ghd Air

See the Best Hair Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ghd

• Safety
Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good hair dryer

I use this hair dryer and it dries my hair without any fuss. It has a very long chord which is great and would be very useful for hair dressers and stylists.
It is a little heavy but I can manage.
Pros:
Quick drying
Different settings, including cool setting
Expensive
Cons:
Is a little loud
Is a little heavy

Scott M.
Scott M.Canberra 2600, ACT

Attachment spins

Bought this for my wife, great hair dryer but she is frustrated because the hair straightening attachment keeps spinning. Have been back to GHD about this and they promptly sent a new attachment but this one spins as well. Seems like a design flaw. Have noticed others having the same issues.

Purchased in December 2019 at Hair house Warehouse for $250.00.

Other Hair Dryers

Great hairdryer - except for one thing

This hairdryer is great and doesn't damage my hair unlike my old hairdryer. However, the nozzle does not stay secured to the hairdryer and keeps spinning during use. I bought this hairdryer via RY in Dec 2019 but not sure how to get this replaced.

Purchased in December 2019 at Ry.com.au for $165.00.

Minda
MindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

GHD Air Professional Hair Dryer

I purchased my second Ghd Air Hairdryer to replace the one that died I bought back in 2014.
I purchased my new Ghd Air Hair Dryer in the kit with the brush, clips, dust bag and diffuser.
I was so excited to finally be able to use this to make getting ready for work so fast like it use to be for me with my first ghd air hairdryer.
Unfortunately it's impossible to use the hair dryer with a concentrator nozzle that is loose and spins making it impossible to get styled hair.
I am hoping GHD replace this as I only bought this 22/1/2020.

****The customer service were very helpful and fast to respond and are sending out a replacement nozzle.****

Purchased in January 2020 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for $220.00.

Glimpseofmel
GlimpseofmelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great hair dryer

This is a great hair dryer! It comes beautifully packed in a nice sleek box with 2 different nozzle attachments and extra long cord! Feels nice to hold and use! The air flow is nice and dries my hair nicely without it looking fried. I’ve had this dryer for a couple of years. It’s reasonably priced. It isn’t the cheapest but isn’t the dearest either. I’m very happy with this hair dryer!

Purchased in October 2017.

Annabelle L.
Annabelle L.Sydney, NSW

Good dr

Good hairdryer. Powerful and does the job. The only downside is that it is quite heavy. I tried cheaper models and they are not as good when I compare to this.

Purchased in July 2016.

mc787954
mc787954VALENTINE

ghd Air

has been used for 3 months, the wind speed is very large, can also change gears, can be in a short period of time to dry my hair, both beautiful and practical, not occupy a position, like, the first use may be a little plastic taste, but in a few days there is no

Liv
LivVictoria

Lightweight, good air pressure and fast

This hairdryer is great because it is so lightweight and dries hair fast so your arms don’t end up aching. It leaves hair smooth and silky. The airflow is strong and the nozzles are narrow so it’s awesome for blow waving. The temperature ranges don’t scorch your hair and the cool shot button helps smooth out frizz and set hair. I also love that that temp and air pressure are on separate buttons. Worth the investment!

Taylor
Taylor

Good Hairdryer

I bought it recently after getting the Cloud 9 and needing a hairdryer (First owned) to straighten my hair and keep it volumised and this one had really good reviews on this website and others. It's pretty good and dries my hair well, but it does sometimes glitch and turn off and on by itself. Still would recommend it to others :)

Susannah
SusannahSouth Australia

Excellent hair dryer

This hair dryer does a great job of drying my hair quickly, and also makes it a lot smoother. Not as smooth as when the hairdresser does it but I guess she is an expert! It's quite heavy but my hair is fine and doesn't take long to dry. I've had my straightener for years so I'm hoping this lasts a long time too.

Beccy
BeccyGold Coast

pretty good

yeah pretty good hair dryer, nothing special really. have no notice it stand out when compared to other hair dryers for any reason. Good size for travel purposes, reliable, and nice looking design. definitely good for use when getting ready for a big occasion as it blows hair out nicely.

Gabby
GabbyGold Coast

Great product!

Very happy with the results, it dries my hair so quickly. This hairdryer seals the ends and leaves my hair beautiful just like a professional has styled my hair worth every cent. It is a little bit heavy though.

ESH
ESHPerth, WA

EASY TO USE

I purchased Ghd Air Hair Dryer Professional Kit as it was actually cheaper than purchasing just the hair dryer. Kit came with diffuser, brush,clips. Easy to use, find hairdryer a little bit heavy. Dries hair very quickly. Great for styling/straightening hair.

Niko T
Niko TGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent product

I purchased these along with the GHD Platinum straighteners for my wifes birthday in July 2017.
I use these to dry my daughters and sons hair after they shower and it dries hair so much faster than the previous model we have used from other brands.

The only issue with these ones versus some of the others that we have had is the lack of speeds and heat. There is only I and II for both, whereas some of the other dryers we have had include 3 speeds and a COLD option. I know these arent designed for kids in general, but a lower option is always good because they sometimes find it a lot hotter than we do.

Other than that, they look great and work well.

Alice
Alice

Good quality dryer

Like all ghds the quality is excellent.

Dries my hair very nicely, but because I've got thick long hair it takes forever sometimes so a much lighter hair drier would be nice!

However I definitely would still recommend to others. It's not cheap feeling and you can for sure know that it'll last a long time and not light on fire after a few uses.

Big Red
Big Redasked

I’ve just bought the ghd air and wandering if it’s normal to feel air on the handle?

Mary H.
Mary H.asked

My concentrator nozzle has broken and will not stay on. Where can I buy a replacement? Searched everywhere, but can not find one. Only one found and incorrectly purchased is the new Helios version which is inconveniently incompatible. Anyone not using there's and would like to sell?

Gem247
Gem247asked

I’ve attached the nozzle to my brand new GHD air hairdryer, clicked it but it spins around rather than staying in place. This makes it very frustrating to use while trying to style my hair.

Dear Gem,

Thank you for your query.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you've been experiencing with your air and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

A private message has now been sent to yourself requesting some further details which will allow us to look into this for you with the relevant team.

Kind regards,
ghd

Get an answer from our members and ghd representatives

Produced by renowned hair care brand GHD, the GHD air is a powerful hair dryer that has been praised for its superior ease of use and value for money.

Features:

• Powerful motor delivers a high-pressure airflow, which dries hair quickly
  • Handle designed for left and right-handed users
  • Additional attachments, such as a diffuser and comb nozzle, available for purchase

What reviewers liked about the ghd Air:

• ghd’s friendly and helpful customer service was appreciated by reviewers, who were happy that their issues could be resolved
  • Reviewers noted that this hairdryer left their hair feeling silky smooth and didn’t make their hair feel dry
  • Some reviewers tried other brands but had ultimately decided that the ghd Air dried their hair most effectively.
CategoryHair Dryers