Gerni Super 140.3

Gerni Super 140.3

G4 gun not fit for purpose

I have been a huge supporter of gerni for years. Unfortunately the G4 gun they supply with their units are not fit for purpose. Having gone through a dozen guns and complained to gerni head office they dont seem to care. Today they said "why dont you buy a g5 gun they are much better quality". I said why dont you just supply the unit with a g5 gun and they said they dont think the g4's have any issues. Read the reviews for all the gerni models and you will see they clearly dont work properly.

Purchased in March 2017 at Supercheap Auto for $499.00.

Noise Level

Gerni High Pressure Cleaner

We bought a Gerni high pressure cleaner from Bunnings just prior to Christmas. We have used it 4 or 5 times and the hose has split. We took it back to Bunnings Marion who said this is wear and tear. They charged us $37 for a new hose. I would call this using it for its purpose! It is 5 weeks old. Seriously what happened to warranties??

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $300.00.

Noise Level
Safety

Not Happy

Used it once and it worked fine. The 2nd time it didn't work. After reading instructions, that didn't help at all, and searching the Internet I replaced the hanset battery and it started working again. 3rd time I went to use it again not working. Battery is fine this time. The motor started to build pressure for about 3 secounds then didn't come on again. The Gerni I had before this one lasted 10 years. Recommend not wasting your money on this model.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Very disappointing. Manual does not mention essentials and is poorly written.

Nothing much to assemble fortunately. However, there is a battery and screwdriver supplied but nothing mentioned in the manual about either of these. Found the battery cover on the trigger handle eventually and placed battery in the right way. The pressure pump ran once and then stopped and never ran again despite checking water flow, voltage etc. Troubleshooting guide mentions "blown fuse" but not sure if this means the house supply fuse or if there is one on the pressure spray. The online manual has a page with parts listed numerically but no index to give names to these parts. So no idea if there is a fuse on board. Pretty unimpressed with this machine so far.
I was surprised how many other users were similarly disappointed.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Hand trigger assembly, motor

Terrible product. I have gone thru 2 hand trigger assemblies after having to replace 3 sets of O rings and know the motor/ pump keeps cutting out. I was so disgusted that I have now bought a Hitachi 1.8 kw psi unit after 2 years still going strong touch wood

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Gerni Super D- PG 140.3

The first one kept cutting out on starting, returned to Bunnings, no problem, gave me a new one. Once I was all ready to go, pulled the trigger and whacko! It worked, right up until I released the trigger, then it wouldn't start, apparently it threw the earth leakage switch upon restarting, after working out that every time you restart you have to reset the earth leakage switch I manage to finish the job, needless to say the power washer is going back for a refund and I will try another brand. Don't bother with a Gerni!!!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Returned after first use!

Cannot use without the hose popping off on every engine cycle. Tried multiple pressures, two different hoses and 3 different connectors. Used for < 45m, hose reconnection attempts = 50. At the end of the day the hose connector is really low quality plastic, it is resolvable by replacing with a better connector but if they cheaped out on this, what else? It seems companies just don't care about producing quality products anymore.

Save yourself heartache, buy something else.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Randomly works on its own

Worked beautifully first 2 times I used it and well worth the money spent.

However today when I release the trigger and press it again it takes ages for the pump to kick in and operate normally. Sometimes the pump won't start at all. Sometimes when the handle is released the pump starts to run on its own. When squeezing the handle to catch the pump running and get it while is pressurising it stops working and get water flow under no pressure. Very frustrating.

Switching it off and on at the switch and power point doesn't make a difference. Will use it one more time to see if it fixes its self up before returning it to Bunnings for another one.

Plus the plastic hose is crap. Has got some small nicks and splinters in it already. For the amount of $$$ spent it should have been a better quality hose so not happy about that either as it won't be cheap/easy to replace one stuffed!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

flat battery on gerni 140.3 power grip model

mine did exactly the same, I used the gerni once all very good, the second time I went to use it, the battery was dead flat, I had no control of the pressure, was not impressed at all, I'm now waiting to hear back from Nilfisk / Gerni as to what the problem is with it.