George Foreman Easy Clean Grill GRP1080AU

George Foreman Easy Clean Grill GRP1080AU

MPN: GRF-GRP1080AU

Excellent low fat cooking device

We have been using ours for about 18 months. We leave the temperature gauge in the middle. We have no issues with the cooking food with grill closed, or open with the flat plate for cooking vegetables.
I am looking for replacement plates as one day they will be needed.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Waste of money

I have had at least 3 of the old grilling machines due to a big family they got there fare use before graciously dying. I purchased the new beaut one mainly for the ease of cleaning, what an extreme disappointment, it doesn't grill bread let alone meat it broils it so it comes out like rubber and ends up in the bin. I thought I was doing something wrong so put a small amount of oil, waited till it heated right up, no, still useless, I even tried bacon truely it would have cooked better on a plate in the sun. This grilling machine is not worth it at all so disappointed after many years use of the old ones this is just a piece of rubbish, DO NOT waste you money after several attempts mine went in the bin where it belongs!!!
Absolute piece of junk!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Very dissapointed

My parents had a original grill and raved about it, but I wasn't sure about cleaning it, looked like a headache. Thought I'd get the easy clean just bung it in the dishwasher! cleaned great! cooked terrible :(. Didn't get hot, Meat was grey and boiled looking wouldn't waste your money. Wish I had read the reviews first. I'ts been sitting in cupboard for 12 months.

Stewed not grilled.....

Had an original grill and used way beyond ‘normal use’- it was fantastic until surface started the wear away. The ‘new easy clean’ red removable plates grill is a disgrace to the word grill. The plates barely heat, there is no ‘grill’ going on at all. It takes forever to stew meat and there is no colour on the meat surface. Perfect meat ruined by an inferior replacement. Biggest waste of $90 I have ever spent. I want my old grill back, even if the surface was worn, at least it ‘grilled’.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Steams meat

This George Foreman grilling machine doesn't sear meat, meat comes out like it's been steamed and is rubbery. I don't recommend this product, it just doesn't get hot enough to seal any type of meat. I tried chicken and beef, both came out pale, no scorch marks from the ribbed plates and rubbery. I was lucky enough to get a refund.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Sizzle Fizzle

We've used both the large and small Georges for many years but always grizzled about the cleaning, so we bought the new George with the removable plates.
We wouldn't have bought it if it was pricey because we were worried about the heat transfer capability from element to plate, but for 90 odd dollars at Hardly Normal we were willing to give it a lash.
Our fears were well founded. This George lacked any sizzle and took ages to stew, not grill, the chops.
We will try it again since chop bones prevent the grill from properly closing, but the other Georges cooked chops okay.
We are not optimistic.

very dissapointed

I bought the new George Foreman Easy Clean Grill before Christmas( The Good Guys)but due to demand it was out of stock till late January 2018. The feature of removable plates was a selling point for me making is so much easier to clean. We had an earlier George Foreman griller but sadly after many years of faithful service it died, (we also have the mini George Foreman gill in our motorhome that we LOVE). Imagine my disappointment when I have been a loyal George Foreman gill user when I turned it on and waited for it to reach temp and by putting the veggies on Mushrooms and capsicum as well as tomato , NO sizzle closed it opened it up after what I would normally turn things and all I found was squashed veggie that had not started to cook and the minute I put a steak into the grill after giving it time to heat up again - absolutely no sizzle and the meat just sat there "stewing" instead of cooking as a steak should. I have tried three times and it is just a dud.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

This does exactly what I expected

We bought this brand new from Harris Scarfe when it was on a half price special. I've always wanted one due to the easy clean feature and the low-fat cooking option. I've used regularly since our purchase and it produces a fine steak just the way we like it. I would recommend this appliance without hesitation.

SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT

I bought the new George Foreman Easy Clean Grill just over a week ago. The feature of removable plates was a selling point for me making is so much easier to clean. My disappointment started the minute I put a steak into the grill after giving it time to heat up first - absolutely no sizzle and the meat just sat there "stewing" instead of cooking as a steak should. Needless to say, my steak meal was a failure. Two days later I thought I'd try it again with chicken fillets - maybe I'd done something wrong on the first attempt. Again, the chicken just sat there and was anything but appetising. I gave up and took the appliance back to The Good Guys where I'd purchased it. They were good enough to allow me to return it even though I'd used it twice and I selected a different make. This particular model does not live up to reputation. It may be good enough for toasting a sandwich but definitely not for cooking meat - the picture on the box shows golden chicken fillets. They must have cooked them on something else.

Perfect for all!

This machine is a totally awesome toasted sandwich maker, but aside from that i end up putting a BUNCH of stuff through here - Breakfast? Bacon and eggs (Yes eggs! I even had a housemate cook Salmon on this thing. Easy to clean as the name says. Great for Uni Students or people with life on the run.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Healthy way to grill to perfection

I recently had to purchase a new grill as my old George Foreman gave up ( after 10 or so years) This new model I think is even better than the old one. Worth buying. A great machine for a reasonable price.I would highly recommend this family grill, it's so easy to clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Absolutely love it!

Awesome grill, it cooks so quick with the meat coming out so tender, it is so easy to clean either wipe off or put in the dishwasher. The grill plates come out with the push of a button, it has a temperature control dial to adjust heat. It tilts back fully for open grilling. I love it, couldn't live without it.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Terrible

Had the original which we wore out with many years great service, bought the new one and it is shocking. wont cook chops unless you have heaps of time. doesn't get hot enough. Sausages medium thickness at least half hour to cook. Book says 7 to 8 minutes. Rubbish.
I want my money back.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Absolutely terrible !!

Loved our original GForeman so much we bought the new one for the convenience of the removable plates for ease of cleaning. Unlike the old units, this one does not even char the surface of the meat, it broils it instead. This design obviously loses too much heat to cook effectively. Will be returning & hope to swap for same model as our original, which we gave away to friends, because they were so impressed with it. Can't really ask for it back.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

So dissappointed

After many years of the excellent first model we bought the latest believing it would be even better. The thing simply is nowhere near hot enough and stews even fish. My slow-cooker is more efficient than this new one. How the latest technology can be so inferior to the old style model amazes me. Not worth it if it were free unfortunately.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Worse thing I ever bought

We bought it to replace our older model gr30s thinking it would be better because of removable plates but it doesn't get hot enough to cook the food it's terrible the steak and chicken comes out pale and dry and takes ages to cook. Very very very disappointed with it

Much better than I expected!

Love it for everything except sausages, they end up flat as a pancake! Particularly good for chicken. Super easy to clean, the plates click off and you can wash them in the sink etc. Good design and price when on sale. I have used it more than I thought I would.

We use this at least once per day. We love it!

This is our third George Foreman Grill. This one is the easiest to clean, as the grilling plates can be removed. It's much wider to grill more food, yet it's sleek and stylish, with a glossy red outer cover. We grill all meats and many vegetables on ours, as well as sandwiches and foccacias.

We purchased ours for $99.00, which is a reasonable price for an appliance we use daily. I love to see the fat that drains from our meat whilst still remaining tender and juicy. A very useful and reliable product.