ghd Original IV Styler

ghd Original IV Styler

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ghd

• Hair Length Long (5)
  • Hair Style Straight (1), Wavy (3) and Curly (1)
  • Straightening Time 31 minutes
  • Hair Care
Cards Master
Cards MasterSydney, NSW

Good product but costly

It's a costly product.
It won't straighten your hair if its overly curled.
But it will help to maintain the straightness for few months once you get your hair done professionally.

Purchased in January 2020 at eBay for $210.00.

T-LeeB
T-LeeBSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's an original

Heats up in minimal time, gets very hot, too hot unfortunately. I wasn't accustomed to the GHD technology, and unfortunately fried the ends of my hair when initially using it. I've changed the way I use it but recommend anyone buying one of these second hand (which is what I did), reconsider.
They are too hot and will damage your hair if you don't know what you're doing. I have it on professional advice the new technology is very good.

MelissaF
MelissaFRyde

Amazing straightener however small plate

This straightener heats up super fast and has lasted me years! In comparison to the max GHD this one is very time consuming and you have to seperate your hair into small portions to get a nice dead straight look, also takes a few times going over. Because of that I feel it damages your hair a little more, however that could also be purely because of how straight I like my hair and obviously being a smaller plate it takes more time and needs more going over!
However had you asked me my opinion before buying the max I would have given it 5 stars any day of the week!!

Purchased in July 2017 for $200.00.

Great Hairstyler

Bought this years ago and it is still going strong, have not had any issues with it. heat sup quick and stays hot. I would prefer a dial to adjust temperature for different style options.

Purchased in February 2018.

Sara A.
Sara A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pretty good

It does the job however for the price I don’t find much difference between this straightener and cheaper straighteners. It is annoying that you can’t adjust the temperature. And you do need to keep it on for a little while to properly heat up and work effectively. However I have had it for over a year and it’s still in perfect condition

Purchased in January 2018.

Tiana Turner
Tiana Turner

Great straightener

I have had my ghd for 5 years now and it has not let me down always leaving my hair nice and straight.
My hair used to always fall into waves straight after being straightened but my ghd always leaves a beautiful straight silky look that lasts all day

Purchased in March 2014 for $200.00.

Kayla
KaylaSydney, NSW

Loving it so far

The straightener heats up in no time. It's super easy to use, as I can straighten my hair quickly and I haven't had any burns so far, which is amazing considering how accident-prone I am.

Purchased in January 2019 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for $168.00.

Sarah.
Sarah.Melbourne

Ordaniary

I didn’t find much of a difference between this hair straightener and a $60 hair straightener. It does heat up very well so I recommend using a glove it does get pretty hot

Kylieb
KyliebCairns

Good reliable straightener

The GHD heats almost immediately and is a good straightener. My previous ghd had issues with the plates coming loose but my current model is excellent. Would be good if it had a shut off power function in case you accidentally leave it on!

Cass
CassGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pricey, but does a good job

I love my ghd hair straightener and use it several times per week. It heats up quite quickly (in the region of 20-30 seconds) and heats to the perfect temperature for my hair. It's nice and light and feels comfortable to use. I find it less damaging to my hair than other cheaper straighteners, but find that it's definitely worth investing in some argan oil or other heat-protective product. Ghd straighteners are on the expensive end, but I think it's worth spending the extra money to buy a product that does a good job.

ThePickyOne
ThePickyOneSydney

Does the job, and does it well!

I have had this product for three years now and am happy to report I am satisfied with the product from day one. It's super easy to use and provides me perfect results every time. I couldn't live without my GHD and believe investing in a superior product is mandatory. This model is pretty basic, but does the job! It heats up within a few seconds and looks good when not in use. I haven't had any issues with it as it feels and looks well built. I will always stick with GHD straighteners, as I am a very happy customer!

Norgen
NorgenBulleen

Lovely results expected quality

I got this for my wife. Dangerous territory for a husband to venture in to but I had heard her saying GHD is "the" name when it comes to straighteners. Anyway I got it right and she loves it and regularly uses it. She used it a lot at first and now seems to only use it if shes after the Japanese super-straight hair look. Good quality machine

Chelsea
Chelsea

As expected from GHD

This is my second ghd after my first one has died after using it for 4 years. It is quick to heat up and it switches off automatically after 30 minutes which is excellent in case you forget to turn it off. It doesn’t make your hair dry compared to cheaper straighteners but the price is pretty steep for a straighterner.

C Clark
C ClarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They are smooth

Heats up in seconds, plates are smooth so hair glides through easily. I’ve used many models of GHD hair straighteners being a hairdresser and my only complaint it that the cords give problems after about 3 years. We don’t tightly wrap our cords or put them away when they’re still warm.

Wisey
Wisey

Can't live without my straighteners!

This is my 4th pair of GHD's in about 15 or even more years! I always go back to them even though their life span with me seems to be about 3 years. The price is mid range really for something which genuinely does a good job. I've heard Cloud9 and also the more expensive models of GHD's are better but for the price and what I need it for I feel like this model is good enough and does the job just fine!