ghd Original IV Styler

ghd Original IV Styler

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ghd

• Hair Length Short (1)
  • Hair Style Wavy (1)
  • Hair Care
Rachel McGuire
Rachel McGuireSouthwest, VIC

Don’t rate it!

I have always bought GHD’s since they come out! Very disappointed in the quality of them now! They feel so cheap now! Doesn’t glide through my hair gets stuck when styling! Heats quickly but to me not hot enough I have thick hair and takes heaps to straighten! My ends have been damaged..

Purchased in January 2020 for $299.00.

Esther
EstherSydney

OK - on my thick afro

Often have to use this product two times over to reach my desired texture. Not too fast - have to pass through hair slowly. Sometimes can overheat and let off steam

Alex
Alex

GHD used to be great, mate

I feel like GHD has dropped in quality a lot. The straightener takes a while to heart up and doesn't entirely take all of the waves out of my hair. I dislike the fact that you can't change the heat setting. The packaging with this product was very nice and came with a straightener bag. GHD is good for hair health. There are better straightner brands out there these days though (halo and muk for example).

Kathy
KathyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

2 years and one month and dies

Great straightener. Very disappointed another GHD has died on me. I am looking at other brands now. These straighteners are made so we can continue buying them every couple of years. GHD do not want their product to last more than 30 months.

Shazam
ShazamSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not all that

I have tried various hair straightening irons over the years. I usually buy the cheaper brand ones, which are okay. Thought I would buy a ghd because hairdressers always make my hair look fantastic with these. Unfortunately I must have bought the wrong model, because my ghd's performance is no better than a cheaper brand iron. I still have to pass it through my hair several times to get it to look anywhere near as good as a salon straightening.

Ana
AnaDrouin

Good but miss the original

It is alright, but I miss the original ones. My old ghd needed to be upgraded as it was very old. The new the straighteners have a slight gap between the plates. I feel that the gaps allow my hair to fall through while I'm straightening my hair. Called the support number and was told that's how they are now. Was a bit disappointed.

Rama
Ramamelbourne

Reasonable quality but slightly pricey

Have owned several much cheaper hair straighteners prior to the GHD and they were mostly similar in heating ability and quality but several times cheaper. I've had no real great issues with the GHD but expected to be significantly better (i.e. faster heating, more features, etc) for the cost

...
...

Curly straightner

I bouugt one from the Macquarie shopping centre from Mayer on 28th April 2017 for my wife, the product was not really good. It takes time to heat up the straighter and doesn’t curl hair properly

Jess Turner
Jess TurnerSydney

It was alright

My hair is straight on the top and I have full ringlets underneath so I needed a good and powerful hair straightener to make my hair the same. This straighter did the job okay but it wasn't super amazing as it made my hair fuzzy and I had to go over it so many times before it was completely straight. I ended up buying one from Target for $30 and it has been so great because it is so strong!

Jane
JaneBrisbane

Not bad

Not the best hair straightener out there but it does the job. It doesn't take too long to warm up and does a decent job when in use. If I regret anything it's not get a bigger size as my hair is thick

Renee m
Renee mNSW, 2038

Not as good as the original

God my first GHD in 2005 and it only gave up on me in 2015, it had been all over the world with me! Got the IV and its just not the same, feels flimsy and plastic. Does not always heat up and light up and you have to go over your hair a lot more to get desired result unlike original. Not impressed.

ayumi
ayumiSydney, NSW

Not too sure about the hype

Got this as a present from my fiance a few years back when there was all the hype. It works but I don't find it any special, still happy as it's a trusted brand. However not sure it's worth the price tag.

Find out how ghd Original IV Styler compares to other Hair Straighteners

They require a bit of mastering to actually get results

After help from a salon, I am still unable to master a curl and so I have gone back to my faithful Remington Pearls. It is just to hard to apply the required technique when your not a trained stylist :(
Customers should be advised when purchasing GHD that they require a bit of mastering to actually get results as most people, like me may not have realized until its to late.
I should have stuck with Remington!

Val34Cairns

Disappointed

Val34

Hi there and thank you for your response - I will call the customer service team, but I am truly not sure on how they can help me! Thank you, V

Disappointed!

I got these straighteners as a present last Christmas and they have been absolutely fine until yesterday, I was using them as normal then they decided to turn off and they won't turn on ever since? Really not happy as I've said before haven't even had them a year yet!