ghd Original IV Styler

ghd Original IV Styler

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ghd

• Hair Length Medium (2)
  • Hair Style Straight (1) and Wavy (1)
  • Straightening Time 30 minutes
  • Hair Care

Amber
AmberGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My curler broke into two parts, customer service is disappointing

Purchased in February 2020.

Shannylouisa
ShannylouisaPerth, WA

Ghd have gone downhill

I had a limited edition ghd for about 7 years and recently replaced it with a new one. I had to get it replaced under warranty because it wasn’t getting hot enough. They sent me another one, the customer service is great but this one is crap too. How can they have changed so much since my limited edition one. I wouldn’t recommend at all, you’d be better off buying a cheap Vidal sassoon one, they work about the same.

Purchased in June 2020 for $185.00.

Bonnie
BonnieBrabham

Poor quality - Quality changed

I bought the straightener right after the manufacturers had changed. Such pool quality straightener! After the first 3 times of using it the famous 'GHD' logo had literally rubbed off! Takes a few glides to straighten hair where as my cheaper Remington one straightens in one go. I emailed GHD to question this multiple times, with no response! Definitely don't recommend if you don't want to waste your money.

Bridget
BridgetBrisbane

My new GHD melted my hair :(

Find out how ghd Original IV Styler compares to other Hair Straighteners

Avoid disappointment and spend your money elsewhere.

linjea
linjeaSydney

Not worth the money spent

This is used to be one of the most amazing products on the market but I can honestly say that it's the worst now, purchased a new one for the same price as I purchased my first one over 7 years ago and the new one qualitie is horribleit didn't even last me just over a year before it stop working obviously warranty had run out and they couldn't do anything about it so I wouldn't waste my money on this brand

Nina
NinaSydney

Do not buy this product!!!

Very dissatisfied with this product. I have to run it over the same piece of hair 5 times to get it straight! Not worth the money! Shoddily made and false advertising!

Very disappointed

I have just bought some new GHD's and I'm very disappointed. Not at all as good as my old 10 year old ones. Not hot enough, take far longer to do my hair and seem to turn it frizzy. I'll be selling them on and investing in some cloud9's.

Mss7
Mss7Sydney

Worst ever!!!

I thought changing to ghd wld be salon smooth, it has been anything but! Its crappy and doesnt give a smooth look and feel to hair at all. Silly store lady suggested this model "for your hair type" and this just means not Caucasian hair thin like! Maybe if i had just selected a ghd i jad tried at a gym instead of listening to a store lady with no knowledge, I might hv been happier. Really unhappy now hv to go buy another hair iron aft wasting all that money.

Maricar FMelbourne

Regretted buying ghd

Very disappointed with my new IV ghd hair straightener. It does not really make my hair super straight or sleek at all. Even if I use the ghd hair protectant spray, my hair is still not sleek and I have to go over my hair at least three times and it still has a frizz and looks 'dry'. I have purchased this thinking ghd will give me sleek straight hair or perfect curls. I have tried curling my hair too but the curls are gone in an hour. I have to use my Vidal Sassoon hair straightener and curling iron to achieve what I want. it is not worth the money that I paid for. The Vidal Sassoon works infinitely better than my new ghd. I have regretted purchasing ghd. So disappointed.

JessicaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awful. GHD is not what it used to be.

GHD? more like Bad HD

Bob89645
Bob89645

Horrible product. Horrible Company

My wife's old set of GHD straighteners died so we purchased another. The quality of the new ones are not that of the old. They did not straighten, The plates had uneven heat distribution. We had bought 2 pairs one large and one slim. After being disappointed with the thick ones we decided to sell the unused thin ones on Ebay and were contacted by the horrible company GHD.

What a waste of time

GHD website says that the process of returns is simple and easy and smooth. Oh what a joke. Painful customer service, painful policies and absolutely not worth the trouble. Limited edition purple GHD stops working 3 weeks out of warranty and "there is nothing we can do" about it. Absolutely disgusted.

Sam
SamAdelaide

Red Flashing Light Within a Fortnight

I purchased the IV Styler in late April. Less than two weeks later the red light started flashing and it stopped working properly. I'd used it less than half and dozen times. I'm so disappointed, I'd heard good things about GHD but now I'm wishing I'd purchased something else.