to emails.

Steve

To: The Manager Genesis Fitness,
I wrote two letters of complaint (1 to Genesis and 1 to ACCC) and again now another letter of complaint sent to you because the Warners Bay club charged me 30 days for the cancelling of the membership which is very unreasonable.
Before I joined Genesis (I also having earlier been a member of Genetics near there for 7 years),I had trouble a little group , so then I moved to Genesis club.
I met Sean he was the previous manager at this club then told him what had happened over there. He listened my story then said "move to here we’re all friendly people here." So I moved on here after 2 weeks when I finished the contract with the club over there.
I was initially happy with this place, but although I reported the fact that (some person blew up the story about me) I was being harassed by the rumours and the gossip to several members of the club and the manager (Michelle) and other staffs, the situation continued.
This became so stressful is affected my health and my doctor put me on a course of treatment for stress and depression, and I didn’t attend the club.
After 5 weeks absence I returned about 2 months later but the situation repeated again including some of the instructors as well.
So I became quite upset and angry cancelled my membership.
I met Michelle then told her I would finish the membership (I don’t think she’s manages as good as she could for this business).
That wasn’t my fail. The failure is by the club in its duty of care to the patrons of this place. I find this situation unfair.
So I write this later to you today (on advice from ACCC who suggested that I write one more to yourselves one more time to solve the problem), hoping you can assist in sorting for the monies that it’s charged from debit (30 days above).
I also need an apology for my honour and suffering.
Regards,

Lisa Gregory
2/11/15.

Benjamin
Benjamin

6 Simple ways to EXTERMINATE Genesis Fitness

1. Contact media
Give them BAD exposure nationally. It’s EASY. Simply copy & paste your bad review to channel 7 and 9. Fill in your contact details and wait for response from them. The more people contact them with the same issue the bigger the story and quicker the response.
Channel 7 and 9 contact us, letter to the edditor. Also herald sun and the age newspaper.
2. Send SMS
to everyone on your phone and ask them to do the same. Warn friends and family not to join Genesis fitness and advice cancelation immediately if they have.
3. Copy & paste
your bad review on every individual Genesis club, much more effective. E.g. Genesis fitness Wantirna-copy paste your bad review BOOM!!! People stop joining
4. Start Facebook page
Boycott Genesis Fitness-Fook Genesis Fitness
5. Print flyers
with all the bad reviews and put in the mail boxes of people in your neighbourhood
6. Take legal action

AinsleyMae

AinsleyMaeasked

How much does it cost for just going that one time?? Please answer ASAP

Malcolm Reed
Malcolm Reed

They charge an "Account Setup Fee" to the tune of $72+$55 and they charge a "Bye" fee of $100. Are you still interested? I would not be.

Get an answer from our members and representatives