ghd Air

ghd Air

See the Best Hair Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ghd

Concentrator nozzle useless

Great and expensive hairdryer but the concentrator nozzle constantly spins around. The point of a concentrator nozzle is that you’re able to concentrate the heat in one place which is impossible with this dryer. Would not recommend for this reason.

Purchased in December 2019.

Lysh
Lysh

Great hairdryer, just really heavy

I bought a GHD Air after reading so many reviews online.
It really does dry your hair well, and faster than my previous hairdryer.
I did find that it was really heavy and after about 5 minutes my arm would get really tired. I ended up selling and buying a parlux which performs the same but is much lighter and more comfortable to use

C Clark
C ClarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hairdressers review

I’ve been a hairdresser for 32yrs and have gone through a few hairdryers in my time.
The power and heat settings make for quick styling ( If your hair is fine and brittle this power may not be necessary.) The wide nozzle sends heat to a wider area of hair, also speeding up the process.
I’m onto my 3rd GHD and my only gripe is that if something goes wrong with it after the warranty has run out you can’t send it away to be fixed....it just goes in the bin. What a waste.
New motors are usually around $45 and brackets that hold your dryer motor in place or cord may be the only repairs needed. These things cost less to repair so it’s a pity and massive waste to have to bin it.

MaryG
MaryGAdelaide

Very blowy, a little heavy

I have always found ghd products top quality so was looking forward to my hairdryer try out. I think I had high expectations and maybe expected too much to be honest. The dryer is super heavy and a little weary on the wrist, but you do soon get used to it. The air pressure is very strong which I d feel makes my hair go a little fuzzy. Sometimes when I use someone else's hairdryer I feel I get a smoother finish. Would I buy it again? Maybe... but not definitely...

Adele Tan
Adele Tan

Good for hair health but slow

This hair dryer doesn’t damage your hair at all. I’ve used it for almost 5 years and it’s going strong. My only complaint is that it does take a long time to actually dry my hair, although I have very thick hair. My old inexpensive one was much quicker however I guess the GHD is better for my hair health.

Alexandra Z
Alexandra Z

Decent hairdryer

I have enjoyed using this hairdryer - when I first bought it, I could definitely tell the difference compared to my old VS Sassoon hairdryers. It dries my hair a lot faster than other hairdryers but it does make my hair a bit frizzy. My hair is naturally fine though so this is not a surprise occurrence. For some reason, after about 2 years, it sounds like something has broken inside it and when I tilt the hairdryer on its side, it sounds like it's dying! It still works adequately so I haven't bothered purchasing a new one.

Carolm79
Carolm79Melbourne

I loved my GHD straightener so though I needed the matching dryer

After such good experiences with GHD straighteners I purchased the GHD Air. Its a good hair dryer with 2 temp settings. It fits in the had nicely and isn't too heavy. It doesn't seem to have a whole lot of fan force. I feel like my cheaper brand hairdryer perhaps blew out more air. All in all its a good dryer that I am sure will last sometime.

Jennifer
JenniferMelbourne

Nothing special

Received this free with a magazine subscription and because of that, I can't really complain. Would I pay money for it? Probably not. It's not very strong but I have thick hair. It's adequate if you like to half dry. If you're after something stronger, try Parlux.

Caz
CazSydney

Dries hair quickly

After reading many good reviews on a cosmetics website I bought the ghd air dryer instead of a Parlux which was recommended by my hairdresser. I have thick wavy hair and it dries it quick enough but I haven't been able to achieve the smooth salon look without still using my Remington flat iron afterwards. The dryer is also on the heavy side. I think it's overpriced for what you are getting, you are paying more for the brand name.

Paula
PaulaPerth, WA

Paying for the Brand

I purchased this hairdryer as recommended by my hairdresser, I was advised if I purchased this I wouldn't need to straighten my hair again as the Ghd hairdryer straightens and dries. Nonsense! It dries my hair like any other ordinary hairdryer and does not straighten.

Slight disappointment

After reading raves about the GHD Air, I finally purchased one in the hopes I would achieve salon quality hair. I'm definitely an amateur at hair drying techniques so that may be the issue but I've only used the product around 4 times since I purchased it in July. I have thick frizzy hair and I use salon quality shampoo plus Moroccan Oil and the GHD made my hair frizzier! Awesome product but wish it came with detailed instructions or someone taught me their wise ways!

bg2014
bg2014Lilydale

best hair dryer but doesn't last long before it dies

I have had a GHD Air for 2 years and absolutely loved it so much....but then it completely died. I rang GHD and they told me my only option was to buy a new one. Nice hair dryer but expensive if you have to replace it every 2 years!

Big Red
Big Redasked

I’ve just bought the ghd air and wandering if it’s normal to feel air on the handle?

Mary H.
Mary H.asked

My concentrator nozzle has broken and will not stay on. Where can I buy a replacement? Searched everywhere, but can not find one. Only one found and incorrectly purchased is the new Helios version which is inconveniently incompatible. Anyone not using there's and would like to sell?

Gem247
Gem247asked

I’ve attached the nozzle to my brand new GHD air hairdryer, clicked it but it spins around rather than staying in place. This makes it very frustrating to use while trying to style my hair.

Dear Gem,

Thank you for your query.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you've been experiencing with your air and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

A private message has now been sent to yourself requesting some further details which will allow us to look into this for you with the relevant team.

Kind regards,
ghd

Get an answer from our members and ghd representatives

Produced by renowned hair care brand GHD, the GHD air is a powerful hair dryer that has been praised for its superior ease of use and value for money.

Features:

• Powerful motor delivers a high-pressure airflow, which dries hair quickly
  • Handle designed for left and right-handed users
  • Additional attachments, such as a diffuser and comb nozzle, available for purchase

What reviewers liked about the ghd Air:

• ghd’s friendly and helpful customer service was appreciated by reviewers, who were happy that their issues could be resolved
  • Reviewers noted that this hairdryer left their hair feeling silky smooth and didn’t make their hair feel dry
  • Some reviewers tried other brands but had ultimately decided that the ghd Air dried their hair most effectively.
CategoryHair Dryers