ghd Air

ghd Air

See the Best Hair Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ghd

• Safety
T S.
T S.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't believe the hype

Wouldn't recommend. The spinning nozzle makes it very hard work to achieve a smooth finish. According to GHD this isn't a fault ! Wouldn't recommend to anyone. Much cheaper and better products on the market.

Purchased in January 2020 at Shaver Shop for $160.00.

Amy W.
Amy W.Alice Springs, NT

Has the makings of a great hairdryer, but it’s not.

This could be an amazing hairdryer. The fact the nozzle continually spins makes this an incredibly frustrating dryer. It also has just 2 speeds, I feel like it should have one speed lower again.

Purchased in December 2019 for $250.00.

LindaH
LindaHGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great but with a very badly designed nozzel

Awesome hair dryer that has one major design fault, the nozzle continually swivels. You spend far too much time and trouble trying to get the nozzle to stay where you want. Not happy!

Purchased in April 2020 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store.

Nozzle keeps spinning

Nozzle keeps spinning which is so annoying. As soon as I hit off it it moves and I've to stop to put it back which is not ideal at all for work.

Purchased in June 2020 for $130.00.

Bruna S.
Bruna S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Silver coating from switch peeling off

Not happy! My hairdryer worked well, however l wouldn’t invest in another one.

Reason being...
Silver paint around the ON and OFF buttons is mostly peeling off!

Looks terrible and hard to handle when your using it.

Waste of money

Paid £145 for GHD Aura hairdryer. Blew up after 2 years. Was used only 3 times per week by myself. Customer service atrocious! Took 10 days to reply to initial email, offered to send prepaid label to return it for assessment .. still waiting for that! Given up on any recourse, my advice is don’t waste your money!!
Just bought equally as good Babyliss for £33, same settings, not as heavy and a 5 yr guarantee. Will never buy anything from GHD again! Overpriced, one year guarantee and poor customer service.

Purchased in September 2016.

Customer C.ghd

Only comes with a 12 month warranty!!!!

Extremely disappointed!!! Bought my hairdryer July 2018. Started smoking when i was using hairdryer!!!! Sent to Ghd who emailed to advised there was nothing they could do except throw it in the recycling for me? I even offered to pay to get the hairdryer fixed they dont have the parts to fix the hair dryer.i would never except a hairdryer at this price to last 15 months!!!!!!!!! Will never use a ghd product again.
I have been a loyal Customer to Ghd. Wanted to speak to a manager who was meant to call Me back. Never happned they emailed to say the best they could do is offer me 20 % off a new one. Simply not good enough.

Waste of money

Spending £99 on a hairdryer is not a decision I make lightly as this is a lot of money to me, however I wanted a product that would tame my very curly hair and I’ve always been impressed by GHD straighteners. However, this product is so frustrating to use as the nozzle continuously spins and it makes drying my hair double the work and time it should take. I contacted GHD to ask if this is suppose to happen and they sent a replacement however, it has exactly the same problem! I'm not happy with the dryer at all for this reason and wish I had bought a different brand.

SoulTrain73
SoulTrain73Melton, VIC

Crappolla

After decades of having superfluous hair but never enough money to buy these I was kinda giddy to walk out of Shavershop last night! At $190 it was the lowest price point (equates to 8.03 x hours of hard f*#ckn toil on my part) which I know puts me in the bottom target demograph for GHD. Anyway here's the bite they shut unevenly causing my hair to pass through a large gap. Even my trusty $40 Kmart job does it better. I'm wasting my Friday night taking this reject product back for a full refund because GHD Quality Control is a hairy fail!

Find out how ghd Air compares to other Hair Dryers

Was fine until the heating element failed

Bought this at the end of Dec 2016. Not a cheap hairdryer but it had great reviews. Hairdryer itself was fine, nothing amazing but dried my hair quickly. Today the heating element has failed and it will only blow cold air....expected a lot more for my money, oh and of course it’s outside warranty. Off to good guys to buy one for a quarter of the price which will probably last four times longer.

rick18Perth, WA

Failed after less than a month

A very disappointing experience. On their recommendation I bought this hair dryer from Price Attack in Warwick WA on 16 Feb 2018.
It stopped working completely after less than a month.
Equally disappointing is a note within the box stating in large bold block letters "PLEASE DO NOT RETURN TO PLACE OF PURCHASE".
This note goes on to give a USA contact number and what appears to be a USA email support address.
I'm not sure what to do next. Do I need to just put it down to being a bad expereince?

rick18

Thank you ghd. We did contact the local supplier and they offered a replacement of another brand, This was appreciated.
Regards
Rick

Ally
AllySydney, NSW

GHD Air, it just doesn't last

I have bought 3 GHD Air Hairdryers in the last 5 years, I should have moved to another brand when the first one blew up. Last dryer just stopped yesterday (only 18 months old!!) so I have now bought another brand. Each hairdryer has lasted 1-2 years, I expected more than that from a dryer that cost $200 especially when I use it only once a day for short hair!! Went through GHD head office when the first two blew up but that was plain hard work and in the end I was made to feel like I just hadn't looked after the product. Trust me, find another brand of hair dryer.

Find out how ghd Air compares to other Hair Dryers

Be careful with this hairdryer! Wire caught on fire!

Had the hairdryer for a couple of years and was quite happy with it until it just caught on fire!
The wire went up candle, quite a big fire. There was no damage to the wire before.

No matter how good the hairdryer was before, the fact it can catch on fire is unacceptable. Thank god no one was hurt/electrocuted.

Sam M

I have replied with my information.

Sam M

To follow up for everyone to know, GHD promised a replacement but then ignored my calls and never sent it.

AlessandroMillswood

I have had a few of these

shell
shellsydney

warning

I purchased this dryer a little over 2 years ago and lucky for us my husband woke up in the middle of the night to find it had turned itself on. I took it to a repair guy who said we are lucky our house did not burn down it had a faulty switch and of course the warranty has run out I have ghd called but no one is interested. I am very grateful my husband woke in time before we had a fire defiantly no more ghd products in my house.

Big Red
Big Redasked

I’ve just bought the ghd air and wandering if it’s normal to feel air on the handle?

Mary H.
Mary H.asked

My concentrator nozzle has broken and will not stay on. Where can I buy a replacement? Searched everywhere, but can not find one. Only one found and incorrectly purchased is the new Helios version which is inconveniently incompatible. Anyone not using there's and would like to sell?

Gem247
Gem247asked

I’ve attached the nozzle to my brand new GHD air hairdryer, clicked it but it spins around rather than staying in place. This makes it very frustrating to use while trying to style my hair.

Dear Gem,

Thank you for your query.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you've been experiencing with your air and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

A private message has now been sent to yourself requesting some further details which will allow us to look into this for you with the relevant team.

Kind regards,
ghd

Get an answer from our members and ghd representatives

Produced by renowned hair care brand GHD, the GHD air is a powerful hair dryer that has been praised for its superior ease of use and value for money.

Features:

• Powerful motor delivers a high-pressure airflow, which dries hair quickly
  • Handle designed for left and right-handed users
  • Additional attachments, such as a diffuser and comb nozzle, available for purchase

What reviewers liked about the ghd Air:

• ghd’s friendly and helpful customer service was appreciated by reviewers, who were happy that their issues could be resolved
  • Reviewers noted that this hairdryer left their hair feeling silky smooth and didn’t make their hair feel dry
  • Some reviewers tried other brands but had ultimately decided that the ghd Air dried their hair most effectively.
CategoryHair Dryers