ghd Air

4.2

• Safety
Niko

NikoSydney, NSW

Hot blower, as you'd expect

The ghd Air 1.0 is the perfect hair dryer for long hair.
It packs a punch with heat and blow abilities. Dries my thick long tresses in a jiffy.
You really can't go wrong with this one.
Two heat options
Two blow options
3 metre long cable!
Easy clean filter.
It is a tad on the heavy side, so I pack a handy hair dryer for travel.
Highly recommend.

Was fine until the heating element failed

Bought this at the end of Dec 2016. Not a cheap hairdryer but it had great reviews. Hairdryer itself was fine, nothing amazing but dried my hair quickly. Today the heating element has failed and it will only blow cold air....expected a lot more for my money, oh and of course it’s outside warranty. Off to good guys to buy one for a quarter of the price which will probably last four times longer.

Fairy

FairyNSW

Love it. Can’t live without it

This is a tool I cannot do without. It is a major part of my everyday Haircare routine. This product is powerful yet quiet compared to any other dryers I’ve used. It blow dries my super stubborn curly hair straight in a matter of minutes with minimum damage and frizz. If you are looking for a hair dryer that I will be with you long term and style it while protecting it at the same time, invest in this one. You won’t regret it.

MaryG

MaryGAdelaide

Very blowy, a little heavy

I have always found ghd products top quality so was looking forward to my hairdryer try out. I think I had high expectations and maybe expected too much to be honest. The dryer is super heavy and a little weary on the wrist, but you do soon get used to it. The air pressure is very strong which I d feel makes my hair go a little fuzzy. Sometimes when I use someone else's hairdryer I feel I get a smoother finish. Would I buy it again? Maybe... but not definitely...

Gabby

GabbyGold Coast

Great product!

Very happy with the results, it dries my hair so quickly. This hairdryer seals the ends and leaves my hair beautiful just like a professional has styled my hair worth every cent. It is a little bit heavy though.

ESH

ESHPerth, WA

EASY TO USE

I purchased Ghd Air Hair Dryer Professional Kit as it was actually cheaper than purchasing just the hair dryer. Kit came with diffuser, brush,clips. Easy to use, find hairdryer a little bit heavy. Dries hair very quickly. Great for styling/straightening hair.

rick18Perth, WA

Failed after less than a month

A very disappointing experience. On their recommendation I bought this hair dryer from Price Attack in Warwick WA on 16 Feb 2018.
It stopped working completely after less than a month.
Equally disappointing is a note within the box stating in large bold block letters "PLEASE DO NOT RETURN TO PLACE OF PURCHASE".
This note goes on to give a USA contact number and what appears to be a USA email support address.
I'm not sure what to do next. Do I need to just put it down to being a bad expereince?

rick18

Thank you ghd. We did contact the local supplier and they offered a replacement of another brand, This was appreciated.
Regards
Rick

Niko T

Niko TGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent product

I purchased these along with the GHD Platinum straighteners for my wifes birthday in July 2017.
I use these to dry my daughters and sons hair after they shower and it dries hair so much faster than the previous model we have used from other brands.

The only issue with these ones versus some of the others that we have had is the lack of speeds and heat. There is only I and II for both, whereas some of the other dryers we have had include 3 speeds and a COLD option. I know these arent designed for kids in general, but a lower option is always good because they sometimes find it a lot hotter than we do.

Other than that, they look great and work well.

Very satisfied with the performance of this product.

Alice

Alice

Good quality dryer

Like all ghds the quality is excellent.

Dries my hair very nicely, but because I've got thick long hair it takes forever sometimes so a much lighter hair drier would be nice!

However I definitely would still recommend to others. It's not cheap feeling and you can for sure know that it'll last a long time and not light on fire after a few uses.

Bianca_Childs

Bianca_ChildsAU

Love it

Compared to my old hairdryer, this cuts my drying and styling time from 20 minutes to 5 minutes. The long power cord makes it much easier to use. Really sturdy construction. The concentrated nozzles are great for drying off and blow drying for a smooth finish. I also bought the finger diffuser which is great for adding soft curls. You twirl a couple of sections of your hair and rest them gently in the diffuser and wait until dry or set.

Adele Tan

Adele Tan

Good for hair health but slow

This hair dryer doesn’t damage your hair at all. I’ve used it for almost 5 years and it’s going strong. My only complaint is that it does take a long time to actually dry my hair, although I have very thick hair. My old inexpensive one was much quicker however I guess the GHD is better for my hair health.

Mjdcomp

MjdcompPerth

Amazing!

This is the most expensive hairdryer i've owned but it's also the best! I thought i'd invest in a good quality dryer and after reading quite a few reviews decided on the GHD Air. It dries my hair in such a short time which has been great especially now with baby, I just don't have much time to spend on my hair. Since using this dryer i've hardly needed to use my GHD hair straightener the dryer does such a good job on its own.

Sunshine

SunshineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Such a good purchase

Hard to fault this hairdryer, the cord is extra long which is great and doesn’t get tangled. Dries my hair faster that my old one. Love how light it is in my hand. The only difficult part is sometimes the buttons on handle can be a tad difficult to press in whilst you are drying your hair. but I still give it 5 stars due to how fast it dries. Love it.

lingkaching

lingkaching

Best hairdryer that I have owned

This really is the best hair dryer that I have owned. I like that there are multiple settings for heating and cooling as well as the strength of airflow. I have very thick hair and find that on the highest setting my hair gets dry within 10 minutes. It does leave my hair a little frizzy however I follow it up with my GHD hair straightener and this works well.

Alexandra Z

Alexandra Z

Decent hairdryer

I have enjoyed using this hairdryer - when I first bought it, I could definitely tell the difference compared to my old VS Sassoon hairdryers. It dries my hair a lot faster than other hairdryers but it does make my hair a bit frizzy. My hair is naturally fine though so this is not a surprise occurrence. For some reason, after about 2 years, it sounds like something has broken inside it and when I tilt the hairdryer on its side, it sounds like it's dying! It still works adequately so I haven't bothered purchasing a new one.

Pdubs

Pdubs

Dries hair quickly!

Dries my long thick hair really quickly and is lighter than my previous hair dryer (but that was quite old). You can choose from different heat settings (along with a cold option) and also different speeds/power.
It seems sturdy and well made. I have used the same GHD straightener for over 10 years and am hoping this hair dryer will last just as long!

Emma M.

Emma M.Melbourne

Love love love!

This hairdryer is so light and easy to use. I really like how my hand doesn't get sore when I use it (used to happen with my old one) and it dries my hair so quickly. I even purchased one for my boyfriend as a gift because I like it so much.

Noel

NoelCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Awesome hairdryer

Very powerful hairdryer with good temperature settings meaning it has been a lot quicker to dry my hair compared to my previous hairdryer. The hairdryer is quite light and the end can detach which makes it easy to fit into luggage when travelling. Got it quite cheap so very satisfied with this purchase and would recommend to others.

Carolm79

Carolm79Melbourne

I loved my GHD straightener so though I needed the matching dryer

After such good experiences with GHD straighteners I purchased the GHD Air. Its a good hair dryer with 2 temp settings. It fits in the had nicely and isn't too heavy. It doesn't seem to have a whole lot of fan force. I feel like my cheaper brand hairdryer perhaps blew out more air. All in all its a good dryer that I am sure will last sometime.